Sponsored by:

Being Messed About By RAC Trackstar Plus

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2006, 06:14 PM
sm9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Being Messed About By RAC Trackstar Plus

I'm just posting with a bit of a moan...

I bought a WRX blobeye wagon last Wednesday - it already had a tracker fitted by the previous owner, the RAC Trackstar Plus, so this was great as mu insurance company required one before they would insure me for theft related claims - please note I am insured for driving it, just not if it gets stolen!

On the Wednesday afternoon, I called RAC Trackstar Plus Customer Services to get the tracker transferred over from the previous owner's private reg plate to the current one, and to pay my annual subscription. Easy peasy, or so you'd think...

They can't do anything over the phone, or even by email. Fair enough, although I told them how urgent this was, due to the insurance. So they posted me a Customer Subscription Agreement form to complete. It never arrived on Thursday so I called again to get another one sent, just to be safe. On Friday, two arrived in the post, both mailed the same day (Thursday)...

I completed the form and faxed these through to them, together with the other documents they needed, at 2:30pm on Friday afternoon. I called back at 4:30pm to see if they'd managed to process it, but was told they hadn't even received the fax! So I faxed it through again at 5pm, and again at 5:10pm (with just the main sheet this time, in case there was problems sending through a multi-page fax).

I then called again at 5:15pm, and someone went to check the fax, only to realise it had ran out of paper! So this is why they hadn't received it earlier in the day!

So they filled it with paper, and the guy then confirmed that they DID have it, finally, but it wouldn't be processed until first thing Monday as it was now 5:15pm and they close at 5:30pm...bloody lazy git, didn't even want to try and get it done because he was too busy thinking of the weekend, even after all the messing about he'd put me through when resending it etc...

Anyway, so I called back at 10am this morning, and spoke to the same guy, who remembered speaking to me on the Friday. He said it hadn't been processed yet, but would definitely be done today and to call back at about 5pm to double-check. So I called back at 5pm today, only to find myself speaking to someone who said they hadn't even received the fax! I explained the whole story to him, and how the other guy said they had it, but this guy reckoned that it definitely wasn't on the system and it must have been lost (all 3 copies of it!). He said I'd have to fax it through again, but it would now be tomorrow before they processed it...

So I faxed it through again at 5:20pm, and rang back again at 5:28pm, just to make certain they had it and it was logged on their system! I spoke to a girl this time, and she was so abrupt with me that I'm sure she had one foot out of the door on her way home... Anyway, the fax machine was in another department so she wasn't about to go and check it with just 2 minutes to go until home time, so she promised she would call me back in the morning and confirm they had received it, and that it would be processed mid-morning.

I can't believe the faffing about I've had with this place. If it wasn't so expensive so get a tracker fitted (£300-£400+, and a day off the road), I'd have gone elsewhere by now and started again.

And all this time, I'm twitchy as hell about the car in case it gets stolen and I'm not covered...

If anyone has a direct dial number for anyone who's really efficient at dealing with things like this, please feel free to PM it to me so I can get it sorted tomorrow, once and for all.

Thanks,

Ste
Old 24 April 2006, 06:41 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Do a search, you are not the only one.
Old 24 April 2006, 06:44 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

PM sent with details
Old 24 April 2006, 06:49 PM
sm9
Scooby Regular

Thanks Matt - PM received.

Ste
Old 24 April 2006, 07:19 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Probably easier to search for a post saying something good/nice about them. Their not the best to say the least!

They only survive because a lot of insurance companies insist on a tracker and theirs is already fitted to a lot of cars
Old 24 April 2006, 09:40 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Had same type of issues when i got my RB5, you are not alone! i came to the point where i nearly had another fitted so i was covered for theft. They gave me the excuse that the person dealing with it left the company. WTF.