Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Does the WRX PPP kit consist of a part decat ?

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2006, 07:05 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the WRX PPP kit consist of a part decat ?

I believe that the STI PPP kit consists of a 'sports cat' to replace one of the standard cats , but on the kit for the WRX do they replace any other part of the exhaust apart from the back box ? (the Subaru site is a bit vague I'm afraid )

The reason I ask is I want to get my 03 WRX up to PPP spec with a remap , it already has a prodrive back box ,will this be enough ? The car is noisy enough for me at the moment so I dont want to go down the complete decat route .

Any PPP owners out there that can help with a bit of info please ?

Many thanks

Dave
Old 06 May 2006, 07:44 PM
John57
Scooby Regular

It does remove one of I believe the two cats - or at least I have a small 'cat', a back box section and a plastic pipe sitting in my shed where they replaced them together with the exchange ECU ...... that was on my MY05 WRX when they PPP'd it.
Old 06 May 2006, 07:54 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John57
It does remove one of I believe the two cats - or at least I have a small 'cat', a back box section and a plastic pipe sitting in my shed where they replaced them together with the exchange ECU ...... that was on my MY05 WRX when they PPP'd it.
Thanks John thats just what I wanted to know ,do you know which cat they replace ?

Dave
Old 06 May 2006, 08:06 PM
antoine
Scooby Regular

the 2001-present WRX we replace the second cat in the system with a straight through pipe from prodrive. You also get (as you've got) a Prodrive backbox, an upgraded ECU and a Silicone intercooler hose. ( Some of the early bugeye impreza's had a restrictor in one of the turbo hoses but they did away with it late 52 plate models. (never found out why? ) The STi had all of these replaced parts replaced for the upgrade aswell except they also have fuel pump upgrade and a sports catalytic converter fitted. Hope this info helps.
Old 06 May 2006, 08:13 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by antoine
the 2001-present WRX we replace the second cat in the system with a straight through pipe from prodrive. You also get (as you've got) a Prodrive backbox, an upgraded ECU and a Silicone intercooler hose. ( Some of the early bugeye impreza's had a restrictor in one of the turbo hoses but they did away with it late 52 plate models. (never found out why? ) The STi had all of these replaced parts replaced for the upgrade aswell except they also have fuel pump upgrade and a sports catalytic converter fitted. Hope this info helps.
Thanks very much , this explains it perfectly

Dave
Old 06 May 2006, 08:23 PM
timuk1
Scooby Regular

My WRX has been ppp'd,The MY04 model and has 3 cats, one just down from the turbo then another half way just under the gear box the third one was removed then the PPP exhaust system was installed.