Sponsored by:

Have we been labelled

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2006, 03:23 PM
GSUS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have we been labelled

Afternoon all, just wanted to share this story.

After spending an couple of hours yesterday afternoon cleaning my pride and joy (please see gallery 'Good Friday Spring Clean') i decided to go for a drive this morning. Whilst i was at it i'd pop in a see my sister and her kids who live some 60+ plus miles away..............sounds like a lovely drive and just what i needed.

Now i you ask, why would we be interested and why does the post subject read 'Have we been labelled?'

Well whilst coming off the A217 going towards Epsom in Burgh Heath i had an open bit of road that i thought i'd open up the throttle and enjoy the burble when out of nowhere a beaten up blue Fiat Punto came tearing up behind me. I thought nothing more about this until we required the next round about that has three lanes, of which two go to the right and starts into a dual carriage way.

I took the right hand lane, hit the carriage way and opened up again (love exiting the round abouts like that) anyway my new found buddy decided to take exceptional offence to my enjoyment. Whilst sitting at the next lights the Punto driver started making hand gestures and signalling for me to pull over?

Obviously not being stupid i decided to continue driving at which point a fair amount of traffic had built up..........you guessed it my Punto buddy decided to race in front of me and slam on his brakes and STOPS on a dual carriage, gets out of his car and wants me to do like wise

So i pull round him and continue, now thinking this guy is not all there and to honest a little concerned that A) this guys would drive like an idiot B) the fact that he got so upset about...........well i don't know what.

As you can imagine this continued for a while down the carriage way, with hime screaming ***** at me and all other pleasantries until he got bored with take and realised i wasn't going to get out of me car and fight him.

Now i know this guy will never read this because for and foremost i don't think he has the intelligence to read let alone use a PC. But i wanted to share this story with you and see if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this, was it jealousy, was it too many disco biscuits for his smaller then average brain to handle. I don't know, what i do know is after 8 months of happy Scooby ownership this has to be the lowest point i have ever experienced.

Young man, if you do by some miracle read this, can i please give you some advice..........

A) Try using something like Oxy 10, or whatever the latest spot product might be at the moment. That complexion really needs sorting.

B) If you were unbelievably upset with the fact that i have a rather nice car and you drive a beaten up old Punto, stop smoking the crack rocks, get a job and try achieve something in your life (to stand a better chance of getting that job, please see point A, i'm sure it'll help)

C) Be very careful who you pick a fight with and who you upset before you step out of your car.

Sorry for the rant and rave, but i do feel better now.

Regards
Old 15 April 2006, 03:26 PM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

i have also had this dude
all the other cars on the road, they seem to be attracted to subarus . but obviously other cars aswell

Last edited by davidpa; 15 April 2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 15 April 2006, 03:27 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Id have knocked the **** out of him if it was down a private road.
Old 15 April 2006, 03:30 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

, i'd guess jealousy, i've had a few nutters try and prove they're a man while i've been driving my scoob, more oftern and not 3 series drivers . When they swear and gesture i just crank the revs up and drown out their irrational trash talk
Old 15 April 2006, 03:31 PM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Id have knocked the **** out of him if it was down a private road.
most definately i havnt got the longest fuse in the world. and i would have taught him about respect, in a nice polite and calm manner
Old 15 April 2006, 03:32 PM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

just ignore them . dont rise to it
Old 15 April 2006, 03:33 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have fooked him up, however these days i guess you dont know if these arseholes are tooled up or not
Old 15 April 2006, 03:36 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Nothing to do with you being in a Scooby though. I've had it happen to me as I drove a Suzuki Alto.

My mate had someone take offence to his Evo in a Tesco carpark and wanted to start a fight. Another friend who has a 911 gets challenged quite often.

There are just certain brain damaged people who are like that
Old 15 April 2006, 03:38 PM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Should have fooked him up, however these days i guess you dont know if these arseholes are tooled up or not
thats the trouble. they think they are really tuff when they've got a tool. infact they are a little boy in a mans world. and always trying to prove they are something they are obviously not. never will be
Old 15 April 2006, 03:43 PM
GSUS
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the support guys, and i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one.

Was just about to check the back of my car and see if i have a bumper sticker that reads 'Come 'n' ave a go if you think your hard enough'.
Old 15 April 2006, 03:44 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

depressingly common I'm afraid mate.

People don't seem to be able to comprehend that you might not actually want to race their ****ty old ford onion.

Ashamed to say that last person that went really over the top (like your experience) almost had his head kicked in by a very irate Subaru driver who was just on his way home in peace until someone tried to be a hero.
Old 15 April 2006, 03:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Im normally a laid back person but when I get mad in my car I can tatally change and into a bit of a psycho . Had some tit start mouthing off at me after an altercation coming out of the train station a couple of years ago and if it wasnt for the fact that i was trying to get out of the car with my seatbelt on he would have had a right pasting, the look of fear on his face was priceless as he made a quick exit
Old 15 April 2006, 03:52 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I drive along the A217 every day so i'll be looking out for this nutter

I was driving down the A21 yesterday and i went past a calibre on a dual carriage way and when we got to the single lane bit he decided to stick about an inch from my back bumper
Old 15 April 2006, 03:52 PM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

You are better not to confront this kind of idiot especially if you have done nothing wrong, by not pulling over gave this idiot some confidence.
I feel ashamed to say that i once circumed to this provokation once after being stopped by some similar idiot and he got out.He marched over to my car but i got out before he got to me, so we met nose to nose, asked him if he wanted some? He declined for some reason and he retreated back to his car and girlfriend looking a t wat.
It could have been a different story as there are some idiots that carry a knife or similar.I guess if you are honest you feel like a coward for not stepping out to confront him? I guess this is just life...........some people will give you the 'thumbs up' for having a nice car, others want to fight you!!
Old 15 April 2006, 04:04 PM
GSUS
Scooby Regular

Like some of you guys say, these nutters sometimes carry tools. Screwdrivers, blades, stanley knife, the list goes on.

Now i love my car and i'll protect it as much as i can but i'm not gonna end up in a hospital over it.

If this random attack had happened on the street and was a personal attack at me then this guy would being thanking the doctors and the staff in the intensive care unit of Kingston hospital for saving his life.
Old 15 April 2006, 04:05 PM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

true gsus
Old 15 April 2006, 04:05 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

So many heroes.
Old 15 April 2006, 04:42 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only happened to me once when in my old classic 911 on a very busy road in Perry Barr, Birmingham. Just rolling along in the traffic looking for a tyre place I was going to. He drove right in front forcing me to stop.
He got out of his car screaming 'i hate your car' (not me!) repeatedly.
His girlfriend got out too and took my car's number plate down.

They got back in and raced off mouthing and gesticulating all the time...

What do you do. Get out and kick him in the ***** (twice) but what do you do with her as she rushes at you??

Standard of life, respect and common decency is slipping away day by day, but you don't have to join them!

Graham
(never yet happened in my Scooby)
Old 15 April 2006, 05:20 PM
chrisola
Scooby Regular

i would NEVER ever get out of my car to a road rager. i dont really get angry... but after seeing a drama on BBC1 where some guy got out and the other guy stabbed him about 12 times with a screwdriver (and then drove off and was never caught!) its just not worth it.

Id go as far as ramming into the car that was blocking me over getting out and being slashed\killed\beaten by a thug with a weapon!
Old 15 April 2006, 05:27 PM
white
Scooby Regular

This is real shame when this happens IMO.

There are some people out there who seem to take real offence to the fact that you have a nice car and are obviously doing well for yourself.

I had my first car at 19 and it was a brand new 2 litre Focus. It was in white and was a real stunner. The guy who lived at the end of the street I was living in at the time had known me all my life and been decent with me up until the day I had this car.

When he saw it for the first time he screwed his face right up and asked some real irate, obnoxious questions about the fact that at 19 years of age how did my financial situation allow me to buy this car, since he was a fully qualified guy who had a second hand Focus at the time.

After I got rid of that I bought an ST170 which upset him even more. Didn't keep that for long as it was pants and bought my first CTR not long after.

Once he saw me in that he would igore me from time to time when we passed each other in our cars and I would make the effort to wave to him.

When my STI arrives I think he is literally gonna choke on the fact that at 23 how am I driving a car of his nature.

Thankfully I have now moved away from that area and only see him when I have to pass through.

It seems that unfortunately in your case this guy literally saw red to the fact that you had a nice car and burnt him off after exiting the roundabout, reminding him how ****e his car really is.

Don't let it get you down though mate. Hold your head up high and feel proud of the fact that you are doing well enough in life to be able to afford such nice things.
Old 15 April 2006, 05:29 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Maybe subaru should start selling stab proof vests as an option for the impreza
Old 15 April 2006, 05:32 PM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

also with stun-guns
Old 15 April 2006, 05:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

You did the right thing by not getting out. God knows how far people like this would go. You give him a pasting, then he gets some mate to really hurt you. Just not worth it. If it had been me, I'd have used the best tool available. i.e. the car. Put my foot down and left the sad to55er to brag to all his mate what a hard man he is.
Old 15 April 2006, 05:35 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Thats why it's Punto spelt with a 'C' not a 'P' .
Old 15 April 2006, 05:36 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

And for the ladies who find that the stun guns are too heavy for theyre feminine arms they will have pepper spray.
Old 15 April 2006, 05:39 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Already got a bullet proof vest....never thought of wearing it for a trip to Tescos though
Old 15 April 2006, 05:39 PM
island991
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anger
I drive along the A217 every day so i'll be looking out for this nutter

I was driving down the A21 yesterday and i went past a calibre on a dual carriage way and when we got to the single lane bit he decided to stick about an inch from my back bumper
Headlight washers.......
Old 15 April 2006, 05:40 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

I wear mine to Tescos, ever since that bloke chased me round the car park - on foot pushing trolleys at me, and told the police it was cos he had had a row with the wife and saw a blonde in a scoob and flipped with jealousy !!!
Old 15 April 2006, 05:42 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Some messed up people out there. It most be a scary worl sometimes being a female.
Old 15 April 2006, 05:49 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Now I could be inviting trouble. Even for obeying the law. I use my Subaru at the moment to travel to and from work whilst I sort out a new car.

I keep to the speed limit but it seems that people are content to sit right up my bumper as they think I'm either a boy racer or seem to think as I am driving a fast car it needs to be driven quickly. This ranges from buses (YES!), vans / lorries right to super mini's)

I get very impatient at times and feel compelled to get out and have a go at them. I never speed off I adopt the attitude of if you want to speed then tough!

I've been away on Holiday for two weeks but it seems that there are alot of negative stories on here at the moment. Chin up everyone.

Esh

Quick Reply: Have we been labelled