Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dutch Gatsos question

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2000, 08:02 AM
Neil F
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just got back from a weekend drive up to Amsterdam and unfortunately I got flashed by a couple of Gatsos in Holland (and probably on a Truvelo as well). Does anyone know the likelyhood of comebacks on this?

It was my first drive on the continent with the Scoob and I was suprised at the lack of other Imprezas along the way. I saw 1 in Belgium, which looked lowered and had an exhaust mod of some sort (made the car sound like a crackling bonfire as he acclerated hard!) and one standard car in Holland.
Funny thing was that I got a phone call from someone at the SIDC about Brands Hatch while I was driving through Belgium (I didn't get his name as the mobile link was a bit poo). I guess he must have sensed that I was feeling lonely!
I certainly got some strange looks from other drivers who were not used to the subtlties of a gold wheeled STi with WRC spoiler and SS exhaust!
I was also impressed at the fuel consumption of my STi4; 390 miles on a tank and a quarter, averaging 85-90 with the odd 120 blast. I was running SUL with OB (even a little OB with the European 98RON).

Neil.

[This message has been edited by Neil F (edited 25 October 2000).]
Old 25 October 2000, 09:33 AM
NickM
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't worry about the Gatso. I live in Holland and have been flashed a couple of times, as have a couple of mates with no comeback.

85-90mph? You girl , we made Calais to Breda in an hour and a half. That's 188 miles with an average speed of 124.6 including stops for petrol, sandwiches and glowing turbo pics. Not bad for a scoobie which won't go quicker than 160mph....

How did you find the Dutch and Belgium drivers? Personally, they scare me ****less. They have this habit of not looking in their mirrors before pulling out.

If you're planning on passing through Breda give me a shout, there's one Supra and two Imprezza's that can come out to play...
Old 25 October 2000, 10:31 AM
Neil F
Scooby Regular

Thanks Nick.

I had the girlfriend with me and the 120mph spurts were while she was asleep! She has a built in sensor that wakes her up at any speeds that she considers remotely dangerous. It's only that the Scooby feels so slow at 90 that she doesn't complain!
European drivers do have that habit don't they. They also don't seem to know what a braking gap is; if the car fits in then it's OK!
I did pass through Breda on the way actually, I'll let you know next time I'm around.

Neil.
Old 25 October 2000, 11:09 AM
Hunk
Scooby Regular

In holland the police uses a rotation system with the Gatso's. The camera is much more expensive than the pole its standing on so they switch the cam around. It's normal to have 1 camera on five poles. Did you know mr. Gatsonides was a Dutch rallycar driver? The man lived at high speed and then.. invents a Gatso.