Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subaru Heist at Drayton Manor!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2006, 08:19 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Heist at Drayton Manor!!!!!

My news could be old news but did anyone hear about the Scoobys that were taken from Drayton Manor last week????

....one of them was a P1, damn fine looking one too,Friend of a friends and he's in Bits!!!

ANyone know anymore about it???

Tamworth area so yes, its good old Brum Boys doing what they do Best!!!

No offense to you Legit Brummys out there.....if there is any....Sorry!!!
Old 22 June 2006, 08:25 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

my old evo 7 went 6 weeks ago.
a P1 went the following week.
Old 22 June 2006, 09:09 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

so thats another P1 for their collection then...
Old 22 June 2006, 10:00 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

RIP P1
Old 22 June 2006, 10:01 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Is this common at Drayton Manor?
Old 22 June 2006, 10:07 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

I think i read another thread a while ago about a newage going walkies from there
Old 22 June 2006, 10:10 PM
rob2006
Scooby Regular

Gutted for the loss, scum like that should be lined up and shot.... this jail crap is bullsh*t.

Can i also ask what is drayton manor? sounds posh!

Rob

Trending Topics

Old 22 June 2006, 10:16 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Theme park
Old 22 June 2006, 10:18 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

Drayton Manor Park and the Coventry showcase cinema car park are both targeted areas. a number of subarus gone missing from both those sites
Old 22 June 2006, 10:20 PM
rob2006
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StudentScooby
Theme park

Cheers mate, never been to a theme park before, think i'll avoid that one if the chance ever came up then... then again i cant be ars*d with the time it takes to travel the lenght of scotland to get even remotly close to one so i probably never will.

Rob
Old 22 June 2006, 10:39 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

Yeah its been a nightmare there apparently (drayton)!!!

The P1 was a beauty, thought they all are but well looked after, Maintained regardless. The guy is in bits, pride n joy!! Imagine it, Out with the Kids on a lovely day, walking back to your Scoobs with that smile on your face.......to find you cant find it!!!!! 45 mins later after trying to convince yourself you must have parked it elsewhere then bump into another chap who is doing exactly the same as you have been doing.......Bassssardsssssssssss!
Old 22 June 2006, 10:50 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

What security was the guy using?

Steering Wheel locks? Black jaxx etc?
Old 22 June 2006, 10:57 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
Drayton Manor Park and the Coventry showcase cinema car park are both targeted areas. a number of subarus gone missing from both those sites
Sorry to hear this. Thanks for the tip about Cov though as I park there sometimes when in town for work.
Old 22 June 2006, 11:05 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Probably the same bunch who worked the NEC/Brum airport carparks.

Haven't heard much about thefts from B'ham airport recently. I wonder if they've moved on to other areas?

Donnington was another hotspot too.
Old 23 June 2006, 07:24 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raartoot
Yeah its been a nightmare there apparently (drayton)!!!

The P1 was a beauty, thought they all are but well looked after, Maintained regardless. The guy is in bits, pride n joy!! Imagine it, Out with the Kids on a lovely day, walking back to your Scoobs with that smile on your face.......to find you cant find it!!!!! 45 mins later after trying to convince yourself you must have parked it elsewhere then bump into another chap who is doing exactly the same as you have been doing.......Bassssardsssssssssss!
What happened after he reported it stolen, as all P1's had a tracker....
Old 23 June 2006, 07:37 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marky9074
What happened after he reported it stolen, as all P1's had a tracker....
A surprising number of P1 owners found (after a couple of high profile thefts in the last 2 years) that the RAC Trackstars fitted in their cars were effectively just dead weight. After a couple of P1's disappeared without trace, lots of P1WOC members went on a mission getting our cars towed around to test if the tracker would activate, or phoning RAC Trackstar and demanding they locate the car on the spot. Lots didn't work, including mine which had to be replaced.

Sad thing is even if they do work, they can be found and killed in about 5 minutes if you have half a clue what you're doing.
Old 23 June 2006, 07:46 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

I found out mine had NEVER worked, from the time the car was purchased in 2000

Then it took ages to get it sorted. the most inept company i have ever dealt with

As Iwan says, when the fitter came out and i said not got a clue where it is and the RAC blurb says can be in 60 odd locations, he said dont worry they only put them in 1 of 2 places on subarus.

Took him about 30 sconds to find it!

Last edited by p1mark; 23 June 2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 23 June 2006, 08:14 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

I found out mine had NEVER worked, from the time the car was purchased in 2000

Then it took ages to get it sorted. the most inept company i have ever dealt with

As Iwan says, when the fitter came out and i said not got a clue where it is and the RAC blurb says can be in 60 odd locations, he said dont worry they only put them in 1 of 2 places on subarus.

Took him about 30 sconds to find it!
Mine worked as I sold it and months later RAC rung me up to say the car was stolen.....or maybe it didnt work, depends how your take on it was!

Last edited by Marky9074; 23 June 2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 23 June 2006, 08:39 AM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

My P1 went from Drayton Manor on the 1st of May.

I had a couple of PMs from people saying they had also had cars stolen from there, one subaru, one evo.

It appears to be a dodgy place to take a performance car to.
Old 23 June 2006, 09:05 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Marky 9074 could you please edit your post. yes that is one of the areas.
Old 23 June 2006, 09:11 AM
New_scooby_04

Generally theme park car parks have CCTV, was there no footage available. Even a professional would require some time to get around the stock security and that's to say nothing of any steering locks etc...

Ns04
Old 23 June 2006, 09:31 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Marky 9074 could you please edit your post. yes that is one of the areas.
Done....

So I was correct! It is not like it is hidden is it?
Old 23 June 2006, 10:16 AM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

Drayton Manor only have CCTV on the main gate which is a good quarter of a mile from the car park.

When I suggested looking to see if another car left with mine on the basis that the thieves would have needed transport to get there, neither the security nor the police were interested, its just a case of here's your crime number if we hear anything we will be in touch.
Old 23 June 2006, 03:03 PM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Just thinking about the tracker (as it took me all of five second to find mine on the WRX300), what is the point? I mean, I found the GPS antenna, now it does not take a rocket scientist to work out how to stop the satellite signal being received (though for obvious reasons I will not state it)

Am I missing something? I work with GPS every day as part of my job, and as I see it I can disable this system from returning the position of the vehicle by one action that will take less than a second to do....
Old 23 June 2006, 03:19 PM
sienar33
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Marky9074
Just thinking about the tracker (as it took me all of five second to find mine on the WRX300), what is the point? I mean, I found the GPS antenna, now it does not take a rocket scientist to work out how to stop the satellite signal being received (though for obvious reasons I will not state it)

Am I missing something? I work with GPS every day as part of my job, and as I see it I can disable this system from returning the position of the vehicle by one action that will take less than a second to do....
I get the impression Tracker is money for old rope.
Do insurance companies get kick backs from Tracker (RAC?) for stipulating Tracker must be installed?!
Trying to get the f****** c**** to put it in my name is starting to p*** me off.
Old 23 June 2006, 11:01 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

...basically the five O said it was becoming a headache for both Drayton and themselves, Drayton have lost quite alot of visitors due to the word getting around and so it should be. Not being funny but the park has had approx 24 performance vehicles swiped in 18months!!!!!!....So why havnt they sorted their security out???!!!???!!!!!Gits.

The P1 hasnt been found yet and never will either.

No steering Lock.

As for the tracker, has its already been said, the tracker aint functioning but he was only talking about it weeks before saying he should really sort one out, Ouch!!!!!

He's now cruising in the Mrs Yaris for now. Said he really does want another P1 but finding one like his is gonna be hard, Thats what he said anyway.

on that Note, Ive decided to upgrade to a P1 now, well very soon should I say.

Last edited by Raartoot; 24 June 2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 24 June 2006, 08:54 AM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

me the wife and kids was planning on going to drayton in the week. glad i didnt now. and if we plan to go in the future i think i will drive the wife's car.
(ibiza).

scum the lot of um
Old 24 June 2006, 10:12 AM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Drayton Manor never used to be like this. They do hve CCTV all the way up the drive and have done for years.
My dad used to run a custom car show there every year without any problems. (Street Cruisers) Mainly rodders and hevily customised kits.
Depending on whether your parking in the main car park out the front, or whether it is around the back depends on the CCTV.
Old 24 June 2006, 10:37 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I must admit, having ANY type of Impreza turbo and NOT having a means of secondary security in addition to the stock alarm/immobiliser and tracker is somewhat shortsighted and foolish imo.

Don't really want to harp on about hindsight here of what should or should not do, as its useless and won't help the owner now. But it's an opinion that I formed long ago that non-visual security does not put off theives on any car (not just Subarus). If anything, it attracts theives on a desirable car.

Sure, they aren't impregnable. But its "one more" thing in addition to the other security measures. That's why I have a CAT3 rated wheelclamp AND a CAT3 rated sterering lock in addition to the factory immobilser. AND in addition, a aftermarket CAT1 alarm/immobilser (not the stock "plug in" sigma tat), in addition to no external door locks, in addition to security film (even though its frameless windows- the glass is much harder to break). In addition to the non-factory tracker (NOT RAC).

Next step is a internal smoke/fog system and remote GSM pager wired to the alarm

Little note with tracker, most people here are on about RAC's tracker. This is different to Tracker the company "Tracker Network UK ltd" (eg. Tracker monitor/tracker Horizon). As not all tracker systems are the same, as they are operated and installed by differnt companies and use different tracking devices, therefore some are more relaible than others.
Old 24 June 2006, 11:01 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

It is obvious, with hindsight, that the Trackstar will only be fitted into the quickest and easiest parts of the car, when mass produced like they are. Again this will lead to it being found and disabled very easily if you are 'in the know' i am sure.
What worries me, is how are they getting around the CAT1 immobiliser? I dont ask that as in, i want to know how to do it, i ask that as a rhetorical question. I mean FFS CAT1 is supposed to be the best innit. Now that worries me.
Not long after i bought my then new MY03 WRX, i had fitted another manufacturers tracking device, and some other things i aint going into here, and the thing is, i like Drayton Manor! LOL.
But there is no way i will go in Subaru now i have read this thread.
Not that my car is more knickable than any P1, i just wont take the chance.

Quick Reply: Subaru Heist at Drayton Manor!!!!!