Help required please

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2006, 07:49 PM
chazpowerslide
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help required please

Hi,

I have registered on this forum because I need to contact some individuals regarding an incident that happened on the A14 near Huntingdon at about 5:50pm this afternoon.

I have posted the following request up on the Westfield Sports Club Website as follows.

I need to get a message to the drivers of 5 Richard Burns limited edition silver grey Scoobies that were travelling south on the A14 in the Huntingdon area today at about 5:50pm.

I particularly need to contact the owner of the first pair of cars in the convoy (the second had red prodrive mudflaps) that the ******* truck driver tried to force into the central reservation and the owner of the one that was following me (I was in the light metalic blue Ford Ka)

I have reported the truck driver to the police for dangerous driving as he very nearly killed myself and my family as well as trying to force the two leading Scoobies into the central reservation.

I have a digi pic of the truck (which I'll be able to pull the truck reg number off) and the Scooby which was following who must have witnessed the whole incident.

I must stress that the drivers of the scoobies were driving totally sensibly at the appropriate speed and in no way provoked the truck drivers road rage.
***** like the tosser driving the truck MUST be held accountable for their actions and I intend to persue this.

I have the reg number of the Sooby with the red mudflaps and the one following me.

Can any of you guys on this board (WSCC) help me get in touch with the Scooby drivers, there can't have been that many convoys of 5 pretty much identical limited edition Scoobies or indeed that many of that type of Scooby full stop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chaz.

If any if you guys can help out on this I'd really appreciate it, the behaviour of the truck driver was criminally dangerous, he was so close to taking out the two leading Scoobies, at one point he was half way accross the central white line and the two Scoobies looked to be inches away from the barriers.

After he failed to intimidate the two leading cars he braked hard to let them pass and voilently swung into the off side lane nearly killing me and my family, It was only my foresight that led to me backing off when I saw what was happening to the other two cars that he did'nt collide with me.

I can be contacted via Email or Via the Westfield Sports Car Club website where I use the same username as I have used here.

I take my hat off to the drivers of all five of the Scoobies, their behaviour was beyoud reproach and none of them rose to the provocation of the truck driver.

TIA for any info forwarded to me.

Stay safe.

Chaz.
Old 18 June 2006, 07:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

hope the truck driver gets banged up. especially if there wasnt any retaliation from the scoob drivers...
Old 18 June 2006, 07:59 PM
chazpowerslide
Scooby Newbie

There was no retribution form the Scooby drivers whatsoever, they were all driving well within the speed limit and obaying the rules of the road, as I say the truck drivers actions were un-provoked.

Chaz
Old 18 June 2006, 08:16 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

That does it new addition to scooby accessories is a bazooka. I hope you get the details of Subaru drivers so that the lorry driver can be sorted.
Old 18 June 2006, 08:43 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Not quite hijacking this thread but.......Today Some **** in a renault decided that me doing 37ish(sorry!) in a 30 was not fast enough, so overtook me in my scoob, with wife and kids in the car, Forcing me to break hard as there was an oncoming car...... What a ****..... England flags out of every window and kids climbing about on the back seat! I have his reg number but what do i do? I could incriminate myself! Just hope he drives like a **** all the time and gets caught by the old bill? Or report him and open a can of worms!

Old 18 June 2006, 08:51 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Hello mate. Welcome to the site and sorry its in such circumstances. Try posting here also http://www.rb5ownersclub.co.uk If you have the reg numbers pass them to the police and they should contact them
Old 18 June 2006, 09:04 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

You could try posting in here as these guys were would of been on the way back from the Northern Big One

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Mick
Old 18 June 2006, 09:06 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
Not quite hijacking this thread but.......Today Some **** in a renault decided that me doing 37ish(sorry!) in a 30 was not fast enough, so overtook me in my scoob, with wife and kids in the car, Forcing me to break hard as there was an oncoming car...... What a ****..... England flags out of every window and kids climbing about on the back seat! I have his reg number but what do i do? I could incriminate myself! Just hope he drives like a **** all the time and gets caught by the old bill? Or report him and open a can of worms!

Just don't say anything about your speed when you tell them. You were doing 30 and he forced his way past you causing you to take evasive measures.
Old 18 June 2006, 10:47 PM
graeme.
Scooby Regular

Don't know the circumstances but sounds like the typical truck tactic of blocking the outside lane 1 mile + before the approach to roadworks where the outside lane is about to reach the cones for a lane closure.

I see it all the time and it makes my blood boil. Am I right ??

If not what were the circumstances ??

Last edited by graeme.; 18 June 2006 at 10:52 PM.
Old 18 June 2006, 10:47 PM
Lazy Monkey
Scooby Newbie

Link posted on rb5oc
Old 18 June 2006, 10:51 PM
pjhsid
Scooby Regular

I was in the 5... We have video evidence.
Old 18 June 2006, 10:51 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lazy Monkey
Link posted on rb5oc
.... and answered!!

Owners in question can be contacted through the club!

This incident has already been mentioned on our forum!
Old 19 June 2006, 12:55 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

hello, I have just linked to this thread through a P1WOC member on our forum.

I was the lead RB5 with my wife as passenger and Andrew and his pregant wife in the passenger seat in the RB5 behind me.

Just reading your description of the ordeal makes my stomach turn and begin shaking again at the thought of this psycho and his HGV trailer within inches of crushing the car and my wife.

We was stuck behind a HGV on the outside lane going up a long incline travlling at no more then 50mph which was taking forever to pass the HGV on the inside, when the HGV on the inside lane put his indicator on to pull out????? Andy behind me and a HGV in front of me, where does he expect me to go??

After about approx a mile the HGV in front has only managed to just get the end of the trailer level with the cab of the HGV on the inside when he obvioulsy decides he's waited long enough and is gonna pull out (into the side of us) he was halfway over the white lines, I was beebing the horn frantically cos I thought he obvioulsy hasnt seen me, just to let him know I'm there, he swerved back a little then came over twice as fast further and further, I was over the rumble strips and hitting the dirt and grit and stones (sorry Andrew . if any hit your RB5)

All I can say is THANK F**K I was in the RB5 (and not my 1.8 focus cos I dont think I would be typing this now) with NOWHERE ELSE to go I had to floor it so he never hit us.....I just prayed that the HGV in front wouldnt brake.

Me n Deb's were brickin' it.

Thankfully the HGV in front pulled over and I just blasted off a mile to regain my breathe and check Deb's was ok. That was when I looked in my rear view mirror to see Andrew emerge from the outside lane aswell

This driver had no right to do this, he was intimidating us and had no concern for any other driver on the road, he scared the life out of 4 people (one of which is pregnant) and could have quite easily have caused IMO a fatal RTA.

Thank god you are ok and we all never ended up as a statistic

Last edited by rb5 286; 19 June 2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 19 June 2006, 12:58 AM
chazpowerslide
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys I've had a PM regarding this and will persue.
I'll flip over onto the RB5 forum for more info.

Thanks.

Chaz.
Old 19 June 2006, 12:59 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

what a complete ****!! i hope you did get some details from his wagon and get the c**t prosecuted. even if you were in a metro its still not on and risking the lives.... well that does it. i show no respect from now on for truckers...
Old 19 June 2006, 09:41 AM
jonesting
Scooby Regular

hope all this gets sorted mate,and that all concerned are ok.
Old 19 June 2006, 10:07 AM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Hope you are all OK. It sounds horrendous. This is a good example of how Mr Gatso has taken over and, there are now much less Traffic Plods than 5 years ago.

The standard of driving/road manners is appaling, with no visible deterrent of regularly seen Traffic Plods.

Thank goodness you all wre OK in the end and, Mr Belligerent The Lorry Driver gets sorted.

Good Luck.
Old 19 June 2006, 11:45 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

my wife read my account above and said she could see him looking in his mirrors, so he definately knew we was there.

am i correct in thinking that these HGV's are breaking the law by coming out into the outside lane???
Old 19 June 2006, 11:54 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

there breaking the law if there over 7.5 ton, unless theres good reason i.e accident etc.

chocolate obrian, please dont think all truckers are the same, there not. My dad drive an articit hes benn doing it for 20 years and does not drive like a **** and never has had an accident. Hes come close due to car drivers not giving him much room or trying to overtake him in stupid places. So there not all bad drivers.

Last edited by watto52; 19 June 2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 19 June 2006, 01:51 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

7.2mb A14 incident
Old 19 June 2006, 03:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by watto52
there breaking the law if there over 7.5 ton, unless theres good reason i.e accident etc.

chocolate obrian, please dont think all truckers are the same, there not. My dad drive an articit hes benn doing it for 20 years and does not drive like a **** and never has had an accident. Hes come close due to car drivers not giving him much room or trying to overtake him in stupid places. So there not all bad drivers.
fair point well taken... i was just wound up at someones stupidity. it would have been different if the trucker had to avoid something, but blatant dangerous driving isnt on. in a car you may get away with it but a truck is to big to be pulling around the motorways and dual carriage ways...

admittedly one of my mates is a truck driver and although only 25 and a gobby sod, respects other drivers.

chaz powerslide was the truck on a uk plate??? wasnt dutch polish french spanish etc??? could be a pain tracing a european driver... thats all.
Old 19 June 2006, 03:32 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rb5 286
Nice video...though truckers do this all the time! happned to me afew times too.
Old 19 June 2006, 04:40 PM
Legal Eagle
Scooby Regular

Isn't that a blind spot for truckers, just below and behind the mirror? I'm not trying to excuse his driving but just to explain how it may have occurred. If it was a left hooker, there is even more danger from sitting there waiting for things to develop ahead.
Old 19 June 2006, 04:55 PM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Legal Eagle
Isn't that a blind spot for truckers, just below and behind the mirror? I'm not trying to excuse his driving but just to explain how it may have occurred. If it was a left hooker, there is even more danger from sitting there waiting for things to develop ahead.
not when http://www.rb5.paulhooker.co.uk/rb5o...y%20driver.JPG
Old 19 June 2006, 05:01 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Okay...so all the evidence is here ...though ofcourse the police will do **** all about it as usuall...
Old 19 June 2006, 05:18 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

tried to view the video but all i get is a little sound clip...

i wanna see i wanna see
Old 19 June 2006, 05:29 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Personally that's why I'll never travel beside a truck at normal speeds on a dual carridegeway unless it's absolutely avoidable. Okay there isn't much you can do in slow moving or stop start traffic. As already said left hookers have blind spots and can easily pull out on you though by the sounds of it the truck in this incident was RHD and just acting like a tvvat.

Hang back until the path ahead is clear then pass it swiftly and in a single manouver. It's all about minimising the time you are exposed to danger.

Doubt the police will be interested but it's worth a go.

Good luck and stay safe.
Old 19 June 2006, 05:33 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
tried to view the video but all i get is a little sound clip...

i wanna see i wanna see
Save it to your machine and open with Media Player...if no already done..
Old 19 June 2006, 05:45 PM
johnrb5
Scooby Regular

peoplelike this need tobe sorted
Old 19 June 2006, 05:53 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Makes me laugh when I used to drive on the A500 around stoke, that Lorry drivers had to try and out do each other by trying to overtake, and ended up driving side-by-side for a couple of miles due to th lorries being limited to the speed they can do.

Quick Reply: Help required please