Phil
Track Day Organiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Criminal Damage

Or Sorry Trick or Treat

After handing out at least £20 worth of sweets last night

How am I repaid

2 eggs thrust at my car which because I didn't see it till this morning has allready gone through Subaru's legendery paintwork
and is going to result in a resprayed door

Pissed off or what

Phil

[Edited by phil_stephens - 11/1/2001 9:23:58 AM]
Old 01 November 2001, 09:34 AM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that. After the first batch at my house I went to a secluded m8's house, in Croydon they'd probably torch your car as a ' trick '
Andyp
Old 01 November 2001, 09:44 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear that Phil, the scum that did it probably didn't even knock on your door!

I know a good local bodyshop if you need one.
Old 01 November 2001, 10:03 AM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry Phil - little barstewards

We bought a ton of sweets (to avoid any tricks played against the car), and not one witch or little devil turned up!!! At least we get to eat the sweets
Old 01 November 2001, 10:08 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Talking

Disco

What Bodyshop do you recomend?

Phil
Old 01 November 2001, 10:10 AM
Steve3drRS
Scooby Regular

Angry

LITTLE ****S.

I was ready all night to go out and kill anyone who even looked at my car.

What i always do tho is keep it under wraps (car cover XXL).
Tho this might not be so handy if u use car every day.

Jus round corner from my house i saw a modified R33 skyline (with GTR number plate) covered in flour and stuff (eggs, hope not). If i was mr skyline, id be going wild (then again he shudve known better, it was parked in the street).

Noone touched my car thank god.
Old 01 November 2001, 10:14 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Another bad import from the States along with Father's day, and similar commercial creations masquerading as cultural events.

Cant we get them back by exporting Morris Dancing...?
Old 01 November 2001, 10:17 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Egg flour and milk make a lethal combination as i discovered to my cost in th e80's when some student pals did my mums mini that I was borrowing .Turned into a solid glue-like dough stuff which hardened and wrecked the paintwork. Mum was livid.

Adrian
Old 01 November 2001, 10:19 AM
RussP
Scooby Regular

Angry

Feel for you mate.

The little B@STARDS that put a key down the side of my car yesterday didn't even wait til it was dark - they were kind enough to do it in broad daylight in a busy high street....[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I'm now up to the "This car costs me a grand a month - do i really need this cr@p" stage.

Still, being fatalistic, i've had it for 20 months and it was always gonna happen sooner or later.

Russ
Old 01 November 2001, 10:22 AM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

I am sorry to hear that Phil [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

We had more kids round last night than ever before and dished out quite alot of sweets as well, much to the annoyance of my daughter (5). "Why can't their Mums & Dads buy sweets for them?"

Quite a few of the kids even some as young as 3 or 4 complemented me on my Scoob, so I thought I would ask them if they would like to sit in it. Their eyes lit up the night sky as one by one over the course of a couple of hours about 15 kids had a sit in the Scoob. One little lad said "That was much better than a packet of sweets. Thank you Mister"

As always in life there is always a minority of little ****s who spoil it for the other well behaved kids.

TONY
Old 01 November 2001, 10:34 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Phil.

Supreme Motor Bodies in Wickford, they resprayed most of my car and I was really impressed, I think Scoobysport get their work done there too. Top quality workmanship, and great blokes too.
Old 01 November 2001, 10:34 AM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Noticed this morning that some little S**ts had been down a couple of local roads throwing flour at cars.

Thank God Rum makes me garage the car at night !
Old 01 November 2001, 10:37 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

so I thought I would ask them if they would like to sit in it
No wonder you had so many round
Old 01 November 2001, 11:08 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Wink

Disco

Amazing Telepathy (is that spelt right)

Supreme are doing the work next week

They are our insurance appointed bodyshop and they are next door to my office

phil
Old 01 November 2001, 11:25 AM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Cool

Spooky!!!

They'll do a good job, its just a shame you have to go there in the first place[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] At least they are handy for you LOL!
Old 01 November 2001, 12:03 PM
jamesa
Scooby Regular

Angry

Same Old Sh..... happened to family last night. They came around a sharp corner to be faced by a hoard of kids on an adjacent embankment armed with eggs etc. Got pelted, turned around and chased them only to discover four cars of coppers doing the same !

Seems the coppers were lying in wait until an act took place hence getting the necessary evidence. They collared five little blighters but the car`s paintwork is shot !

Old 01 November 2001, 12:25 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sods aren't they. I've got symmetrical lines down both sides of my McRae and I was pretty depressed about the whole thing for few days, now I look at the car and feel a mixture of sadness and pure anger. I've p/xd my car and had to take 300 quid off for body repairs. F'ing society - you don't get that kind of **** in Europe - re: Italy where you I think you could leave the keys in the car and you would be fine. No respect for people's property in this country. You try and get ahead, but there's always some tossers who can't bear it. I am dead paranoid about the car and now that I've bought a P1 its gonna be worse. Wherever I go I will have to think about whether its going to be ok, but I won't let the ba*tards win. If I catch anyone doing it then I will beat them to an inch of their life.

Keep a look out as worse may be yet to come - November 4th is mischief night isn't it. Do kids still do this?
Old 01 November 2001, 12:29 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Angry

I hate the American style Hallowe'en we have over here now and I hate kids knocking on my door demanding stuff even more, fortunately where I live now is a bit remote so the little buggers don't bother us. Even so we arranged to go out early to a very quiet little village pub with friends to avoid any trouble. It's ridiculous when you have to go out just to avoid being on the recieving end of 'tricks' like the ones mentioned above. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Sal
Old 01 November 2001, 12:50 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

If any of them tried it on with me I was going to put on my "Scream" ghost face mask, grab the biggest kitchen knife I had and pour ketchup on it. Then open the door slowly and just stand there with the "Blood" dripping off the knife.
Unfortunatly, no-one turned up!
Seriously, sorry to hear about your car mate, hope you get it sorted soon. However, it could have been a lot worse. Last year one of my mates got his locks superglued and a few years back my mates mini was broken into, and kippers were put on the exhaust manifold.
destructive little ***** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
astraboy.
Old 01 November 2001, 01:12 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry about the car, but do what I do, give them the sweets and then prove to them that you do have a big dog and he is more than capable of catching them should anything happen.

Daz.
Old 01 November 2001, 01:16 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I had a fake dead body in my living room amongst other things and intended on inviting in any little tykes that went too far. However, none of them got past the Voodoo Monkey head.
Old 01 November 2001, 01:34 PM
Christmas
Scooby Regular

Talking

Darren, That is no way to talk about your missus!
Old 01 November 2001, 01:37 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

We Just leave a front pourch light on, Watch the TV in the back room, looks like you are out & make sure you dont answer the door, but let the dogs bark their bolx off, so far in 6 years where we are no problems
Old 01 November 2001, 02:02 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

A couple of kids (and their mother) came into the pub I was in last night, the only treats they were offered were a bottle of Becks or a packed of cigs! Funnily enough they left with nothing!

I'd say egging your car was vandalism! My mate lives near Dagenham and when he got home his front door had been egged, luckily he keeps his car at his parents otherwise it could be the same story!

Voodoo monkey head, nice touch!
Old 01 November 2001, 03:00 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sal,
Even so we arranged to go out early to a very quiet little village pub with friends to avoid any trouble
Spooky - we did that too for the exact same reason

Last year, when we didn't answer the door (because the year before we had had a lot of aggro from the ba$tard kids [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ), they spray painted our door [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] This year I couldn't be arsed with that so we went out and turned all the lights off to "prove" that there was nobody in

In this case, it's probably a good thing that I have to park the Scoob on the street (and I never park directly outside my house either), so they can't easily work out which car is mine

Matt
Old 01 November 2001, 03:05 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Seems the coppers were lying in wait until an act took place hence getting the necessary evidence. They collared five little blighters but the car`s paintwork is shot !
And what exactly can the police do?

I fear I know the answer...
Old 01 November 2001, 03:27 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Let's hope they took them home to their parents where they copped a good leathering.
Old 01 November 2001, 03:41 PM
Steve3drRS
Scooby Regular

Im only 21, and a lot of the little ****ers who do this kind of **** are about 14, and jus go out to cause trouble, so, because im not loads older than them, it doesnt seem so wrong to people if i have to kick the **** out of em for doing stuff....
Old 01 November 2001, 05:01 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Call me stupid but what damage does the eggs, flower etc do? Surely if you just hose it all off immediately then it's OK, yeah?

Simon.
Old 01 November 2001, 07:50 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Angry

SD

Didn't see it till the morning

Paint lifted of

Pic's if you want

they went to the insurance company this morning

phil

Quick Reply: Demanding Money with menaces !