Sponsored by:

Scooby or Any Fast Car?

Search this Thread

Old 29 March 2006, 07:43 AM
michaelro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby or Any Fast Car?

I've noticed since owning the scoob that I'm attracting a lot of unwanted attention - Not from the police either

My previous car wasn't particulary fast - But I would generally exceed the speed limit on the motorway - Never really encountered the people I have been until recently, so don't know if its the norm...?

For fuel economy and police attraction purposes - I have barely been above 75 on the motorway except for the odd burst to get in spaces / changing lanes.

I had one such burst this morning to go past a car (large merc) - As soon as I did he sped up and started tailgating me - I dropped my speed but had nowhere to pull in and I had caught the traffic in front.

As soon as a space appeared he undertook me

I came off at my junction and pulled up next to him at the lights - I looked over and was presented with the usual staring straight ahead.

I love the car, but this isn't the first and certainly won't be the last time something like this happens
Old 29 March 2006, 07:45 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally i find i get a lot more respect in my STi than i ever did in my CTR, jacklaNova seems to not want to play and on motorways i find the vast majority of other drivers much more willing to move out of lane 3 and let me pass.
Old 29 March 2006, 08:17 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B0DSKI
other drivers much more willing to move out of lane 3 and let me pass.
This is what i find, when cruising down lane 3 "making progress" other road users generally move aside to let me pass, with the odd dope just sitting in lane 3 for no reason . Occasionaly you get the odd late 30's early 40's bloke in their exec being a **** and sitting on the bumper but there is an easy remedy for this
Old 29 March 2006, 10:53 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yes . . Oh those trusty coffin dodgers in their Merc's . .They really do like to try it on - probably in an attempt to recapture their misspent youth!

Its true, the car will get some unwanted attention, but what I find is that the insecure people with crap cars are the most likely to try it on and lose . . . . Equally, people that own cars , which the Scooby on an average day would **** on , also tend to be the most vocal, instead trying to emphasize how "classy" and "luxurious" their crap cars are . .

Most normal people, however, just tend to move out of the way when they see a Scooby . .Makes me feel kind of wide!

All I can say mate is just dont get involved . .You can't let other peoples actions determine your actions! Simple as that!

Enjoy!
Old 29 March 2006, 11:16 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by michaelro

I love the car, but this isn't the first and certainly won't be the last time something like this happens
I've noted that it is good roadcraft to offer to buy someone a cocktail, by means of gesticulation, whenever they overtake you!

At least, thats what everyone seems to do to me!

In response to your query: any fast car that doesn't exactly hide its potential will be subject to the same treatment, but you do have to be aware that some days you'll encounter an disproportionate number of people drive like ***** and would do so regardless of what you're driving. You shouldn't just assume it's the car!

Let em get on with it.

Ns04
Old 29 March 2006, 11:53 AM
misty
Scooby Regular

My very good friend has a merc and he's no coffin dodger But he would be so pleased if you tried it on with him!!! Then again it is a 54 plate e55 amg....
dave
Old 29 March 2006, 03:13 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by misty
My very good friend has a merc and he's no coffin dodger But he would be so pleased if you tried it on with him!!! Then again it is a 54 plate e55 amg....
dave
And we are really scared of 55 AMG's . . ! They have really big engines!

Really sorry . . Please accept our humble apologies

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 29 March 2006 at 03:22 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 29 March 2006, 03:27 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
dave
and how oftern does that charged v8 get to strech it's legs, my money's on <5% of it's mileage
Old 29 March 2006, 03:33 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by alloy
and how oftern does that charged v8 get to strech it's legs, my money's on <5% of it's mileage
Yes. . But its worth it you see . . .The excitement of going in a straight line in a charged v8 . . .Simply poetry!
Old 29 March 2006, 03:34 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

well i wouldnt try it above 100 against one....tata!
Old 29 March 2006, 04:27 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

500hp give or take... luvly sounding V8.. tail pipes to die for... but still only STI pace (give or take).

I know which one I'd rather buy... but also which one I'd rather have

Rich

Old 29 March 2006, 07:28 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

You will get unwanted attention unfortunatley.

On the way to a run out we had 4 weeks ago, I got pulled in a 30 mph doing 44mph in my S3, copper who pulled me was spot on, told "me" the S3 was a lovely car and let me off with just a fine for not wearing my seatbelt (thank you)

5 mins later, a mate in a scoob came along doing 45, got pulled and was given 3 points and £60 fine

Its must have been down to the car
Old 29 March 2006, 07:41 PM
RUSTY RULES
Scooby Newbie

WELL MATE WHERE I COME FROM THEY CALL IT JEALOUSY DONT WORRY BE HAPPY!
Old 29 March 2006, 07:46 PM
N*UFO
Scooby Regular

you will find that everyone in a german car,a 4x4 or a vauxhall will do everything they can to get past you.....(including serious speeding and dangerous driving)!, i just let them get on with it..... shame there's not a copper about when you want one!
On the other end of the scale drivers of quick cars(evos,etc) are totally different, just my observation
Old 29 March 2006, 11:56 PM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

well, I seem to get a bit more respect from most road users... apart from anything BMW, and the Civic type R/ turbo astra boys who think they can play on the street. 9/10 times I let 'em get on with it... unless my right foot gets itchy!!