Sponsored by:

Part 2 of car wars bbc1 9pm

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2006, 05:47 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part 2 of car wars bbc1 9pm

Tonight, the long awaited part 2 of 3, from the Manchester Elite Tactical Vehicle Crime Unit. You'll remember in part 1, how we saw scoobys getting beaten in a chase with a *** stealing evo, and the police backing off when a chase got too dangerous through roadworks on the motorway. Turns out I used to work with one of the chaps in the police cars, who I've since been in touch with

Well worth a watch.

chris.
Old 29 March 2006, 06:40 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still say they should have STi PPP's to give themselves a chance
Old 29 March 2006, 07:11 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
Still say they should have STi PPP's to give themselves a chance
now you are being silly.

i suggest the wrc 350 conversion
Old 29 March 2006, 07:13 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

That would mean missing 'Taggart'.
Old 29 March 2006, 07:14 PM
Greatnorth
Scooby Regular

should be a decent programme
Old 29 March 2006, 07:19 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Yeah, Taggart was pretty good last week, so I am hoping for a good episode tonight as well - advertised on the radio today!!!
Old 29 March 2006, 08:03 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

hmm...9:05.....DOH!

Trending Topics

Old 29 March 2006, 09:23 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

lol why were they helping the guy who smashed the car, i would have left him alone and helpd the guy who he hit!
Old 29 March 2006, 09:41 PM
SCD Simon
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by automodellistagt
lol why were they helping the guy who smashed the car, i would have left him alone and helpd the guy who he hit!
I agree totally
It was feckin dark by the time they got the guy he'd hit out his car
Old 30 March 2006, 04:05 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Obviously needed more attention than the guy who hit him. Fire crew actually cut his car to get him out, so not going to help his condition if the police step in and pull him out.
Never ceases to amaze me the light sentences these car criminals get when caught, time and time again. Surely there's some sort of physical punishment that could be done to repeat offenders, loss of one leg, arm maybe?
Total scum the lot of em, and good luck to the poor police who have to pick up the courts liberal policies on sentencing.
Old 30 March 2006, 04:33 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

The guy you are talking about only got done for not having insurance! So was it really worth a police persuit in the first place?
Old 30 March 2006, 06:10 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The police didn't know that at the time of the pursuit. If someone takes off at high speed on seeing a police car, it could be anything from a nervous teenager who hasn't actually done anything wrong to armed burglars making a getaway. Only way to find out is to stop them.

M
Old 30 March 2006, 06:22 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i liked it when he broke down like a baby blubbering away, im sorry, so sorry, blubba blubba, aint so tough now, is he !!!
Old 30 March 2006, 02:55 PM
robsw
Scooby Regular

I thought that, if a chase was too dangerous to the public, it should not continue, the police are meant to let the nutter go. They did say the incident was still under investigation.
I didn't think the high speed police chase 'test', at the end of the program, was too clever either on public roads. Very scarey.
Old 30 March 2006, 04:22 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Bu**er missed it

Anyone know if this is going to be repeated ???
Old 30 March 2006, 04:50 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robsw
I thought that, if a chase was too dangerous to the public, it should not continue, the police are meant to let the nutter go. They did say the incident was still under investigation.
I didn't think the high speed police chase 'test', at the end of the program, was too clever either on public roads. Very scarey.
How are the police going to pratice their skills on a track ?
All the Police chase tests are done on quite roads (mostly rural roads ) but under very strict conditions and supervision. (A lot stricter than normal everyday driving !)
Chase car and target car are in communication with others and can abort the test at any time if they feel a member of public is in danger and yes there will members of public doing stupid things but as this is all part of the test to see how they interact with other road users.

Richard
Old 30 March 2006, 07:09 PM
robsw
Scooby Regular

I think a track or roads closed to the public would be much more appropriate for police training. The public should not be endangered for training purposes ever. I think that our roads are too dangerous for American style car chases anyway.

Of course criminals have to be caught, but it should never be at the expense of the innocent public. Especially if the crime committed hasn't endangered life before the police chase, only loss to a company out of hours for example.

Just my opinion anyway!
Old 30 March 2006, 07:11 PM
Ste_TYPE-R
Scooby Regular

The mock police chase was interesting, particularly if the guy in the jag he went to overtake didnt ease off to let the copper in. It would've been a head on and certainly fatal.

Agreed, they do need to do these mock chases but WTF arent they in cars which have all the livery with blues and twos? Atleast then when you come up behind a jag he slows down and pulls over to let you by instead of you passing and scraping through narrowly avoiding a headon!

Then theres the guy in the saab at the end of the program, they said he had 20 convictions of ram raiding in the past ... so wtf isnt he in prison? O yes i know why, the labour goverment/CPS is more interested in handing out leniant sentences in the hope of rehabilitating the crims ... leopards dont usually change their spots. Stick them in prison, longer sentenances, no luxuries/tv/phones NOTHING AT ALL and work them HARD! DONT PAY THEM EITHER. For christ sake, being paid in prison ... erm yer thats real punishment that! O year bring back the death penalty too. DNA and the like technologies have advanced soo much in the last 20 years that getting the wrong guy isnt as likely as before.

This is why we live in a country that in some areas is rife with crime, we have a weak goverment who are more concerned with whats happening over the pond. Its about time they started concentrating on there own backyard and getting that all sorted. /rant
Old 30 March 2006, 07:26 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

That program was just proof that traffic police take there job as a "Jolly", a legal excuse to drive like *****.....
I bet in the states they dont "Practice" their high speed pursuits like that, it's all done off public roads,,,, also the **** with no insurance would almost certainly have been dragged out of his car and beaten or shot, rightly or wrongly there would be a lot more ********* who would have second thoughts about stealing cars or not stopping for the police, This country has gone to ****.... and the police are to blame........
Go beat up a granny and steal her pension,If (and i mean if!) you get caught you get to paint someones fence for two days(with no fine).... steal a car get to paint a fence for one day......(with no fine)
If you are a law abiding motorist and just stray over the speed limit, it is at least £60 and 3 points, which your insurance charge you £40 more for......
Thats £100 for doing nothing!
Maybe we should stop paying insurance, road tax and mot's and just go and nick a motor when we need one!, i'm sure a saturdays work every 3 or 4 months will work out cheaper than insurance tax mot's etc....
JUST MY HUBLE THOUGHTS
Old 30 March 2006, 07:34 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N*UFO
That program was just proof that traffic police take there job as a "Jolly", a legal excuse to drive like *****.....
I bet in the states they dont "Practice" their high speed pursuits like that, it's all done off public roads,,,, also the **** with no insurance would almost certainly have been dragged out of his car and beaten or shot, rightly or wrongly there would be a lot more ********* who would have second thoughts about stealing cars or not stopping for the police, This country has gone to ****.... and the police are to blame........
Go beat up a granny and steal her pension,If (and i mean if!) you get caught you get to paint someones fence for two days(with no fine).... steal a car get to paint a fence for one day......(with no fine)
If you are a law abiding motorist and just stray over the speed limit, it is at least £60 and 3 points, which your insurance charge you £40 more for......
Thats £100 for doing nothing!
Maybe we should stop paying insurance, road tax and mot's and just go and nick a motor when we need one!, i'm sure a saturdays work every 3 or 4 months will work out cheaper than insurance tax mot's etc....
JUST MY HUBLE THOUGHTS
Exactly. Spot on.
Old 30 March 2006, 07:36 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Agreed, they do need to do these mock chases but WTF arent they in cars which have all the livery with blues and twos?
simply because if your driving a car with stripes. blues and two etc its like driving a radioactive vehicle. No one want to be within 100 metres of you.

Therefore you do not get an appropriate test of the 'police' drivers actual driving skill. driving like 'a ****' as some put it is not as easy as it looks when trying to be safe.

to 'test' a pursuit on a track etc is not real enough. If a driver had tested on a track with nothing coming the other way etc what would he/she do when there is something coming the other way, a radio asking you where your going and pensioners decinding 'ohh its time to cross the road'?

'This country has gone to ****.... and the police are to blame........'

ahh the Police, yes, they ring up Mr **** and say, please go and rob some poor old lady so we have something to do, yes, thats the truth.........

If the criminal prosecution service put the '*****' in jail instead of letting them go we'd all be happier.

Oh and if the government gave better laws to deal with the '*****' the Police would probably be better equipped.

Thats just my say

Last edited by monkeyboy840; 30 March 2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 30 March 2006, 07:39 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
simply because if your driving a car with stripes. blues and two etc its like driving a radioactive vehicle. No one want to be within 100 metres of you.

Therefore you do not get an appropriate test of the 'police' drivers actual driving skill. driving like 'a ****' as some put it is not as easy as it looks when trying to be safe.

to 'test' a pursuit on a track etc is not real enough. If a driver had tested on a track with nothing coming the other way etc what would he/she do when there is something coming the other way, a ridoa asking you where your going a nd pensioners decinding 'time to cross the road'?

'This country has gone to ****.... and the police are to blame........'

ahh the Police, yes, they ring up Mr **** and say, please go and rob some poor old lady so we have something to do, yes, thats the truth.........

If the criminal prosecution service put the '*****' in jail instead of letting them go we'd all be happier.

Oh and if the government gave better laws to deal with the '*****' the Police would probably be better equipped.

Thats just my say
Guess we have have one of our savoiurs here! lol! WANNA DONUT?
Old 30 March 2006, 07:40 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

Sorry should say WHAT A DONUT! lol lol lol
Old 30 March 2006, 07:40 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

yes please, six if you have em.
Old 30 March 2006, 07:49 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Sorry should say WHAT A DONUT! lol lol lol

never even met me have you? I do like donuts though.:

So do I have to register with a new username or endure endless ridicule?

You decide

I just cant wait to get my scooby and thought i'd get some advice from the experts before buying the wrong model. If i'm not wanted tell me and i'll pack up and leave.

Last edited by monkeyboy840; 30 March 2006 at 07:54 PM.
Old 30 March 2006, 07:58 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyboy840
never even met me have you? I do like donuts though.:

So do I have to register with a new username or endure endless ridicule?

You decide

I just cant wait to get my scooby and thought i'd get some advice from the experts before buying the wrong model. If i'm not wanted tell me and i'll pack up and leave.
LOL..... you must be bill......
Old 30 March 2006, 08:10 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

LOL..... you must be bill......

Yes, I think thats quite obvious. refering to my previous post do I need to sod off or am I welcome?

Either way its up to you's lot not me?
Old 30 March 2006, 08:16 PM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
= I don't see the difference between some car thieving **** driving dangerously and the police driving dangerously as that is exactly what it was, highly trained or not. If your highly trained you shouldn't get into dangerous situations like that. The bloke should have failed for that manouvre, he was very close to having a high speed head on

I do agree on that point

Quick Reply: Part 2 of car wars bbc1 9pm