Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2006, 05:22 PM
chizzy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Hi

Just thought i'd introduce myself,

I'm currently looking for an 06 WRX, after owning a 182 a want something a little bigger and turbo charged.....

I'm proberly going to go for an EU import. I wasn't sure at first but 5K is too much of a difference.

I've used the search, but i've found so many contrasting opinions on EU waranties, so if anyone can clear up the situation for me i'd be exremely grateful.

Many thanks

Dan
Old 03 April 2006, 05:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

welcome to the mad house, if you can stretch to it go for an sti, whole different ball game.
Old 03 April 2006, 07:01 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Can't help with your question, but I'm sure others can.

Good luck finding the one your after
Old 03 April 2006, 07:57 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Any EU import should come with a 3 yr warranty and service booklet from the originating dealer eg Cyprus or Malta or whatever European country. Your warranty is with the originating dealer but Subaru UK and other European dealers are obliged to honour the warranty as per the warranty terms - they have to clear any warranty work with the originating dealer and carry out the work and charge the originating dealer - this is the way that Subaru's European warranties operate. So the key thing is to make sure that your preferred supplier of EU import guarantees that they will obtain the 3yr warranty from their originating dealer on your behalf and that they will supply you with the 3 yr warranty and service booklet.

Tim.
Old 03 April 2006, 09:04 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Hello.
Just to throw a spanner in the works.....If i was you i would go for an STi if poss. If like me and a lot of others you will want an STi after buying your wrx. My wrx lasted 11 months.

Regarding warranty issues its supposed to be all cleared up but i can do without the possible hasstles.

Originally Posted by chizzy
Hi

Just thought i'd introduce myself,

I'm currently looking for an 06 WRX, after owning a 182 a want something a little bigger and turbo charged.....

I'm proberly going to go for an EU import. I wasn't sure at first but 5K is too much of a difference.

I've used the search, but i've found so many contrasting opinions on EU waranties, so if anyone can clear up the situation for me i'd be exremely grateful.

Many thanks

Dan