Sponsored by:

Mongoose exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2006, 01:34 PM
TDoyley
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mongoose exhaust ?

Have recently bought an STI8 PPP and want to upgrade the exhaust, amongst other things, cos I think it needs it.

Previously had a Pulsar and the 'Mongoose' was pretty much a favourite when it came to exhausts.

Has anyone got a mongoose system fitted to their Scoob and if so, how do they rate ? Am weighing up me options at the moment.

Doyley.
Old 15 May 2006, 01:47 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The PPP exhaust system is quite good. If it is too quiet for you change the backbox. The high flow catted PPP downpipe is very good. I doubt you'll get a power or torque gain whilst on the stock turbo from changing it, and certainly not a gain worth all the extra noise/insurance hassle/resale issues (unless you refit the PPP system).

I have a Mongoose 3" on my Evo which was fitted by the previous owner - on this car it is worth it because the "stock HKS" downpipe is only 2.5" which is restrictive at 400 BHP. I'm happy with it as it is one of the quieter 3" systems, but I'm adding a resonator to it to shut it up more. The ones I've heard on Scoobies sound OK as well, not too loud. The rolled out tip is an acquired taste, got used to it on mine, but I would choose rolled in or slash cut.