Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prodrive geometry settings

does anyone have them for the sti8
cheers steve
Old 17 April 2006, 07:33 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Will scan my most recent set-up tomorrow and post on here. It's quite complex and was based on Prodrive's settings but improved upon by the guy who sets up Williams F1 chassis. On a recent track day this set-up saw my car acheive perfrctly even tyre wear when other peoples were doing this...

Old 17 April 2006, 09:11 PM
old boy
Scooby Newbie

Does anyone have the correct prodrive geometry set up figures for a My'99???
Old 18 April 2006, 06:37 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

As promised, settings applied to my MY03 WRX with AST coilovers and Whiteline rear adj. 22mm ARB with solid links. I cannot emphasise just how good it now performs, with astounding cornering grip. I am a very fast driver, especially on twisty challenging roads and this set-up has seen understeer completely removed, oversteer brought well into check (so much so that I find it difficult to provoke it now) and superb high speed stability. Tyre wear is completely even on all four corners. The pics I posted above were of the damage done to some friends cars at a recent trackday at Blyton, a circuit which is tight, twisty, narrow and has a very abrasive surface. The front N/S takes the bulk of the abuse with 2 tight righthand hairpins. My tyre was worn evenly across its whole width with no unexpected damage apart from the expected surface graining caused by the bad surface.

Hope you can make sense of this...

One thing to request is that when they set it up, you should be sat in the drivers seat. It is eye-opening just how much even a small amount of weight deflects the alignment, so the average driver at 80kg or so must be factored in.
Old 18 April 2006, 07:41 PM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
As promised, settings applied to my MY03 WRX with AST coilovers and Whiteline rear adj. 22mm ARB with solid links. I cannot emphasise just how good it now performs, with astounding cornering grip. I am a very fast driver, especially on twisty challenging roads and this set-up has seen understeer completely removed, oversteer brought well into check (so much so that I find it difficult to provoke it now) and superb high speed stability. Tyre wear is completely even on all four corners. The pics I posted above were of the damage done to some friends cars at a recent trackday at Blyton, a circuit which is tight, twisty, narrow and has a very abrasive surface. The front N/S takes the bulk of the abuse with 2 tight righthand hairpins. My tyre was worn evenly across its whole width with no unexpected damage apart from the expected surface graining caused by the bad surface.

Hope you can make sense of this...

One thing to request is that when they set it up, you should be sat in the drivers seat. It is eye-opening just how much even a small amount of weight deflects the alignment, so the average driver at 80kg or so must be factored in.
nice one however im struggling to read it dont suppose you can read it for us
cheers steve
Old 18 April 2006, 07:46 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

TBH I don't fully understand it myself, which is why I though it best to just post a scan rather than risk misinterpreting it. Print it off and show it to whoever's doing your geometry and they can probably understand it. All I know is that my car is on rails, and unlike many others with the Prodrive settings I have no uneven tyre wear.
Old 18 April 2006, 07:51 PM
my cossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
TBH I don't fully understand it myself, which is why I though it best to just post a scan rather than risk misinterpreting it. Print it off and show it to whoever's doing your geometry and they can probably understand it. All I know is that my car is on rails, and unlike many others with the Prodrive settings I have no uneven tyre wear.
cheers will do