Sponsored by:

IM/Subaru Customer Services

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2006, 04:28 PM
aqua
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry IM/Subaru Customer Services

Thought I would take a look at the Subaru website and look at the accessories for the Forester 2006 range and oddly find nothing listed - only some subject headings!

So I call IM/Subaru and ask whether it would be possible to have a brochure (which apparently was released 6 months ago) as two of my local dealers don't/have not got them. I am told to hang on a moment whilst I am transferred to the correct dept (here we go I think) - so I am put through to a lady who proceeds to tell me that they cannot split the packs as they only come in quantities of 25 and are for dealers only! Huh?

I request to be put back to Customer Services as it was they who advised it would be possible to obtain one. I then speak with a chap who proceeds to tell me that the image of the item I am interested in is too small to see properly and I should speak with a Dealer!! I ask if he would be kind enough to send me a photocopy of the item or indeed to send a copy of the full brochure. He tells me he cannot as he only has one copy. By this time I'm getting cross and ask him why it is that as a customer I cannot obtain the info I need from customer services and why are they putting pictures in a catalogue that cannot be seen properly - he goes quiet and then says I should speak with a Dealer. At this point I tell him he is wasting my time and say goodbye.

So clearly IM/Subaru believe in good Customer Service then (not!) and are incapable of providing very simple information. I dread to think of the problems if it was of a technical nature.

Grrrrr
Old 09 May 2006, 04:40 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I hope someone who gives a toss at Subaru reads this.

This how you expect to be treated at a Alfa/Fiat/Rover at the Dealership & by the Manufacturer.

JD Power Survey would be interested in your Points.

I have a Forester & deal with Showells @ Lye. Stewart in Sales is helpful.

01384/422488 if that's local to you good, if not sorry to hear how you were treated.

Kind regards

Alan MAC
Old 09 May 2006, 04:54 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

IM are well known for shoddy customer service - loads of posts on here about it over the years.
Old 09 May 2006, 05:25 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Yip, I've just sold my last Subaru and while I enjoyed owning the cars even though I had reservations about my New Age one I must say that IM were awful. At least they spoke to you, my attempts to communicate with them in writing were met with total silence for over 2 years! What can I say?

They also seem to drop dealers randomly and the local franchise is currently with someone I wouldn't trust to sit the right way around on a toilet. I believe their strategy is to move "up market" so maybe they are only marking time until this move takes place and they leave us behind but it service terms it is going to be a very big move indeed from where they are at present.
Old 09 May 2006, 05:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I believe their strategy is to move "up market" so maybe they are only marking time until this move takes place and they leave us behind but it service terms it is going to be a very big move indeed from where they are at present.
They'll have to get a lot worse than they currently are if they're hoping to compete with Mercedes and BMW dealers Moving in the right direction though