Sponsored by:

Restored Faith !!

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2006, 05:23 PM
jailer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restored Faith !!

Went to my first scooby meet today at Beachy Head enroute home met a couple of you and saw some very nice scooby's. Had to get away though as I'd bought some 18" Alloys which have been sat in my hall for days now waiting to be fitted and this was my first chance to fit them.
Now these wheels were bought on the Thursday by phone with a delivery promise of the following Tuesday, great I thought, cant wait, so I'll book a days leave so that I'm in when they arrive. Then on the Monday, the day before they are due I get a phone call asking me what tyre size I ordered !! What do you mean what tyre size! they're meant to be knocking at my door in the morning! But no they hadn't even left Scotland yet!
Anyway, somewhat peeved off, the wheels arrived on the Wednesday and by chance I was in but in my typical luck they had no centre caps and I was told due to demand they had run out of stock but would be with me in a couple of days! More peeved off and wheels still sat in my hall.
This brings me to today, (Saturday) scooby meet day. Seeing all the great looking scoobies convinced me to go home and fit them regardless that I had no centre caps. So I got home took the old wheels off slotted the new ones on but as in my typical luck the bloody wheel nuts wont fit! So off with the wheel, prop it up against the front door and put the old wheel back on. Whilst doing this unbeknown to me my lovely new shiny wheel has decided to roll down the drive and when it stopped in my typical luck it falls on its face on the concrete drive buggering up the paint on most of the spokes Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and f#ck f#ck f#ck. Still rather upset I phone up DP Motorsports in Scotland where I bought the wheels to ask for some wheel nuts to be posted along with the centre caps. While doing so in the politest way possible I am explaining what had happened from day one and how I had just buggered the wheel all the while throwing in numerous polite f#cks and telling them I am f#cking jinxed.
And this is when it happened !! "dont worry he said I'll send you out a new wheel for your troubles for FREE !!!!!!!!!" well I nearly fell over, all he asked for was £6 for postage and I said amongst other things thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou and how much for the the wheel nuts ? call it £10 all in and they will be with you by Tuesday.
Can you beleive that ? I can barely beleive it myself. My faith in human nature has been totally restored I cant praise DP Motorsports of Scotland highly enough they are total top blokes in this day and age when everyman is out for himself and screw you attitude. Thankyou DP Motorsports.
So if anyone of you should want a decent set of wheels for very reasonable money you wont go far wrong by checking out DP Motorsports on ebay.
Old 18 March 2006, 05:30 PM
scogsywrx
Scooby Regular

nice1 mate...

goin on there previous attempts on delivery though i wouldnt praise them just yet.....

roll on tuesday.....
Old 18 March 2006, 05:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good .... but you haven't got the free wheel yet .....

Welcome to SN by the way - it's unusual to have as your 1st post a statement on how great a supllier is ............

Glad you enjoyed the meet at Beachy Head, nice view from the pub there isn't it?

I was the driver of the blue wagon .....

Pete
Old 18 March 2006, 05:36 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

DP Motorsports
Old 18 March 2006, 05:41 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

I was the driver of the blue wagon .....

Pete
pete in scooby meet shocker?

didn't think you frequented meets pete, for fear of stoning
Old 18 March 2006, 05:41 PM
jailer
Scooby Newbie

Default restored faith

Yes sorry it's my first post here but not on Sussex Scoobies which is where I have been posting since joining both.
But hello and its nice to be here with you guys and gals.
Old 18 March 2006, 05:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoskib
pete in scooby meet shocker?

didn't think you frequented meets pete, for fear of stoning
Where did I say that I was there at the SAME time as everyone else??

Pete
Old 18 March 2006, 05:49 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Where did I say that I was there at the SAME time as everyone else??

Pete
don't give me that, you were there. polishing up your lexus lights and offering cracking advice on oil