Sponsored by:

Paint Wave....

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2006, 03:22 PM
SB555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Wave....

I went to look at a sonic blue Impreza sti today and the car looked very straight but one thing is kinda bugging me, when looking down each side of the car there was a kind of a wave in the paint on the door which I was trying to figure out.
I know the paint on Subarus is not the best as I have owned a few but just wondering has anyone noticed what I am taking about. I dont think the sides were ever painted but I could be wrong and maybe this is the problem. Has anyone ever flattened the paint and polished it to get rid of this if its original paint.
Cheers.
Old 21 May 2006, 04:15 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SB555
I went to look at a sonic blue Impreza sti today and the car looked very straight but one thing is kinda bugging me, when looking down each side of the car there was a kind of a wave in the paint on the door which I was trying to figure out.
I know the paint on Subarus is not the best as I have owned a few but just wondering has anyone noticed what I am taking about. I dont think the sides were ever painted but I could be wrong and maybe this is the problem. Has anyone ever flattened the paint and polished it to get rid of this if its original paint.
Cheers.
Maybe it used to have stickers on it?
Old 21 May 2006, 04:36 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

All my Scoobys have had this slight ripple and i must admit i thought it looked a bit dodgy but I think its the metal pressings that arn't that true,but without seeing it in person then its a bit subjective as to how bad it is and whether its been painted
Old 21 May 2006, 04:57 PM
SB555
Scooby Newbie

I have bought many a car and I would regard myself as fairly good when it comes to buying a car and I would be fairly sure that its the original paint. Its even got the shultz still running all along the bottom. I rekon its just a Subaru thing but it still doesnt look great. I just wondered is there anything that could be done with it.
Old 21 May 2006, 05:17 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I must say, when i bought my MY03 WRX i too noticed this, to me it looked like a slight indent in the drivers door, but the car was new so i just took it to be "like that" even though i suppose that is naive.