Sponsored by:

Grudge against my car

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2006, 08:27 AM
Bluebeard
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Grudge against my car

Can't believe it..some ****** has obviously got a grudge against my WRX. Just cannot believe how some people can be so evil. To whit:

- have to use car to commute to station, but resent being asked £20 a week for the privilege, so park on nice quiet residential street nearby. Make a point of parking well away from drives on a nice clear stretch. All of the houses have big driveways, so the local residents get to park with no problems.
- car got keyed on front passenger door a few weeks back...annoying, but hopefully just a random nutter.
- found note purporting to be from the local Police on windscreen a couple of weeks later, accusing my car of causing an obstruction and threatening to have it towed (“this is your last and only friendly warning…”). Name of PC is illegible, no surprise to discover the number is also a fake.
- decide to park at other end of road…car keyed again on rear passenger door this week

Someone is clearly targeting my car, and going to quite a bit of trouble to do so. Its not as if I am the only commuter to use the street. Its also a very posh residential area which is not on the way to anywhere else (other than another posh area), so hard to believe it’s a local chav.

Have reported to the Police, but short of putting a 24 watch on the road and or doing a bunch of handwriting analysis, I can’t see what can be done.

Just thought I share my anger with you all…feel a little better for that.

Last edited by Bluebeard; 29 March 2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 29 March 2006, 08:34 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Spend £50 on the crappiest looking legal motor you can find paint it pink/orange/anything nasty.

Park this in their street for a few weeks, even key the doors yourself so theres no gain in that.

See how they like that

Oh and dont forget the cherrybomb exhaust
Old 29 March 2006, 08:38 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Mate thats a shame, nothing worse than others defacing your porperty, let alone your pride and joy.

I think maybe that £20 a week might pay for its self if you keep having to have resprays and touch ups so maybe worth the premium for security.
Old 29 March 2006, 08:43 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I prefer my idea
Old 29 March 2006, 08:44 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

If this is happening I would be tempted with buying the shed idea and using that for parking up !
Chances are some one has taken a grudge to you parking there and recognises / targets the car! IF you park in the £20 secure for a few weeks and then return to parking same street I imagine it will happen again !
Richard
Old 29 March 2006, 09:08 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

How about a perimeter alarm. Alternatively you could leaflet the houses stating that your car has been vandalised in the street(and houses), that you have reported it to the police with a view to prosecuting the person, and that the police will be watching the road. Anyone else who has suffered the same report to PC so and so. if it is a well to do person, it may scare them enough to stop.
Old 29 March 2006, 09:17 AM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

perhaps the people on the street dont like you parking your motor there when theres a perfectly good car park to use. If i were you i'd just park in the car park

Trending Topics

Old 29 March 2006, 09:19 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

no law against it though
Old 29 March 2006, 09:21 AM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

Originally Posted by cookstar
Spend £50 on the crappiest looking legal motor you can find paint it pink/orange/anything nasty.

Park this in their street for a few weeks, even key the doors yourself so theres no gain in that.

See how they like that

now that's pure class, can you imagine the ***** expression if you did this.

Or book a day off work,ask a friend to do the same, park your car as usual. Then covertly park your friends car leaving clear sight to your vehicle, when the a$$ wipe strikes, run him over, reverse back over him, and stick a sticker on him saying "this is your last and only friendly warning"
Old 29 March 2006, 09:26 AM
staffychance
Scooby Regular

Take a days holiday, Park your car up as usual and wait, find out who is doing it ans kick the living ****e out of them..........boils me this sort of thing, as youve said you have parked away from drives etc. arrrrhhhhh.

People are like that in my street, my street is very tight people park on either side of the road and in drives, but its still tight, when people go out and come home, sometimes someones parked on your front, I just park further down the street for a couple of hours until the vistor goes and put the car back on my front, No Problem, Some people dont half make a song and dance about it, WHY??????????
Old 29 March 2006, 09:31 AM
New_scooby_04

See how they like that

Superb idea. Make it as offensive to look at as possible!!!
Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 29 March 2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 29 March 2006, 09:33 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MickWrx
when the a$$ wipe strikes, run him over, reverse back over him, and stick a sticker on him saying "this is your last and only friendly warning"
i like your style
Old 29 March 2006, 09:36 AM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Some people seem to believe that the public road outside their house actually belongs to them, and take great offence if a member of the public dares park there (even if they have their own off-street parking). We had a friend who lived in a cul-de-sac with limited parking, and if we parked outside their neighbours, on the public road, they'd come out and ask you to move - WTF?
Old 29 March 2006, 09:37 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Cocker
perhaps the people on the street dont like you parking your motor there when theres a perfectly good car park to use. If i were you i'd just park in the car park
Why should he have to pay £20 a week when there is a perfectly good space -that he is legally entitled to use- on this street? If he's parking with respect for the residents' access to heir properties and not causing a nuisnace, then there is no problem. Vandalising someone's car is not an acceptable means of protest. If you've got a problem with something someone is doing, how about having the ***** and good manners to take it up with them in person?

A friendly chat mght have saved all this grief and someone resorting to CRIMINAL activities for no good reason.

Ns04
Old 29 March 2006, 09:39 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Some people really get worked up about parking on "their" road. I used to live in Preston and the old biddy next door used to compain if I parked outside her house. She didn't even have a car! She had some "agreement" with another neighbour opposite that they could park outside her place.

I did get my own back, I did an engine change infront of her house and the car was on axle stands for days
Old 29 March 2006, 09:56 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Is it only illegal to park over someones drive, if there is a car parked in it

Not that im sudgesting anything, especially not with a £50 sh1tbox
Old 29 March 2006, 10:02 AM
Trem
Scooby Regular

See how they like that

Thats the best idea. Paint a massive illuminous **** on it as well.
Old 29 March 2006, 10:05 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Where in the UK?
Old 29 March 2006, 10:06 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I'd do the £50 idea. We've had mega rows with neighbours over parking. One lady in particular used to park milimeters from the bumpers of either mine or my GFs car.

I confronted her and warned her that if she did anything like that again I would get a solicitor involved and take action because I and a witness saw her hit my car and cause the marks on the rear bumper (The marks were there when I bought the car ) Soon stopped her playing that game.

Our neighbours next door stand in their window making sure nobody dares to park within feet of thier little castle.

I hate my neighbours more than anything and the joy it brings when I leave my car ticking over outside with the bung removed is great. Also, they are all out to out-do each other with driveways and mowing the lawn etc etc. I look after my house obviously but don't give a stuff about the front lawn. If they are being particularly difficult with parking outside my house I just park the Astra on the front lawn.

Give the house that council house look that really upsets them.

Its childish yes but very entertaining.
Old 29 March 2006, 10:16 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

£50 quid idea is funny... , although it would be better to catch the person who did the damage..
Old 29 March 2006, 10:18 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

park it, watch it photograph them, kill them
Old 29 March 2006, 10:36 AM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R

You have the right to park there mate. Thats why you pay road tax.
I'd watch it for a day or two and video them at it.
Old 29 March 2006, 10:59 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do notCatch the ****** and bury a crowbar in their head
Old 29 March 2006, 11:03 AM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

I'd go with the £50 legal motor.As said make it look as 'offensive' to the eye as possible.Bright colours with 'Up yours' down both sides.Maybe hand paint along the sides 'Neighbourhood watch vehicle', that would be fun!
Old 29 March 2006, 11:08 AM
killa
Scooby Regular

'Neighbourhood watch vehicle',
Old 29 March 2006, 11:10 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
park it, watch it photograph them, kill them
Criminals: Don't give them an easy ride!!!

Ns04
Old 29 March 2006, 11:11 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Safety in numbers, I think the next Scooby meet should be on this road, then they'd have something to moan about!!!
Old 29 March 2006, 11:20 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alloy
Safety in numbers, I think the next Scooby meet should be on this road, then they'd have something to moan about!!!

Old 29 March 2006, 11:25 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at it from the point of view of the residents, even if you are not causing an obvious obstruction you are still taking the **** by parking in their street, they probably get a lot of people who do cause obstructions so in the end they wont distinguish between the two they will just be pissed that you are parking in their street just because you don't want to stump up for the car park.

Yes they shouldn't be damaging your car but after the "friendly notice" maybe you should have thought twice about going back??

How about you look for a nice old man/lady that lives on this street who has an empty driveway, offer to pay them rent to use their driveway, £50/month or something like that is peanuts to you but it would probably be a nice bit of a pocket money for them plus your car is a lot safer.
Old 29 March 2006, 11:26 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Look at it from the point of view of the residents, even if you are not causing an obvious obstruction you are still taking the **** by parking in their street, they probably get a lot of people who do cause obstructions so in the end they wont distinguish between the two they will just be pissed that you are parking in their street just because you don't want to stump up for the car park.

Yes they shouldn't be damaging your car but after the "friendly notice" maybe you should have thought twice about going back??

How about you look for a nice old man/lady that lives on this street who has an empty driveway, offer to pay them rent to use their driveway, £50/month or something like that is peanuts to you but it would probably be a nice bit of a pocket money for them plus your car is a lot safer.

This is the point IT IS NOT THEIRS! Unless it is a private road then tuff luck

Quick Reply: Grudge against my car