Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last Friday (Oh Holy Day), I got my brand new Impreza WRX 2.0 Turbo,
Deep Blue Mica,
WRC Spoiler (to be fitted),
Morette Headlamps (to be fitted),
18" Gold Oz Alloys Pirelli Tyres (fitted),
WRX Mats (fitted),
Performance Pack (on order, to be fitted),
and I am suitably happy (apart from the driver door seal falling out this morning, took two mins to put back in, hmmm).
I think however that the After Sales Service at my dealer is a bit suspect (You know who you are!).
The salesman (a well to do guy, nice manners, gold rolex) tells me on Friday,
'Your WRC spoiler is in the spray shop today as it was ordered last Wednesday, and it will be ready for fitting on Monday along with your Morette headlamps'.
'Not long' thought I, 'only the weekend to go eh! Will phone on Monday nice and early coz I'm really looking forward to my new toy being given its wings'
The victim dials the dealership on Monday ..
... 'yer spoiler is in the spray shop now, and takes a day to dry, so you will have to wait till mid-week to get it fitted guv'ner' says the voice on the other end of the phone (service desk manager, perhaps?).
Now its Wednesday (as in a mid-week Wednesday , not end of the week just before Sunday type Wednesday), and having not had a phone call, pissed off, went into the service centre at lunchtime.
The victim approaches the service desk ..
... 'its being sprayed today ' says the service desk person (spotty faced teen, bad habit of making farting noises with his mouth),
'can be fitted tomorrow if you want? ))',
'Hallelujah!, at last!' ... (relief first, then thinks) ... 'So what the guy told me on the phone on Monday was bull****?' I conclude. The youths silence and static grin confirm this to be true,
.. 'Oh by the way, it will have to be in for the whole day!' chirps the youth, quickly flicking through a large appointment book as if suddenly woken from a day dream involving cars, girls and wads of cash thats turning him on.
'Why?' I exclaimed, 'the salesman said you would *quote* whip it in *unquote* and I would have my car back in a few hours!'.
After a minor discussion on the nature of the installation of my spoiler with his manager he says,
'... as the bond has to dry for 24hrs',
'Well I don't want a wobbly spoiler do I!' I quipped, resigning myself to the hell of it all,
'Can I have a courtesy car for tomorrow then?'
'erm I don't think we've got one free!' mouths the boy making a vain attempt of trying to do maths with tick marks in the appointment book, and trying to divide 6 cars between 5 people on one hand with one finger up his nose, ... his brow furrows,
'Damnation', I tap my foot exasperatedly until the After Sales Manager(Oldish guy, bit serious) comes over, he must have noticed me staring angrily in his direction.
'Out of the way' says he to the youth, shoving him half way accross the desk, 'Of course we've got a spare car' he says running his finger quickly down the page. The youth manages to scrawl something into a column of the appointment book
.. and I am booked in for tomorrow!.
Check this thread for the next exiting installment of 'After Sales Service'? If you can bear it
Old 31 October 2001, 03:54 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

You can bet they'll have a lovely Justy round back just waiting for you tomorrow as your courtesy car