Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DISCOUNTS on '06 WRX? Or shall I consider an Import?

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2006, 03:12 PM
Jaydash
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DISCOUNTS on '06 WRX? Or shall I consider an Import?

Hi all, new user here...

I'm considering buying the 2.5 '06 Impreza WRX but would like to know if deals are available generally? I appreciate that some people don't like this kind of talk on forums as it possibly affects residuals. However, I am shunning buying a specced MINI Cooper S because I cannot get a PENNY off; not even the £150 TLC package thrown in, from several dealers. So, I am looking to go elsewhere with my £22k, but am the sort of person who likes to get a deal.

Does anyone have any advice on this subject please? I understand that some dealers have 05 model STI's going for a song (about £22k/23k) but I really don't want the STI, nor the old model. Also, I see that Subaru now offer the Type UK, which appears to be basically the addition of a little badge and the rest is just paperwork i.e. extended 5-year warranty and servicing - anyone know how valuable that extra stuff is?

This, I'm told, is to counter imports, but a quick search of the 'net leads me to some company apparently selling the car I'm looking-for at just £14,995. Frankly, I would much rather buy from a Subaru dealer but a 5 or 6 'grand saving is a lot of dosh and would help counter the eventual depreciation if I keep the car for a few years.

Anyone got experience of getting themselves a deal on the 06 model or conversely, of buying from the importers? Can you name them here?

Many thanks for your help. JD

Last edited by Jaydash; 24 April 2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 24 April 2006, 04:44 PM
Aquanaut
Scooby Regular

The Whatcar? target price is very useful to wave under the dealers nose.

Welcome to Scoobynet, there are plenty of opinions about uk vs import.
Imports can cost less but can have dfferent specs and warranty

And of course the MY06 type uk - this is ok if you are keeping the car for a number of years as it doen't look as if the goodies are transferable.

Have a mooch about Scoobynet, there can be a lot of bollo*cks written but there is also a lot of good advice and information.

Bottom line a scoob will cost you - but its worth it!!

Old 24 April 2006, 05:03 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Import is the only way to go.

They are identical to the UK cars and only differ in what is added to them by Subaru UK.

Imports usually do not have :

Alarm
Tracker
Locking wheel nuts
Possibly underseal (jury is out on that one)

You get full warranty and when you come to sell the difference in price is not very big as some would have you believe. (Ever seen an MY03/04 WRX import for £5000-£6000?)

You should get a WRX for £15500 OTR from Motorpoint, Alliance, Allbrandsnew, Motordepot etc or an STI for £21300 OTR.