Sponsored by:

who's liability is it ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2006, 07:36 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's liability is it ?

On monday i thought i heard a rattling noise coming from inside the cambelt casing,the noise was present on startup for about ten minutes then would die away.
so i took the sti into my local dealership for the guy's to check it out,they kept it overnight to have a listen first thing on start up.
Anyway,when started the noise returned as descibed,the service manager seems to think either the cam belt tensioner or guider's have gone south

The dealership wants £90 plus vat to strip the cambelt jobbie down to unearth the problem,and then obviously price of part/parts to sort

However,the car has done 52000 miles,and the cambelt was changed two months ago,so should this problem been spotted then?

Surely if the tensioner is at fault,there would have been sign's when service change done on the car

posibility of cam guider,same as before,would this not have been spotted when cambelt changed ?

My real gripe is when the service was carried out the sti was still under warranty,but now it is two months gone,and i am facing a possibly heavy bill for what i believe is a problem that may or maynot have been caused or should have been spotted when the car was serviced the short while back

The other issue i have is that my car has been in the dealer since monday with this "rattle" it will not be stripped until friday and if parts required,it wont be ready until wednesday next week,and to top it all off,they wont even give me a bloody courtesy car

so where do i stand guy's