Old 21 April 2006, 11:18 AM
SiClarke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Origin B2 Owners/Users

Hi All!!

After a bit of help/advise.

I'm having real problems getting my B2 to update

Can anyone suggest anything to try! I've re installed drivers etc for the cradle and so on, it tells me its finished and ready to use but it wont seem to connect to the unit!!!

HELP ME Please!!
Old 21 April 2006, 12:01 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiClarke
Hi All!!

After a bit of help/advise.

I'm having real problems getting my B2 to update

Can anyone suggest anything to try! I've re installed drivers etc for the cradle and so on, it tells me its finished and ready to use but it wont seem to connect to the unit!!!

HELP ME Please!!
It will be to do with the comms driver that you computer sees the Origin B2 as.

Click on the communications port to select the correct port on your
PC. If you have connected the USB download cradle to a different port number than “Com 1”, you can select the appropriate Comms Port using this drop down menu. If you want to check which Comms port your in house download cradle is connected to this can be done by checking your hardware device manger. To do this, left click with your mouse on the Start button in the bottom left hand corner of your PC display. You should select the ”Control Panel” option. The “Control Panel” will open on your display and you should then double click on the icon labelled “System”. A further screen called “System Properties” will open on the display of your PC. You should select the “Hardware” option; you will then be faced by more options, and you should select the “Device Manager” option which shows the hardware devices connected to your PC. You should select and open the “Ports (COM & LPT)” option which will show the number of the Comms port the Origin b2/b2 Solo is using; this should match the number shown on the com port no on your update osftware screen. If the Comms port number differs from that shown you can alter it to the correct Comms port number by selecting from the drop down menu or by over typing.

This was taken from the latest user manual taken from the origin website members section, hope this helps.

Mike
Old 21 April 2006, 12:09 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

buy the USB connector cable
Old 21 April 2006, 12:25 PM
SiClarke
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies but..............

I've made sure the Com Port numbers are the same etc but it still wont connect everytime. It does sometimes but then just freezes part way through!!

Is the 'USB cable' different to the cardle that comes with the unit that connects via USB??
Old 21 April 2006, 12:28 PM
MikeyN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiClarke
Thanks for the replies but..............

I've made sure the Com Port numbers are the same etc but it still wont connect everytime. It does sometimes but then just freezes part way through!!

Is the 'USB cable' different to the cradle that comes with the unit that connects via USB??

Give Origin Tech a quick bell on 0870 205 3000, they dont require S/N's registration docs, just explain the situation, they are usually very good - make sure it's not a firewall problem first though affecting the dowload! N.B Im not too sure what this different USB cable is though! Could someone else shead any light on this?

Last edited by MikeyN; 21 April 2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 21 April 2006, 01:56 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Origin b2/Solo USB Update Cradle
The Origin b2 update cradle is a pyramid shaped desktop docking unit allowing connectivity between the Origin b2 and your computer via USB. The drivers for the device are downloadable from the members area at http://www.originb2.com (MS-Windows Operating Systems Only)

Old 21 April 2006, 03:59 PM
SiClarke
Scooby Regular

That looks like the cradle that comes with the B2!!

Anyway.............. Thanks for the help guys, phoned Origin. They are able to give 'Live Tech Support' and set up your PC to work as it should!! Its a really good system, much better than trying talk you through doing it yourself when you don't really know what your doing!!! (And I thought I knew a little bit about computers, but watching what they did was way over my head!!!)