After some advice on a 2002wrx sti uk

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2006, 05:59 PM
dr jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy After some advice on a 2002wrx sti uk

Hi,
Wonder if anyone can give me some advice just brought a 2002wrx sti type uk from a inderpenpent garage and having some problems with the rear shocks they seem to be sticking and when you come to a halt the back of the car drops and when you pull away the wheels feel like they are oval like something is loose,when you lift the car by the wheel arch the shock comes back up i have done a search on hear and it appears to be quite a common problem on the new age cars. The car came with a 12 month warrenty but does not seem to cover the shocks. Do you think i am within my rights to ask the garage to fix this for free (only had it 3days) or as it is a know problem i should be taking it up with subaru. many thanks in advance for any advise
Old 30 April 2006, 06:08 PM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

i think u always have a 14 day cooling of period, dont u???????

also the is another 28 day legal requirment, which says the car should be mechanicly sound aswell.

anyways its something for u to look in to, go to a citizensadvise bureau now and inform them, as they are clued up on this sort of thing

but dont go to them in a months time as they might not be able to help u then
Old 30 April 2006, 06:10 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr jim
Hi,
Wonder if anyone can give me some advice just brought a 2002wrx sti type uk from a inderpenpent garage and having some problems with the rear shocks they seem to be sticking and when you come to a halt the back of the car drops and when you pull away the wheels feel like they are oval like something is loose,when you lift the car by the wheel arch the shock comes back up i have done a search on hear and it appears to be quite a common problem on the new age cars. The car came with a 12 month warrenty but does not seem to cover the shocks. Do you think i am within my rights to ask the garage to fix this for free (only had it 3days) or as it is a know problem i should be taking it up with subaru. many thanks in advance for any advise

If you have just bought it and it is a reputable garage they should respect that the car should be fit for sale and get the problem rectified at no cost to yourself, or refund your money.

Most car sales have a cooling off period that within so many days you can return the car if you are not completely satisfied.

Subaru would be able to tell you the fix for this and the cost. You may also choose to upgrade the suspension so fixing the problem anyway. Im sure someone else will have advice for you too.
Old 30 April 2006, 06:11 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sti Craig must type quicker than me!
Old 30 April 2006, 06:17 PM
dr jim
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for the replys i will contact the garage tuesday and arrange for them to look at it. Still very pi**ed off ,only had the car three days and already problems just hope this is not the start of a very costly mistake.