looking for exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2006, 08:40 PM
SergeantScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for exhaust recommendations

All
I have had my classic type ra for a month now, it came with a what i think is a blitz back box on it, i say blitz cause who ever did it put a nasty blitz sticker on the boot lid (which will be removed). Anyway as much as i love the scooby burble this thing is way too loud everyone looks round when i put the foot down. I am not one for drawing attention to myself and want to change out the box.

I still want a nice note and the scooby burble but quite a bit quieter i wanna hear the turbo as well, so to this end can anyone suggest a replacement its a classic my00 type ra

a picture of it here

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...A/IMGP0351.jpg

thanks
Old 18 March 2006, 08:50 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

IVE JUST REMOVED A MAGNEX REAR BOX 3.5" TAIL. WHITCH IS A LOT SMALLOR THAN YOURS. AND REPLACED IT WITH A SCOOBYCLINIC ONE 4.5". MINE IS REEL LOUD NOW JUST HOW I WANTED IT. WITH THE MAGNEX YOU STILL HAVE THAT BURBLE BUT ITS VERY QUIT ON LONG RUNS. PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN AND YOU GET A LOUD BURBLE.

GAZ C.
Old 18 March 2006, 08:52 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Originally Posted by SergeantScooby
All
I have had my classic type ra for a month now, it came with a what i think is a blitz back box on it, i say blitz cause who ever did it put a nasty blitz sticker on the boot lid (which will be removed). Anyway as much as i love the scooby burble this thing is way too loud everyone looks round when i put the foot down. I am not one for drawing attention to myself and want to change out the box.

I still want a nice note and the scooby burble but quite a bit quieter i wanna hear the turbo as well, so to this end can anyone suggest a replacement its a classic my00 type ra

a picture of it here

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...A/IMGP0351.jpg

thanks
mmm dont think thats a blitz (not sure though!!) by the sounds of it your better going for the magnex 6 X 4" zorst this is normally the norm for people who want a nice burble

me on the other hand has a blitz nur spec (the king of zorsts)

I am sure a few other people will throw some other ideas into the pot

regards

Justin
Old 18 March 2006, 09:01 PM
SergeantScooby
Scooby Regular

i will take a look at it tomorrow to see if there is any identifying markings on it, when idling it sounds nice and would be happy with that noise all the time however when you put your foot down it sounds like a tank, have had dozens of comments from people at work about noise and i heard that a woman in the office next to where i park was getting p1ssed off with the noise i found that funny more than anything, she is a right moaner anyhow.
Old 18 March 2006, 09:11 PM
gaz c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SergeantScooby
i will take a look at it tomorrow to see if there is any identifying markings on it, when idling it sounds nice and would be happy with that noise all the time however when you put your foot down it sounds like a tank, have had dozens of comments from people at work about noise and i heard that a woman in the office next to where i park was getting p1ssed off with the noise i found that funny more than anything, she is a right moaner anyhow.
ITS SUCH A NICE NOISE THOUGH. ITS THE ONLY CAR I NO OF THAT BEFORE YUV SEEN IT YOU NO WHAT CAR IT IS. HOW MANY OTHER CARS CAN DO THIS.