Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member-scoob from japan direct?

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2006, 09:22 PM
speed-demon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member-scoob from japan direct?

hi guys, im a new member here, dont actually own a scooby yet, but have until december to get my first one, will definately be a late classic, v5 or v6 sti, hope to learn lots from you guys, just to start off. Could somebody pls advise me as to wheather it is worth a trip to japan to buy a nice clean j.d.m model, i've also heard that i cld possibly get one from dubai.
Old 20 June 2006, 09:37 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No it's not worth the trip.
Old 20 June 2006, 10:44 PM
oscarprezza
Scooby Regular

a week trip to japan will cost over a thousand pounds and you may not find the car you are looking for even with the guidence of a good agent with you, as top examples of classic shaped imprezas are getting thin on the ground and if you do find one it may well be uneconomic to import unless you have money to burn , are you aware of the esva rules and the lack of model reports available for sub ten year old classic, probably better to buy one thats in the uk already just be very thorough in your choice , sometimes the odd minter pops up for sale on this forum but most people keep hold of the best examples or they are sold to people they know without being advertised on the net etc, good luck, forgot to add that purchasing an older car from dubai is a big no no !!!

Last edited by oscarprezza; 20 June 2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 20 June 2006, 10:58 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Dubai is where all of the stolen Evolutions came from! Dont ever buy a car there. There isnt much to add other than: Japan might as well be another planet, no one speaks English (those who do probably wont for fear of being poor and losing face) and even if they did you have no idea how to organise de-registration and export. Even if you could then you have no access to the auction houses where all cars are traded. Should you chance across a dealer who could deal with you then you still cant export the car; and they cant sell it to you anyway because you dont have aparking space.....

Id strongly advise you to only buy a registered car, in light of your lack of necessary knowledge.

Simon

£1000 for a week would be cheap btw; a kilck in a taxi costs £5 ffs!
Old 20 June 2006, 11:59 PM
speed-demon
Scooby Newbie

hmmn, very interesting, how much shld a nice one thats allready here cost me, i want to have it at abt 350 brake within abt 6 months of purchase, dont want to screw up reliability, an old friend has spent over 25 grand on a w plate civic 1.6 v.t.i coupe, turbo charging, this and that, and the thing hasnt driven for 5 months.