Non scooby newbie

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2006, 02:03 PM
charlietruman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non scooby newbie

Hi all,

I have been the proud owner of a modified Seat leon cupra for nearly two years and i am now looking forward to next year and maybe a change to a scooby.
for reasons that escape me i am also interested in the Nissan 350z fairlady although i am yet to drive one, maybe just a fad? i have however driven my friends WRX on many occasions and experienced the improvements he made over a year from standard and i have to say i love the cars looks and performance.
in my cupra i am at a stage where unless i am already doing 50mph the power is unuseable but for the money i have spent its still a great car, just got back from the Ring and i must say it performed brilliantly but i now know i need to upgrade if i want to play harder.

so i will be monitoring ths forum and picking up some valuable knowledge before making my decision next year!

Regards
Old 22 June 2006, 02:10 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Well thanks for that?????
dave
Old 22 June 2006, 02:19 PM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Why wait? You know it makes sense! Go on.....feel the force!

Just don't ask anyone on here to choose between classic, bugeye etc. else you'll die of old age before you finish reading the responses!!!
Old 22 June 2006, 02:20 PM
charlietruman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by misty
Well thanks for that?????
dave
your obviously a helpful chap no recommendations? best places to look? known issues to look out for?
Old 22 June 2006, 02:22 PM
badboy-scoob
Scooby Regular

get youself a scoob bru - 350z gonna cost u a lot of cash - scoobs r cheap and gonna be faster anyways
Old 22 June 2006, 02:25 PM
charlietruman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Awd Chaddy
Why wait? You know it makes sense! Go on.....feel the force!

Just don't ask anyone on here to choose between classic, bugeye etc. else you'll die of old age before you finish reading the responses!!!
I really like the classic, but i would need a newer car, so probably the bugeye, wasnt there a facelift model after that version but before the latest model?
Old 22 June 2006, 02:29 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by badboy-scoob
get youself a scoob bru - 350z gonna cost u a lot of cash - scoobs r cheap and gonna be faster anyways
Aye, innit...........................................

Trending Topics

Old 22 June 2006, 02:32 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by AWnoscooby
Is that you DCI ?
I've managed to get a feckin stalker................
Old 22 June 2006, 02:33 PM
charlietruman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by badboy-scoob
I think one of the reasons i was leaning towards a 350z is after having a go in a mates caterham rear wheel drive can be alot of fun! but of course there is a flip side to that coin! unexpected donuts on corners when pushed too hard.
Old 22 June 2006, 02:34 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Welcome to SN. The world of Impreza ownership is a maze of choices, and decissions on upgrades, far more so than the Leon.

You'll find plenty of helpful advice here (and some not so helpful), you'll soon start to see through it all. At least you're not looking to buy one tomorrow and have plenty of time to weigh up the choices.

Have you already started to look at which impreza (Japanese Import, UK, classic, etc) you might be looking towards? If you have an idea of what you want the car to do, how much you're prepaired to pay and what your priorities are relating to warranties and power upgrades etc are, there are plenty of owners here who will point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the mad house, and good luck

Gareth
Old 22 June 2006, 02:44 PM
charlietruman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by GarethE
Welcome to SN. The world of Impreza ownership is a maze of choices, and decissions on upgrades, far more so than the Leon.

You'll find plenty of helpful advice here (and some not so helpful), you'll soon start to see through it all. At least you're not looking to buy one tomorrow and have plenty of time to weigh up the choices.

Have you already started to look at which impreza (Japanese Import, UK, classic, etc) you might be looking towards? If you have an idea of what you want the car to do, how much you're prepaired to pay and what your priorities are relating to warranties and power upgrades etc are, there are plenty of owners here who will point you in the right direction.

Welcome to the mad house, and good luck

Gareth
cheers gareth,

not been looking properly yet, hence my reasons for joining SN, get a head start!
i did the same with the leon, was patient looked about and got a very good deal and took peoples advice.
i think i need to find a Good dealer and have a few test drives, then go buy privately? or is it worth buying from a dealership? Seat dealers are useless but i feel that is not the case with subaru?
Old 22 June 2006, 03:06 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Subaru dealers on the whole are pretty good, although there are exceptions judging by some peoples experiences.

Subaru maindealers will only supply UK spec cars, so WRX or STi (plus all the various limited edition UK models). If you are after the utmost in performance then its the STi, but if you are after a car for everyday use then the WRX can be a better option. The main dealer offer the best options interms of ease of ownership, servicing, parts and warranties.

If you want the utmost in performance then you need to look at japanese spec imports from one the Import Companys - Litchfields in particular- which will also offer the greatest options for further tuning.

That is really just a starter, there will be plenty more options and advice from others to follow I'm sure.

Gareth
Old 22 June 2006, 04:51 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Type-R STi V5, and I'm sooo tempted by a 350z, but I just cant bear to part with the Scoob!