Sponsored by:

The Camras Love Me!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2006, 12:20 PM
Rjames
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Camras Love Me!!

Just been done again for speeding, B*^$TARD$!!!!34 IN A 30 Only thing is i have been put on a Speed Awareness Scheme???? Wat the hell is that???

Can any of you other speedy drives tell us more about this?
Old 13 April 2006, 12:22 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

34?? Me thinks your telling porkies Normally you have to be doing 36 to get done and go on the Awareness scheme..

Basically you pay £70 to learn about speed limits.. Its a good course and MUCH better than the other option.
Old 13 April 2006, 12:26 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

you will sit in a small group with people who have the same problems. you will discuss your life, ask what problems youve had to make u fall to this level.
you will discuss ways of getting out the habit. it will be difficult but u will pull thru.

hope this helps, just remember youe not on your own.
Old 13 April 2006, 01:20 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

When I read the title I thought you were friends with some real ale drinkers
Old 13 April 2006, 01:44 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Not only £70 but a day off work as well Gives other tips about bad driving as well as covering speeding. You do have an assessment, and if you fail you pick up the points, so best behaviour required. Arguments like "I always drive everywhere at 80 and have never had an accident" don't go down too well.

You could swat up on accident statistics to spice up the day and ask questions like "What exactly is the evidence that speed in itself, with no other factors, kills?"

Disclaimer: I heard the above from a colleague who had to attend such a course, not first hand experience.
Old 13 April 2006, 03:31 PM
Rjames
Scooby Newbie

Nope!!! 34 in a 30, no lie!! Gutted!! Dont tell porkies, may bend the truth to the boss once in a while. And it gets worse i have a road angel which never f£$%ing worked!! OOOOooohh well life goes on.
Old 13 April 2006, 03:44 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

i was thinking the other day that if i got pinged doing 3 or 4 mph over the limit id go to court and argue that i was watching the road not the speedo...surely to creep a few notches over the limit is different to flying past a camera blatently breaking the limit isnt it...?
Old 13 April 2006, 04:03 PM
homerjay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brihoppy
i was thinking the other day that if i got pinged doing 3 or 4 mph over the limit id go to court and argue that i was watching the road not the speedo...surely to creep a few notches over the limit is different to flying past a camera blatently breaking the limit isnt it...?
especially if the camera was on a hill...
Old 13 April 2006, 04:08 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You can be prosecuted for travelling at 31mph though, whether you should be or not..... The ACPO's 10% +2mph recommendation is just that, a recommendation and some scamera partnerships choose to disregard it in the interests of safety (and not ramping up their incomes!).

Simon
Old 13 April 2006, 04:23 PM
Banana HavoK
Scooby Newbie

i did the course and it was brilliant!
Old 13 April 2006, 04:29 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Just drive like a complete muppet first drive and then improve slighty each time and you will pass !
Oh and dont argue with the "Driving Instructor" how ever full of s**t they are - been there done that, did make passing slightly harder !
Richard
Old 13 April 2006, 04:45 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

The reason I said about 34 is generally the SAS scheme nabs people at 36mph+ if your doing 36 you go on the scheme, up to 40 you get 3 points, then its 6 points then at another step you loose your license or you take the extended course.

The standard driver awareness scheme involves NO driving, you only have to drive if you are sent on the extended course for exceeding the limit severely, in that case you would be getting points AND you go on the course, if you fail the course (it includes eye sight tests etc) you loose your license if you don't attend you loose your license.

If its a SAS course then the standard course is very good and you will learn a lot of things about "the road" you dont know! My advice is go there feeling like your getting off lightly and dont feel bitter towards the person leading the course has he or she generally has nothing to do with the police.
Old 13 April 2006, 05:10 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

sod going on an SAS course, ive seen those adverts. Not having my head stuck under water by some nut with a gun
Old 13 April 2006, 05:16 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

34 an a 30 . .Son of Satan . .! . .How dare you!

WTF is wrong with them . .Why is harrasing the motorist so important!>> . .Mate . . .Just got my license from Southend Maginstrates back today . . .sp20 . . .60 quid lighter and three points heavier so I do fully empathise!
Old 13 April 2006, 06:11 PM
Crippo
Scooby Newbie

Peopel will vote for these left wing loonies

We get the society we desrve, people arent used to being responsible for their own actions they are always looking for someone to blame and this breeds the kind of society where safety is first over everything. I mean its a logical enough arguement but the point is where does it end. I totally do not agree that speed kills, I absolutely refuse to accept that 33 is any worse than 30. So to be doing people for these kinds of infringements is going to lead to a rift opening up between the civial masses (us) and those that are tasked withlooking after us (Police / Governemnt). Nobody has ever voted on wether we want to have CCTVs all over the place, wether we want ID cards and wether we need Speed cameras and other such monitoring devices watching our every move. The UK is the most CCTV dependant country in the world and I think it stinks!!!!
By the way wait until they put tracking systems in your car which will charge you per mile as well as monitoring your speed. Just see if they ask your permission to do that.
Old 13 April 2006, 06:48 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Crippo
. I totally do not agree that speed kills,.
You'ed like the course then.. They also agree! They say inattention kills.. and it just so happends generally if you get "caught" speeding you wernt paying attention
Old 13 April 2006, 07:07 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Crippo
People will vote for these left wing loonies
By the way wait until they put tracking systems in your car which will charge you per mile as well as monitoring your speed. Just see if they ask your permission to do that.
The day that happens , is the day I emmigrate . . Any suggestions where?????