euro import service intervals

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2006, 08:37 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default euro import service intervals

Hello All...

about to buy a parallel 2.0wrx, good deal from importer, £14800 OTR with Cat 1,not pre registered so 06 plate.

The car is from Cyprus and will have the remainder of the 3 year warranty (apparently it starts the day it leaves the factory), so no probs there.

Salesman ( who seems to know what He's talking about) tells me that the service book will show 4500 mile service intervals, but I should ignore that and have it seviced every 10000 miles like a UK car.

It worries me that this service book will technically not be fully stamped and that a dealer might use it as an excuse to invalidate the warranty.

What do you reckon ??

Comments much appreciated.
Old 26 April 2006, 09:58 PM
gubby
Scooby Regular

You service the car almost like a UK car m8.

Ignore the greyed out service intervals that are for hotter climes like Malta & Cyprus.

The service intervals are 1,000 miles, then 9,000 miles, then 19,000 miles, then 28,000 miles and so on. i.e. you alternate between 9,000 & 10,000 miles, wheras a UK car is every 10,000 miles.

Just make sure you get it serviced within 1,000 miles of a service interval as IM can get a bit arsy if having warranty work done and the service book is not right!!
Old 26 April 2006, 09:59 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyg
Hello All...

about to buy a parallel 2.0wrx, good deal from importer, £14800 OTR with Cat 1,not pre registered so 06 plate.

The car is from Cyprus and will have the remainder of the 3 year warranty (apparently it starts the day it leaves the factory), so no probs there.

Salesman ( who seems to know what He's talking about) tells me that the service book will show 4500 mile service intervals, but I should ignore that and have it seviced every 10000 miles like a UK car.

It worries me that this service book will technically not be fully stamped and that a dealer might use it as an excuse to invalidate the warranty.

What do you reckon ??

Comments much appreciated.
For info, I attach a post which sets out the warranty service interval position with cars sourced from Subaru Malta and I see no reason why Subaru Cyprus should be any different. Personally, I would email Subaru Cyprus so that you have your own confirmation of this as your warranty will be with Subaru Cyprus although Subaru UK dealers are abliged to carry out warranty work under the standard 3 yr / 60,000 mile European warranty.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...ighlight=liaco

Tim.
Old 26 April 2006, 10:14 PM
bazzaa
Scooby Regular

YEP service it like a UK car, Also your car will need a lick of underseal and locking wheel nuts as per UK cars get when they arrive at the UK port carried out by IM.

I've been there and done it so i know what i'm on about, also you will get so much bull**** info about your warranty on here just dont listen to it.
Old 26 April 2006, 10:56 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that.....very useful.....it puts my mind at rest.

I'll make the call tomorrow and leave the deposit.

Much appreciated......Cheers
Old 27 April 2006, 04:10 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

He doesn't know what he is talking about

the service intervals are slightly different as they are in Kilometres 5000K for the first one not 1000miles. Though most people have a service done at 1000. Next service is at 12 months/10000K approx 9K miles. If you don't follow the cyprus warranty book schedule you will probably void your warranty there was a post on here somewhere about this. Also check that your warranty is registered with IM then you should be OK.
[
quote=johnnyg]Hello All...

What do you reckon ??

Comments much appreciated.[/quote]
Old 28 April 2006, 08:47 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

My cyprus WRX servicing details are here - post 22.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...u+import+early
Old 28 April 2006, 10:14 AM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the link.....

Explains everything....

Much appreciated.