warmer weather

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2006, 09:24 PM
coolboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warmer weather

just a quick question:

i have a modded 98turbo fmic, decat full system, sti8 turbo, uprated fuelpump apexi boost controller, prob bit more but can't think at minute. thing is i have been experiencing overboost and boost creep for a good few months now but over the past few days since the weather has warmed up the boost has been holding steady and at a respectable 1.1 bar is this normal?
Old 29 March 2006, 08:14 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant comment on a Scooby as of yet, cos firstly mine is an STI with just ppp so not really anything off the wall. But I used to own a 200sx which was heavily modded and had the boost altered.

I always made sure I tested the boost and had the garage set it in the winter when its really cold, this way you dont overboost when its get cold..if you see what I mean. Yes performance used to drop ever so slightly when in summer time but never had any problems.

I made the first error in changing the boost pressure during summer 2003 i think it was, when it came to decemeber the damn thing was almost detonating and hitting the boost cut all the time, always set turbo pressures when its cold is my advice.