Sponsored by:

Questions for 06 STI owners

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2006, 09:22 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for 06 STI owners

I am just about to purchase but would appreciate any opinions/answers to the following questions.

1. What are comfort levels like? Is it a car that you could easily do a 800 mile stint in for example (as I often drive to Europe.)

2. At normal cruise speed 70-90mph can you have a normal conversation or listen to the stereo without too much road/engine noise.

3. Is it OK to drive at city speeds or does it feel slow until the turbo kicks in.

4. If you have had 18" wheels fitted or the Prodrive suspension does this improve the ride and handling a lot. Or is the standard suspension OK to start with.
Old 03 April 2006, 10:18 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
1. What are comfort levels like? Is it a car that you could easily do a 800 mile stint in for example (as I often drive to Europe.)
- done 500 in a day before in it and no problems for me

2. At normal cruise speed 70-90mph can you have a normal conversation or listen to the stereo without too much road/engine noise.
- absolutely with standard exhaust and backbox - you should change them though cos they are too quiet

3. Is it OK to drive at city speeds or does it feel slow until the turbo kicks in.
- turbo starts winding up from 2000 upwards so dont really even notice it "kicking in" - just solid power right through the range

4. If you have had 18" wheels fitted or the Prodrive suspension does this improve the ride and handling a lot. Or is the standard suspension OK to start with.
- had prodrive springs put on at dealer IMO they really improve the ride, handling and looks of the car. Standard is okay though but depends on what sort of driving you do, from the long distances I would say stick with standard.

hope that helps - all in all a great car in my view