name the part!

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2006, 04:25 PM
rav123
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default name the part!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1..._sagoo/sti.jpg

whats the bit with the single-lined yellow arrow called (forgive my ignorance!)? basically, i foolishly scraped the double'yellow arrowed bit quite badly (right through to the metal both sides, can be noticed a mile away, by me anyway!) whilst driving off a steep ramp! "who cares?!" i hear some of u say. i just got this car less than 24 hrs ago and already damaged it, stupid stupid! replace the part or touch up paint?

(dont have a digital camera to take pic of the actual car)

Last edited by rav123; 03 June 2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03 June 2006, 05:35 PM
speedystu
Scooby Regular

sorry mate thats just U.F.L get a pen touch it up cos give it a week or three the stone chips will blend it a treat
Old 03 June 2006, 06:50 PM
LiamWR1(2)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rav123
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1..._sagoo/sti.jpg

whats the bit with the single-lined yellow arrow called (forgive my ignorance!)? basically, i foolishly scraped the double'yellow arrowed bit quite badly (right through to the metal both sides, can be noticed a mile away, by me anyway!) whilst driving off a steep ramp! "who cares?!" i hear some of u say. i just got this car less than 24 hrs ago and already damaged it, stupid stupid! replace the part or touch up paint?

(dont have a digital camera to take pic of the actual car)
Just get 3 quotes, replacement part from subaru, mr chips or chips away mobile paint repairs and the cost of a touch up pen.

Once you have all 3 it will be easier to decide what to do, my guess would be chips away?

Good luck either way , oh and by the way I've just done exactly the same on a high kerb and I'm opting for chips away

Liam
Old 03 June 2006, 06:53 PM
rav123
Scooby Regular

cool, thanks will do that. bit disapointing though, considering ive had the car for a few hours!! oh well...
Old 04 June 2006, 01:16 PM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

Think these are about 60quid per side from subaru and just unclip. Just get a new one and clip it back into the bumper. Not sure what you mean about metal though as all of the bumper is plastic. Might be cheaper to touch it up but if it has been gouged badly a new one will look best and it is about a 5min job. They are called something like STI side splitters, not sure but if you do a search you will find loads of threads on them with part numbers. They come pre-painted with the stickers already on them.