Sponsored by:

Help - Big end gone - will warranty cover

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2006, 04:20 PM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Big end gone - will warranty cover

Hello - need a bit of help on whether I am likley to get stiffed on my warranty.

Just had Subaru assist out to me - I have an MY04 with PPP and the guy reckons the big end is gone. Its rattling like a good un and from the other threads I have found on here all the symptoms seem to suggest he has diagnosed accurately.

The car has covered 43K.
Will the warranty cover it? Is there any way the garage can wiggle their way out of it?

The car was only in for a 40K service a few weeks back, plus it was in for a ball joint on the front a couple of weeks back too. So, I would have expected all the fluid levels to be where they should be.

Any help or shared experiences on this would be good.
It's getting recovered tomorrow morning - Does anyone know if it s a long job as I am not really looking forward to a Nissan Micra for the next 3 weeks?

Cheers

Nick
Old 14 May 2006, 04:23 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a FSH and no mods there should be no trouble. Check the engine oil level is correct before it gets taken away - obviously without starting it, just to make sure it is in the right ballpark as if you let the oil level go low they might wriggle out. No reason it should be low, but not a bad idea to check every 1000 miles even on an engine you know hasn't used oil previously.
Old 14 May 2006, 04:40 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a read here

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=467350

2 months before i got mine back, and my car is nearly 1 year old and its still not fixed, im looking at engine number 3 due to a serious oil leak, which im told was caused by me driving the car hard, i think its because the grease monkeys who built it, cant do there job correctly, all my oppinion though

john

hope you get it sorted