Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fed up with the bitching on here???

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2006, 06:15 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Fed up with the bitching on here???

Then try www.sidc.co.uk

Go on there and have a read of some of the posts.
Like-minded people who actually enjoy Subaru's, and are willing to give advice to any technical propblems you may have.

(Please for the sake of that site only join up it you are an enthusiast (sp) and have in interest in the cars, and have respect for other people)
Old 14 April 2006, 06:17 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
T(Please for the sake of that site only join up it you are an enthusiast (sp) and have in interest in the cars, and have respect for other people)
Phew...good job I already joined
Old 14 April 2006, 06:43 PM
New_scooby_04

Then try www.sidc.co.uk

Go on there and have a read of some of the posts.
Like-minded people who actually enjoy Subaru's, and are willing to give advice to any technical propblems you may have.

(Please for the sake of that site only join up it you are an enthusiast (sp) and have in interest in the cars, and have respect for other people)
Even better Gary, try P1woc. Very nice bunch over there!

You just have to take SN with a bit more of a pinch of salt and be prepared to get stuck in!

I do like the banter on here though and am very fond of the site; there are always bad apples in every community

All the best,

Paul
Old 14 April 2006, 06:46 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

Sounds good I am going over to give it a try!
Old 14 April 2006, 06:52 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Don't let the bullsh*tters on here put you off. Ignore their posts/threads and read the sensible stuff. There's a lot of genuine good advice on here. SIDC is a great site too.
Old 14 April 2006, 06:54 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Even better Gary, try P1woc. Very nice bunch over there!

You just have to take SN with a bit more of a pinch of salt and be prepared to get stuck in!

I do like the banter on here though and am very fond of the site; there are always bad apples in every community

All the best,

Paul
Hi mate

Am a member there to, thats where i eventually found my new exhaust!!!

Agree about the banter, always good for a laugh. Just seems a few people on here are just plain rude, rather than amusing. Doesn't really bother me, just sometimes feel sorry for the newbies who aren't expecting it.

Gary
Old 14 April 2006, 08:27 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

totally agree mate.
have been on this site for a while, and whilst it is a daily read,before i used to trawl through all the various sections looking for threads that i could contribute to (hey its why you are part of the community in the first place yes?) and although i do not know as much about scoobs as some people, i tried to contribute to threads and sections as best as i could. mostly it would be on threads that i had some prior knowledge or first hand experience. Then there were the threads that were just fun to add to, not for content or factual contributions, but rather if i had an opinion ..especially NSR and the like.
Lastly the banter has always been great on here, sometimes it gets out of hand, but that is what the mods are here for, love em or hate em

BUT...now...well its just changed as far as i am concerned and not for the better. Its a real shame as threads on the subject of..scoobs are **** and the like are just pointless IMHO, as the name of the community should mean that and nothing else. Granted there are tons of sections, covering a broad spectrum of life and stuff we do, but its just a tad depressing when you get threads like that.

I would expect threads like that on scoobkillers or other non-scoob forums, but not here for gawd sake...give it a rest. Think about it, if you were new and had just bought a scoob and came on here for your first bit of advice, or to post a picture of your recent purchase etc, wouldnt it be bloody depressing if the first page of subaru general was filled with anti-scoob threads or depressing pointless threads that we seemed to have accumulated over the last few months. and as for unhelpful remarks and snide comments on threads when someone is genuinely asking for some advice, is just anti-productive and not in the spirit of the community.

I mean there is a fine line between friendly banter, taking the mickey, gentle ribbing etc and actual blatant hostility and unhelpful remarks.
Yes, i understand that we have a broad spectrum of people on here, of very varying ages, but some people just come on here to cause unrest and grief.
I, for one, have never added anyone to an ignore list, cos i believe that ignoring someone is something that we can all do, if you so wish, using your own judgement and not using the aid of the control panel.
I disagree with the whole ignore setting anyway, why should we need it in the first place, dosent it go against the whole idea of a "community" ?

anyway, the point i was trying to make (and probably waffling a lot ), was that , as an example of how i view sn these days, is to log on, click on todays posts, see what is relevant, respond to or add new threads that i feel warrant my time and then do other stuff, far less involvement than before and for me, that is a shame and an indication on how sn has changed.

I, am also, a member of other sites and contribute to them as well (not as much as here i guess) and it is quite remarkable how much the overall tone of posts differs from here.

But hey, just my 2 pennys worth, agree or disagree, i dont care either way. I will still contribute, but just wanted to point out how i feel SN has changed.

Swiss
Old 14 April 2006, 08:32 PM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

ive noticed the change also.

Do you think its the sign of the times?

I must confess, I did go abit mad today on here. Put my hands up and say sorry.

Originally Posted by SwissTony
totally agree mate.
have been on this site for a while, and whilst it is a daily read,before i used to trawl through all the various sections looking for threads that i could contribute to (hey its why you are part of the community in the first place yes?) and although i do not know as much about scoobs as some people, i tried to contribute to threads and sections as best as i could. mostly it would be on threads that i had some prior knowledge or first hand experience. Then there were the threads that were just fun to add to, not for content or factual contributions, but rather if i had an opinion ..especially NSR and the like.
Lastly the banter has always been great on here, sometimes it gets out of hand, but that is what the mods are here for, love em or hate em

BUT...now...well its just changed as far as i am concerned and not for the better. Its a real shame as threads on the subject of..scoobs are **** and the like are just pointless IMHO, as the name of the community should mean that and nothing else. Granted there are tons of sections, covering a broad spectrum of life and stuff we do, but its just a tad depressing when you get threads like that.

I would expect threads like that on scoobkillers or other non-scoob forums, but not here for gawd sake...give it a rest. Think about it, if you were new and had just bought a scoob and came on here for your first bit of advice, or to post a picture of your recent purchase etc, wouldnt it be bloody depressing if the first page of subaru general was filled with anti-scoob threads or depressing pointless threads that we seemed to have accumulated over the last few months. and as for unhelpful remarks and snide comments on threads when someone is genuinely asking for some advice, is just anti-productive and not in the spirit of the community.

I mean there is a fine line between friendly banter, taking the mickey, gentle ribbing etc and actual blatant hostility and unhelpful remarks.
Yes, i understand that we have a broad spectrum of people on here, of very varying ages, but some people just come on here to cause unrest and grief.
I, for one, have never added anyone to an ignore list, cos i believe that ignoring someone is something that we can all do, if you so wish, using your own judgement and not using the aid of the control panel.
I disagree with the whole ignore setting anyway, why should we need it in the first place, dosent it go against the whole idea of a "community" ?

anyway, the point i was trying to make (and probably waffling a lot ), was that , as an example of how i view sn these days, is to log on, click on todays posts, see what is relevant, respond to or add new threads that i feel warrant my time and then do other stuff, far less involvement than before and for me, that is a shame and an indication on how sn has changed.

I, am also, a member of other sites and contribute to them as well (not as much as here i guess) and it is quite remarkable how much the overall tone of posts differs from here.

But hey, just my 2 pennys worth, agree or disagree, i dont care either way. I will still contribute, but just wanted to point out how i feel SN has changed.

Swiss
Old 14 April 2006, 08:33 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'm a member also

Just need to coherse Phil into creating a muppets forum
Old 14 April 2006, 08:40 PM
MrReee
Scooby Regular

Old 14 April 2006, 08:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I am needed on the 'other' site??

Pete
Old 14 April 2006, 09:03 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by pslewis
Looks like I am needed on the 'other' site??

Pete
Are you mentally ill?
Old 14 April 2006, 09:36 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

I've been popping in here a couple of years now - and still the same old posts about it going to the dogs, bitching and not what 'it used to be'

It is what it is - if it wasn't then it wouldn't be... or something....

Come on lighten up - no one really wants a site that is just technical mumbo jumbo do they? It's fun and funny. Plus there are other sections - the technical sections do tend to be a lot more on topic and informative, the 'General' is just that.

I bet the person who runs this site loves seeing all the negative comments, if you lot get your way maybe one day he'll say sod it and pull the plug - is that really what you want? Could you do any better? Probably not...
Old 14 April 2006, 09:46 PM
graeme.
Scooby Regular

I've had a look at the SIDC site a few times and always come away frustrated.

I just can't read the stuff on there, the fonts are too small and a crap colour. Don't know if it's just my 14 incher that's the problem (monitor !!).

Regards,
Graeme.
Old 14 April 2006, 09:58 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BedHog
I've been popping in here a couple of years now - and still the same old posts about it going to the dogs, bitching and not what 'it used to be'

It is what it is - if it wasn't then it wouldn't be... or something....

Come on lighten up - no one really wants a site that is just technical mumbo jumbo do they? It's fun and funny. Plus there are other sections - the technical sections do tend to be a lot more on topic and informative, the 'General' is just that.

I bet the person who runs this site loves seeing all the negative comments, if you lot get your way maybe one day he'll say sod it and pull the plug - is that really what you want? Could you do any better? Probably not...

I feel compelled to post just on the basis of your wonderfully philosophical second sentence! This is what Snet is all about fun and frolics. Cheers for the chuckles mate.
Old 14 April 2006, 10:02 PM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

yes. that me chuckle also lol

Originally Posted by banny sti
I feel compelled to post just on the basis of your wonderfully philosophical second sentence! This is what Snet is all about fun and frolics. Cheers for the chuckles mate.
Old 14 April 2006, 10:02 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

there is another

http://www.subaru-impreza.org
Old 15 April 2006, 12:23 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

Agree about the banter, always good for a laugh. Just seems a few people on here are just plain rude, rather than amusing. Doesn't really bother me, just sometimes feel sorry for the newbies who aren't expecting it.

Gary
My sentiments exactly, nothing wrong with a bit of good banter, but there is no need for the rudeness to new members.

Robin.
Old 15 April 2006, 12:24 AM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

i wasnt rude to new members
Old 15 April 2006, 12:32 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This forum is still the daddy although there does seem a lot of hostility towards newbies and people asking for help these days.
Old 15 April 2006, 12:38 AM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

its the daddy all right lol
Old 15 April 2006, 12:39 AM
stressymare
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
This forum is still the daddy although there does seem a lot of hostility towards newbies and people asking for help these days.
i agree
Old 15 April 2006, 12:40 AM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

im still waiting for the heavyweights to gome back after easter lol
Old 15 April 2006, 12:51 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by davidpa
im still waiting for the heavyweights to gome back after easter lol

Who do you consider heavyweights?
Old 15 April 2006, 12:52 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

lewis, tyson, all the old faves.
davidpa
Scooby Regular

i think you know what i mean surely
davidpa
Scooby Regular

me. im abit of a heavyweight lol
but im 6ft tall to make up for it lol
Old 15 April 2006, 12:59 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by robsw
lewis, tyson, all the old faves.

walked right in to that barsteward davidpa wether you have made 1 post or 60000 posts mate you should not feel intimidated by other people on here 90% of the oldies on here are still glad to post helpfull replies and to the rest
Old 15 April 2006, 01:01 AM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
walked right in to that barsteward davidpa wether you have made 1 post or 60000 posts mate you should not feel intimidated by other people on here 90% of the oldies on here are still glad to post helpfull replies and to the rest
spot on
Old 15 April 2006, 01:07 AM
davidpa
Scooby Regular

respect to you two lol
nice to see some sensible people on here lol

Quick Reply: Fed up with the bitching on here???