Sponsored by:

Chips away.

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2006, 06:44 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chips away.

Im looking into getting a franchise with chips away,has anyone else done this or knows anyone who has? Is it worth the initial outlay etc......
Cheers.
Old 25 March 2006, 07:10 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

who the **** are chips away?
Old 25 March 2006, 07:23 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

its a diet regime helps you lose what the chips put on (when your older youl understand)
Old 25 March 2006, 07:30 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by struv
its a diet regime helps you lose what the chips put on (when your older youl understand)

Its the company that repairs chips in paintwork and removes dints from panels on cars,vans etc.
Old 25 March 2006, 07:39 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

i know i fecking hate em (i own a bodyshop) WITH OVERHEADS!!!
Old 25 March 2006, 07:41 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

but good luck with your venture anyway
Old 26 March 2006, 12:23 AM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

i know i fecking hate em (i own a bodyshop) WITH OVERHEADS!!!
Cheers! So theyv'e done you out of a few quid then?
Old 26 March 2006, 01:14 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

have you done the open day.....

i have and decided against due to personal circumstances. if you have done it, my feeling is you should really know, if not, do it, its an interesting day even if it goes no further.

i spoke with my local franchises before going to get a clear idea. how many are there in your area, the wasnt many when i looked in the newcastle, but looking at the maps for the further south you go, its easy to see that fighting over set area's is more than likely

john
Old 26 March 2006, 06:13 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

my thoughts are if your in the trade and can do a good job why not just buy a van the bars and probes a laptop and a water bourn system and do it for yourself and spend the franchise money on something usefull just advertise in the yellow pages as the dent man or something and the work will roll in theres no guarentees buying into a franchise (exept for the guy selling it to you)
Old 26 March 2006, 08:00 PM
scooby jay
Scooby Regular

Default chips away

i could,nt agree more with you, ive been painting cars since i left school the paying thousands of pounds to a company like chips away seems a waste of money to me i have regular customers time after time that keep comming back they tell there friends who then tell there friends, the best way to set up is buy a van buy the basics you need then go from there and build your customer base as you go along providing you are good and realible you should have a constant supply of work money can be really good as long as you are prepared to work hard

my thoughts are if your in the trade and can do a good job why not just buy a van the bars and probes a laptop and a water bourn system and do it for yourself and spend the franchise money on something usefull just advertise in the yellow pages as the dent man or something and the work will roll in theres no guarentees buying into a franchise (exept for the guy selling it to you)
Old 26 March 2006, 11:52 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

your buying a business plan and a brand name to trade under, that is how franchises exist and work....
Old 27 March 2006, 09:03 AM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

they also charge you 300quid a month or week? for a van and 60 quid a week for marketing? so overheads are there also! i actually thought about this last week, but not sure exactly how much money can be earned out of it, only 1 guy doing it in our area, was just lookin for something to do, but 20-30k seems alot to put into it, unless your getting 5k+ a month returns
Old 27 March 2006, 05:42 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jason4656
they also charge you 300quid a month or week? for a van and 60 quid a week for marketing? so overheads are there also! i actually thought about this last week, but not sure exactly how much money can be earned out of it, only 1 guy doing it in our area, was just lookin for something to do, but 20-30k seems alot to put into it, unless your getting 5k+ a month returns
I know they charge 300 a month for the van,but didnt know about the 60 for marketing. Got a call from chips away this morning,and i have arranged to go to one of thier seminars next week,so will find out more then.
Old 27 March 2006, 05:57 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jason4656

start up price very much depends on what type of plan you elect for.

once you have done the seminar, you will see that 5k a month is achievable if you make it work.

The problem that gets this franchise a bad name was the older folk who were made redundant from office based jobs, coupled together with advertising from chips away that was slightly misleading, caused a slight problem.

It was billed as a licence to print money and that absolutly anyone could do it. they still are like that to certain extent when your on the seminar, you will know exectly what im talking about. So when these guys realised that there is a lot of hard work involved, they didnt want to know.#

2 round my area have failed like this and i have heard nothing but bad reports about there work. But its like all trades, you have to take the good with the bad.

Just dont see the oppertunity as a get rich quick scheme, because you couldnt be further from the truth.

john
Old 27 March 2006, 09:14 PM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info john, yes they do seem to advertise it as you need absolutely no car experience at all!! so im sure it does attract people with more money than experience!!

22.5k is the bottom line bottom package investment i think? going to up alot lot more
Old 27 March 2006, 10:52 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

no problem mate.

dont tell anyone, but if you need any info mate, i have the full business plan that your meant to hand back. forgot to send it bck when i didnt take it on.

john