Sponsored by:

Getting a scoobie, again...

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2006, 11:44 AM
SpekkyDude
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a scoobie, again...

I had a old WRX (import) for about 3 months and it cost me fortune driving from Swansea to Cardiff everyday.. (80 mile round trip). So I bought a very sensible Renault Laguna oil burner...

Good news is, I'm no w100% workie from home... so the love boat is going and a Scoobie shall return....

I have a choice between a WRX and a WRX-ra, both about £4k, and I am a skin-flint.

Is the RA worth the extra without air-con etc????

Last edited by SpekkyDude; 05 May 2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05 May 2006, 01:21 PM
steviewrx
Scooby Regular

Ive had wrx's in the past but i recon the ra I have now is a much better car unless you do a lot of motorway miles.You get much better acceleration with the close ratio box but you're limited to a top speed of 120ish. My ra has a/c and e/w fitted from factory so you can get the same extras as a wrx if you look around.

I hope you're not considering the ra for sale in a garage in Skewen, I've viewed a few of his cars in the past and they have been sh#te, proper 'arfur daley' type owner as well.

Have a look at type-ra.co.uk for more info on ra's
Old 05 May 2006, 02:12 PM
SpekkyDude
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by steviewrx
I hope you're not considering the ra for sale in a garage in Skewen, I've viewed a few of his cars in the past and they have been sh#te, proper 'arfur daley' type owner as well.

You busted me, I was going to go up this weekend and see whats there, he says he's getting a couple of RA and STI, dang. I was looking forward to getting one soon.
Old 06 May 2006, 09:44 AM
steviewrx
Scooby Regular

There's loads of early cars for sale atm mate, your spoiled for choice and you can be really cheeky with the price as well. A garage in Nelson has good quality imports. A friend of mine bought a very clean v2 Sti from them about a year ago, he said at the time they were the best imports he could find in the area so its worth a phone. I cant remember what their name is but they advertise in the adtrader i think.