Sponsored by:

***WARNING TO ALL EBAY USERS***

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2006, 09:33 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ***WARNING TO ALL EBAY USERS***

Hi Scoobyneters, this is a warning to all ebay users. If you see adverts of ladies posing by motorbikes or cars etc in any of the multiple adverts on Ebay U.K or another Ebay site don't click them ( they are hackers) as they are a carbon copy of the Ebay site icluding logo etc, because our Ebay account was hacked and 2 cars were almost sold ( Jaguar XK8 and Vauxhall VX 220 to be exact ) please spread the message to all of the Ebay users you know. I'm trying to stop this scam from happening throughout. Hope you all had a lovely day.
Old 10 May 2006, 09:36 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

This is one scam and there usually is others there too, i'm not scaremongering i'm only letting all of you guys know. Kind regards Nathan.
Old 10 May 2006, 10:30 PM
tjjammo05
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

also i had a fake email saying that i had bought products througth paypal. but i didnt. thought it was hackers. it said at the bottem click here to cancel transaction. so i clicked it, it asked for card details so i thought ermmm tha aint right. contacted ebay told them and forwarded the email they confirmed it was fake. just be care looks like ebay is not controllin ebay too well at the mo so be carefull.

thanks for the info m8
Old 10 May 2006, 10:46 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

I'm worried a user will buy a car such as one of them in my first message or something different and possibly leave you in a really bad situation.
Old 10 May 2006, 10:48 PM
chrisola
Scooby Regular

send out 100,000 spam emails from www.ebay.com or www.paypal.com (examples) about a survey\password has expired\bank detail maintenence... you are gonna get at least a couple hundred of people following the emails.. especially when they look EXACTLY like normal ebay ones.

Unfortunately thats enough to make a quick bit of cash... not everyone is as aware\alert to scammers

Personally, i delete anything asking me for info and never trust a site without the security stuff..