Does this sound suss ??

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2006, 06:39 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Does this sound suss ??

Or o.k ?
Looking at another uk turbo, the guy has owned it 2 mths, he took in part ex for his evo but says fuel economy is too bad,but would of thought evo was just as juicy ?!?!?!, it does have a dump valve, possible reason for bad economy, how easy is it to put the standard re-circ stuff on, oo, i sound like i knwo what im on about LOL, anyhoo, he says the previous owner, his mate, hmm, had a mate who owned an sti who writ it off, so this guy put some sti parts on this one, strut brace amongst some he can see, but he said it has the rear diff of an sti, how will this make the car, better, worse, good idea etc ??????

other points, the guy removed the air bag module to fit his dvd player in centre dash, the lite is on, naturally,but he said the guy put the module back in to prove lite went off, the current owner hasnt put it back in as he doesnt want to mess it up/**** it up anyhow ?!?!

hmmm maybe ?!?!?

no work done to engine, history wise, no gearbox rebuilt/no engine rebuilds, it has 120k,it has had an excedia <sp> race clutch put on about month ago.

it has an internal boost controller,555 No/plate,

i hate buying these cars, so much to look into !!!!!!!!!!

Old 30 April 2006, 12:42 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

cheers for all the input
hmm, think i`ll give it a miss, if i have to ask is it iffy then hmm, sod it !!

i did find it strange how he said the guy refitted the module and the lite went off,thouhgt it would of had to of been reset by sub aru themselves ? but left it unconnected cause he didnt want to mess it up by fitting it, all it is is on a mounting plate and a connector, well, the my00 is,on my sport, its just at the bottom of the centre console, where the gear gaitor trim ends.
now i know what people are on about thwne they say they saw 5 scoobs and 5 were duffers !!,even tho i ahevtn seen it, dont want to waste £20 fuel and a few hrs if by description it sounds iffy, and he has only had it 2 mths, from an evo to that and its too juicy

also the sti diff, why ?? prob been in a smack wouldnt hte front part need changing too, to accomodate the ratio difference ?

cheers all.......
Old 30 April 2006, 03:07 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the bloke is full of Sh1te. I wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. Especially with that mileage...
Old 30 April 2006, 04:00 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

mileage dont bother me, at my budget its normal mileage, but its all the tinkering with sti bits and like u and others have said, its all abit iffy/smelly, he has it 2 mths after an evo and says its too juicy !!