ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Why are so many threads getting locked?

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2001, 03:34 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I am seeing lots of threads getting locked by webmaster. Why is this happening? I guess that these are getting updated or posted to within inappropriate content? Please enlighten me.
Old 22 October 2001, 03:42 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Most of the threads are locked in this section (General) as the content would be more appropriate for another section (eg Drivetrain, Misc, Muppet etc) making it easier to find information on the correct subject than having scattered everywhere
Old 22 October 2001, 04:49 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Brooks,

The structure of the BBS is there in such a way, so people can find what they want quickly. If we condone posts to be made in here and then moved, it causes work for the moderators and confusion for the users.

It may seem that this forum has been hit hard of late, but this has been done to try and "Re-educate" the members (even though nothing has been moved, that was legit). As you may appreciate, a nice indexed filing cabinet is easier to find information than a folder with everything stuck in.

Once people are in the habit of using each forum as it is intended, I think the issue will disappear.

99.9% of threads that have a lock next to them are actually only being moved to the appropriate forum, not being locked for good.

Regards,
Shaun

P.S. It's not just the Webmaster who is "Cleaning up the forums"....that's also a task for the forum moderators!

Old 22 October 2001, 04:51 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Angry

As above, but we've also had a large increase in morons over the last few weeks. Unfortunate, but they do seem to descend upon the BBS in waves now and again.
Old 22 October 2001, 04:58 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Cool

Josh L,
The moderators have actively discussed this issue! And believe me, we are keeping our little beady eyes peeled!

In the meantime, if anybody does spot a post by anybody that they think is say "strange" , then please use the Notify Moderator Button at the top of the offending thread. Just incase we have missed something we should of.......not that this would ever happen of course.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 22 October 2001, 05:54 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

David