Finally got my Sti PPP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2006, 11:07 AM
graeme.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my Sti PPP !!!

Hi All,

I finally managed to find a good Sti ppp (MY53) (cheers Si).

A big thanks to everyone on here who advised me on what to look for, what to expect, etc. That's the second Scooby I've bought with the good advice received on here, cheers !!!

I've only had it a couple of weeks so don't want to jump in with both feet and make any rash comments, but so far:

I love the power and delivery but it's a brute, you have to "drive it" all the time, unlike my bugeye wagon which was more "user friendly".

I don't like everyone stopping and staring, drivers on motorways slowing down and following, etc. It makes you feel so self concious !
My old wagon just blended into the background and no-one knew what it was and what it could do.

I'm getting tortured at work (**** taking Firemen) saying I'm a chav with gay gold wheels and gay pink badges !!

The suspension (prodive springs) is rock hard and it skips round the twisties, rather than feeling smooth and planted like the wagon. Like I said previously, you have to "drive it" all the time.

The brakes are fantastic !!

I can't keep my foot off the thottle !!

Now navigating using Optimax Stations as way-points !!!

It looks beautiful !!!

Hopefully this will get me through my mid-life crisis, then I can get something sensible like a passat diesel. The thought just kills me !!

Thanks again for the advice,

Regards,
Graeme.
Old 03 May 2006, 11:18 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by graeme.
Hi All,

I finally managed to find a good Sti ppp (MY53) (cheers Si).

A big thanks to everyone on here who advised me on what to look for, what to expect, etc. That's the second Scooby I've bought with the good advice received on here, cheers !!!

I've only had it a couple of weeks so don't want to jump in with both feet and make any rash comments, but so far:

I love the power and delivery but it's a brute, you have to "drive it" all the time, unlike my bugeye wagon which was more "user friendly".
Welcome to STi ownership!!

True, with the tramlining too, you always have to be on the ball. It's damanding & can be tiring, but rewarding.

I don't like everyone stopping and staring, drivers on motorways slowing down and following, etc. It makes you feel so self concious ! My old wagon just blended into the background and no-one knew what it was and what it could do.
I think everyone feels like that. There was a poll held here and that was one of the worst paranoid things regarding ownership. It does calm down a bit the more you own it, but never goes away.

I'm getting tortured at work (**** taking Firemen) saying I'm a chav with gay gold wheels and gay pink badges !!
I got that about the pink badges too. Take them for a spin, bet that will be the last thing they mention next time!!

The suspension (prodive springs) is rock hard and it skips round the twisties, rather than feeling smooth and planted like the wagon. Like I said previously, you have to "drive it" all the time.
I had the springs fitted after a couple of months, and it is very hard.

The brakes are fantastic !!

I can't keep my foot off the thottle !!

Now navigating using Optimax Stations as way-points !!!

It looks beautiful !!!

Hopefully this will get me through my mid-life crisis, then I can get something sensible like a passat diesel. The thought just kills me !!
I got a vRS for everyday, and gave the STi to the wifey. Reduces paranoia, petrol costs and you love it more at w/ends.

Be warned about reading posts on here, you'll soon want to jump in on a Group Buy or mod it. It's a drug and a damn good one at that
Old 03 May 2006, 02:10 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Gratz !

Gotta love Scoobs

As has been said, I actually got the **** take about chavs and the pink thing about my STI at my work....went to a work convention, took 2 of my colleagues out in it round the lanes...one of them nearly wet himself..the other was practically crying...oddly they dont mock me anymore
Old 03 May 2006, 02:22 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllyJ
As has been said, I actually got the **** take about chavs and the pink thing about my STI at my work....went to a work convention, took 2 of my colleagues out in it round the lanes...one of them nearly wet himself..the other was practically crying...oddly they dont mock me anymore
everyone takes the **** out of subarus now for being chav-wagons, but they can still put a smile on your face when youre in them!
Old 03 May 2006, 03:46 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

How true oddly enough my 2 colleagues now want one