Sponsored by:

Raced a police T5

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2006, 04:41 AM
jam10
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a police T5

I was in my jdm sti 8, red lights police T5 st0ps next to me one officer opens his window and said to me : how fast is your car? so joknigly i said: faster than your T5, so he said lets see how fast on green lights, but dont go over the speed limit ( which was 60 ) green lights game on and we both went for it beat him to 60 mph, and i slowd down, he then went past me and waved!!
Old 30 May 2006, 06:54 AM
XyKo
Scooby Regular

I wish the cops in the USA was like that. Usually when something like that happen, it's a trap.
Old 30 May 2006, 08:10 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The N.I.P will be winging its way in the post and the Video evidence will be waiting at the magistrates..

Old 30 May 2006, 09:26 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Good on the officer for being a good sport
Old 30 May 2006, 09:28 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Old 30 May 2006, 09:46 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I could actually believe this.

Traffic cops off duty are the worse offenders for putting their foot down.

If this story is true - then hats off to him.

And expect a 60 quid fine in the post
Old 30 May 2006, 09:50 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

That's the first time i've heard anything like that. Fair play if he was geniune. He probably wanted to see what the fuss is with the subarus and how hard he's gotta drive to catch a stolen one.

Trending Topics

Old 30 May 2006, 10:06 AM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day, as long as you didn't break the speed limit or broke traction then you haven't done anything wrong.

Fair play to the copper for having a bit of fun!
Old 30 May 2006, 11:30 AM
BigAl024
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
That's the first time i've heard anything like that. Fair play if he was geniune. He probably wanted to see what the fuss is with the subarus and how hard he's gotta drive to catch a stolen one.

Your probably spot on there. But I'd still be too much of a girly wimp to take him on.
Old 30 May 2006, 11:40 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats spot on, finally a cool cop.... doesn't set a great example to billy boyracer sat behind him though
Old 30 May 2006, 11:53 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

like it, it makes them a bit more human, shows that they are not all tossers and can see where to have a bit of fun without being dangerous of illegal.
Top copper

Got stopped by the police back in april, was going up to my sisters in shropshire.massive crash on M6 toll, so sat in it for 3 hours, engine stopped.
anyway needed to make up some time, so floored it up the toll and along the M54/A5.
Came to roundabout, copper car sat on verge, one copper out the car. As i left roundabout, saw him get into the car. I pegged it until i saw some very bright lights appear (took him a couple of miles to catch me )
Slowed down and when the sign for a laybay appeared on came the blues and two's.
Pulled in "thinking..oh dear !! gonna get told off"

Copper came alongside my window, had a little chat, then said he had pulled me over becuase my car was " quite a tasty car (his words) and he just wanted to check it was mine"
Had a little chat while my details were verified, mostly along the lines of
lovely car these..they are pretty fast arent they....do you track it, drag strip etc...had a little laugh about how long it took for them to catch me up..(subtle hint i think) and then wished me well and off you go sir.

So just for him and as he seemed such a fair copper, I nailed it out the layby with some noise

Result: nothing, they were probably laughing too much at my antics..

Old 30 May 2006, 12:03 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As we're telling stories

I was sat on double yellow lines, 4 lads in the car, big black block in the front next to me. Copper walks past.. stops and comes back.. I opened the window and he said is this your car? Yes I said, ****ing lovely aint it he said, how much did you pay for it.. I nearly Fainted..
Old 30 May 2006, 12:06 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Old 30 May 2006, 12:09 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
As we're telling stories

I was sat on double yellow lines, 4 lads in the car, big black block in the front next to me. Copper walks past.. stops and comes back.. I opened the window and he said is this your car? Yes I said, ****ing lovely aint it he said, how much did you pay for it.. I nearly Fainted..

big black block....

is what what you call your best mate..
Old 30 May 2006, 12:12 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

I have to disagree with the commends of people saying "good on him"..

The police should set an example, if you put this type of story into a different context and say you saw a copper committing petty theft would you be just as impressed? Obviously if you were a thieving little toe-rag you would?

Its hypocritical really because the people who are "impressed" with his actions are only impressed because its part of your interests.
Old 30 May 2006, 12:18 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
I have to disagree with the commends of people saying "good on him"..

The police should set an example, if you put this type of story into a different context and say you saw a copper committing petty theft would you be just as impressed? Obviously if you were a thieving little toe-rag you would?

Its hypocritical really because the people who are "impressed" with his actions are only impressed because its part of your interests.

But he wasn't commiting an offence though - Both kept below 60.

There is no law against acceleration (yet)
Old 30 May 2006, 12:22 PM
luke m
Scooby Regular

not strictly true. you could be had for driving without due care and attention(?)
Old 30 May 2006, 12:24 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Also racing on a public road is illegal, regardless of what speed you get to.
Old 30 May 2006, 12:26 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Ok i'll tell you about a guy who lives around the corner who is a traffic cop.

I first met him at a family party and i thought i'd get my claws into him.
I was sooooo wrong. He drives a chipped 330 BMW and rides a CBR600 and is a proper petrol head.

He (personally) does not have a problem with people giving their car some outside of built up areas. Its the powers above (which he hates incidentally) that tell him to sit in lay-buys with Scamera's.

What he does have a problem with is the max power brigade racing through towns and built up areas at 60-70mph and/or ******* who dont give a f**k about human life who steal cars and go on to kill innocent folk.

He's (in his own words) has knocked on too many doors to tell people their husband/wife/son etc has been killed only for the p***ks responsible to see the light of day again within 2 years of imprisonment.

Needless to say - he has very little job satisfaction any more and cant wait until he retires.

They're not all t**ts y'know.
Old 30 May 2006, 02:04 PM
jam10
Scooby Regular

Both kept below 60.
He did say do not go over the speed limit. it was around 3 am , roads were empty.
Old 30 May 2006, 02:29 PM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

As long as you're presenting a real danger to other road users or wildly outside of open road speed limits (read over 100mph) I've always found the police very polite and open to hear your (honest) reasons for speeding.

I have been stopped quite a few times in the 18 years I've been driving - but only prosecuted (one Fixed Penalty and one 14 day ban) when I was behaving like a tit.

The rest of the time I've just had a stern talking to or a polite "that was too fast".

Mind you I had quite a laugh with 2 local coppers. Essentially I had dived across a junction on 2 wheels some way in front of them and thinking I had stolen the car (as if) they spent the next 8 miles (cross country) trying to catch me up (in their Turbo Diesel Astra), but without the blue flashing light on! I found this a bit surprising as whilst I was ragging the girlfriends car to 7,000 rpm in each gear (and really enjoying myself) this was only a 1.1 Cinquecento Sporting with 55bhp ......
- They eventually caught me up on a nice straight and wide trunk road where I had eased off at a nice steady 70mph!
Anyway having established that I hadn't stolen the car and that I hadn't actually exceeded the speed limit on derestricted roads by more than 10mph, they gave me a bollocking, complimented me on my driving (lines, smoothness, anticipation etc) and let me go with a warning!
Old 30 May 2006, 03:50 PM
Scuuby_wrx
Scooby Regular

i dont know about this story............bit hard to believe.............he must have been a new young recruit to allow that to happen.......or a real petrol head
Old 30 May 2006, 04:02 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

I got blue lighted about 6 years ago by 2 coppers in a pug 306.

At 1st i thought they were going to issue a F/P as i wasnt wearing a seat belt.
when i stopped the passenger copper got out and asked me if i was interested in selling my car ( clio williams 2 ) as he had been finding it hard to source one. We had a 15min chat and they drove off..

True story that..
Old 30 May 2006, 04:14 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

police can be ok although not so long ago i was given
an.................ASBO as my current car a poxy VR6 was deemed to make excessive noise. checked my car top to bottom found nothing wrong and fined me 60 quid for unecessary noise and put a warning on my car meaning if i am caught again before sep making 2 much noise then il have my car confiscated!!

since been stopped 3 times not for anything in particular just being nosey and wanting to check over my car and 3 times later still not found a fault.

i also have good experiences with police who have stopped me told me to watch my speed and let me off even when i was caught doing 92 in a 60 stupidly!!!
Old 30 May 2006, 05:20 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

was in my jdm sti 8, red lights police T5 st0ps next to me one officer opens his window and said to me : how fast is your car? so joknigly i said: faster than your T5, so he said lets see how fast on green lights, but dont go over the speed limit ( which was 60 ) green lights game on and we both went for it beat him to 60 mph, and i slowd down, he then went past me and waved!!

Is it april fools day again or what!!!!!
dave
Old 30 May 2006, 05:52 PM
silverscoobydan
Scooby Regular

Old 30 May 2006, 06:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Best story since the last one I told!!

Pete