Sponsored by:

The little Fekers!

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2006, 10:30 AM
paulquest
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The little Fekers!

Whilst driving into work yesterday I was forced to travel in the nearside lane of a duel carriageway thanks to the snow blocking off the other. Not a problem I thought at first until I was driving on the approach road to the Wallasey tunnel. This road has numerous bridges crossing over it. All of a sudden I see a kid jump out from the side of the bridge and drop a slab of ice right in front of me. Yep it hit me. I could see it falling but could not get out of it's way. Managed to swerve a bit but this put me into the snow on the other side. I'm now the proud owner of a really nice scooby with a mashed wing.
By the time I got to where they had been they had gone. Lucky really as I would have probably used their heads to straighten the wing.
My passenger jarred their neck when I swerved as they hadn't seen it being dropped. Would have been a lot worse if I hadn't seen it comming.

I reported it to the police (for the crime number.) who told me that it had been happening all day with numerous cars being damaged etc.

So how many of you has this happened to?
This is the third time for me.
Old 14 March 2006, 12:04 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by paulquest

I reported it to the police (for the crime number.) who told me that it had been happening all day with numerous cars being damaged etc.

Then why the flaming hell weren't they there with a patrol car. This is not an insignificant matter; people have been killed by these kind of antics.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. Glad you're ok.

Ns04
Old 14 March 2006, 12:11 PM
ewanrw
Scooby Regular

happened to my dad a couple of years ago in glasgow except it was a brick
Old 14 March 2006, 12:11 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Then why the flaming hell weren't they there with a patrol car. This is not an insignificant matter; people have been killed by these kind of antics.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car. Glad you're ok.

Ns04
Simple asnswer to this one imo. The cars won't be speeding due to the conditions so there's no money to be made out of it.

Also sorry to hear that this has caused damage to your car but glad that you and passenger aren't seriously hurt.
Old 14 March 2006, 12:14 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Then why the flaming hell weren't they there with a patrol car..
Too cold, tucked up back at the station with a cup of coffee and a mars bar.
Old 14 March 2006, 12:22 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by mneame
Simple asnswer to this one imo. The cars won't be speeding due to the conditions so there's no money to be made out of it.

Correct or not, that will be the public perception. People simply cannot be alowed to get away with this kind of crass stupidity. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he possible consequences of this behaviour; it can't simply be shrugged off as unimportant.

Ns04
Old 14 March 2006, 12:23 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

That because the police have better thing to do like standing at the side of the road catching speeding motorist's and making sure they get to the chip shop before it close's .i'm sorry to hear that your car was damaged

Trending Topics

Old 14 March 2006, 05:14 PM
paulquest
Scooby Regular

Things just got worse!!

Whilst driving to the garage to get a quote for the repair to my wing a car behind me forgot to stop.

I'm now getting a quote for the repairs to the rear of my scooby as well.

I'm just a little bit gutted at the moment.

The only thing keeping me smiling is there was more damage to the Rover 214 that hit me than to mine.

I'm now on the look out for the third thing to happen.
Old 14 March 2006, 05:33 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Things just got worse!!

Whilst driving to the garage to get a quote for the repair to my wing a car behind me forgot to stop.

I'm now getting a quote for the repairs to the rear of my scooby as well.

I'm just a little bit gutted at the moment.

The only thing keeping me smiling is there was more damage to the Rover 214 that hit me than to mine.

I'm now on the look out for the third thing to happen.
sorry to hear this mate. can't you have a sly word with the garage and get a good deal on the front if you give the guy a drink
Old 14 March 2006, 06:27 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear this they should cage bridges in over roads to stop this
Old 14 March 2006, 06:34 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

FFS! . .Sorry to hear yr news! What can you do though . . . . .Thank god yr alright!
Old 14 March 2006, 11:59 PM
Daz1121
Scooby Regular

Paul, so sorry to hear about this. You've only had the car a few weeks and for something like this to happen is terrible as I know. I had my Scoob for 3 weeks before I was involved in an accident and my car was off the road getting repaired for 4 weeks. Hope you get yours sorted quicker than that and still enjoy it when you get it back.
Old 15 March 2006, 03:55 AM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Too cold, tucked up back at the station with a cup of coffee and a mars bar.
Very constructive as per usual

Do you police bashers ever stop to consider they were inundated and run off their feet with a massive increase in calls over the last few days
Old 15 March 2006, 07:05 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy boo
Very constructive as per usual

Do you police bashers ever stop to consider they were inundated and run off their feet with a massive increase in calls over the last few days
No the police are as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to policing this country.
Old 15 March 2006, 08:25 AM
Higgs555
Scooby Newbie

a little while ago i was driving past a pub near where i live and outside there must have been about 30 coppers all standing around they had 3 riot vans with them plus loads of cars. i thort god someone must have beed shot or stabed in the pub to get a responce like that but when i got about 500 yards up the road there was a camera van parked up. WHAT A WASTE OF TAX PAYERS MONEY
Old 15 March 2006, 08:55 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Whilst driving into work yesterday I was forced to travel in the nearside lane of a duel carriageway thanks to the snow blocking off the other. Not a problem I thought at first until I was driving on the approach road to the Wallasey tunnel. This road has numerous bridges crossing over it. All of a sudden I see a kid jump out from the side of the bridge and drop a slab of ice right in front of me. Yep it hit me. I could see it falling but could not get out of it's way. Managed to swerve a bit but this put me into the snow on the other side. I'm now the proud owner of a really nice scooby with a mashed wing.
By the time I got to where they had been they had gone. Lucky really as I would have probably used their heads to straighten the wing.
My passenger jarred their neck when I swerved as they hadn't seen it being dropped. Would have been a lot worse if I hadn't seen it comming.

So how many of you has this happened to?
This is the third time for me.
Feckin dangerous this, glad ur ok.
Remember the incident on the M3 a couple of years ago...
something was dropped onto a lorry, the driver died.
Old 16 March 2006, 10:46 AM
paulquest
Scooby Regular

Oh well,

thought it was going to be straight forwards. I was rear ended by another car that wasn't able to stop in time.

But oh nooooooo,

the driver now says it was my fault!!!!!!!!!
What was I meant to do, drive into the car in front of me. Don't think that would have gone down to well with them.

Maybe thats because they now know that the cost of the repair to mine is going to cost more than their car is actually worth and theirs will probably be written off into the bargin.

Got to keep smiling though haven't you.
Old 16 March 2006, 10:51 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

colleague got a large stone smash windscreen a few years ago, police had no interest when he reported it from the hard shoulder.
Old 16 March 2006, 11:17 AM
Spankathon
Scooby Regular

Do you want a copper parked on every bridge seeing if anyone comes to drop stuff off it..? Yeah, thats a good idea !!

I doubt these people use the same bridge more than once, so there isn't really anything the Police can do. It should be the highways agency to make some changes to the bridges, i.e. high mesh fences etc.....
Old 16 March 2006, 11:18 AM
Spankathon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
colleague got a large stone smash windscreen a few years ago, police had no interest when he reported it from the hard shoulder.
PMSL, what the frig do you expect a Policeman to do with this...???
Old 16 March 2006, 12:03 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spankathon
PMSL, what the frig do you expect a Policeman to do with this...???
maybe turn up and try to find the culprit? to prosecute the criminal?
what do you think??
Old 16 March 2006, 12:26 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

It seems to happen so much. Why don't they install CCTV (with an installed air gun, shoot the little ^&*^*) ?

It is unacceptable that something as serious and potentially fatal as this is not acted upon straightaway.

You could call it attempted murder.
Old 16 March 2006, 12:59 PM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

I had an 8'x4' sheet of plaster board hit me on the M62 last year. It came off the roof of a van travelling the opposite way, smashed my screen and damaged my car roof! Luckily the guy stopped the van to resecure the rest of the load and was promptly done for an unsafe load!
Glad you were not hurt in the incident, I still today can see that board flying towards me
Old 16 March 2006, 02:29 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Oh well,

thought it was going to be straight forwards. I was rear ended by another car that wasn't able to stop in time.

But oh nooooooo,

the driver now says it was my fault!!!!!!!!!
What was I meant to do, drive into the car in front of me. Don't think that would have gone down to well with them.

Maybe thats because they now know that the cost of the repair to mine is going to cost more than their car is actually worth and theirs will probably be written off into the bargin.

Got to keep smiling though haven't you.

It doesn't matter what the other driver says. He rear ended you therefore he was unable to stop in the distance he could see to be clear. Your insurance company will ensure he pays up.
Old 16 March 2006, 02:33 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

what do you think??
There's no point in them turning up. If you or I dropped something from a bridge and got caught, we'd be doing community service.

The t*ats that generally do this type of thing will be untouchable local yobs/kids, so why would the police bother turning up?
Old 16 March 2006, 02:57 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gotmashed
sorry to hear this they should cage bridges in over roads to stop this
I agree similar thing happened to me on m62 can't see why they don't cage all the bridges
Old 16 March 2006, 03:25 PM
Spankathon
Scooby Regular

what do you think??
Excuse me Mr Police man, someone, don't know who, what sex, age, height or even what they were wearing, threw something at me from a bridge, this was now 20 mins ago, so they could be miles away by now, can you go and look for them please, they may have a sign above their head saying, I THREW IT, IT WAS ME !!!

Come on, get real, there is virtually no chance of finding them !!!
Old 16 March 2006, 04:09 PM
New_scooby_04

Do you want a copper parked on every bridge seeing if anyone comes to drop stuff off it..? Yeah, thats a good idea !!

I doubt these people use the same bridge more than once, so there isn't really anything the Police can do. It should be the highways agency to make some changes to the bridges, i.e. high mesh fences etc.....
Yeah, great idea, lets tax the motorists to fund it, too!! Oh, and whilst we're at it, how about coating windscreens with transparent rubber, that way the debris wil just bounce off Why should we have to start implementing measures of this kind to make it harder to perpetrate utterly irresponsible, criminal and moronic behaviour of thisnature? How about addressing the problem and stopping the behaviour in the first place?

Heres a novel idea: how giving the police and courts some real power to deal with these idiots. Tough sentences might go someway from disuading kids from doing this kind of thing.

Its EXACTLY the kind of apathy that is being exhibited on this thread that perpetuates such behaviour. We're not talking about a couple of scallys tagging a wall. They could have killed someone very easily. It's not good enough to say, well it's happening everywhere, what are you going to do?

Ns04
Old 16 March 2006, 06:27 PM
Spankathon
Scooby Regular

Yeah, great idea, lets tax the motorists to fund it, too!! Oh, and whilst we're at it, how about coating windscreens with transparent rubber, that way the debris wil just bounce off Why should we have to start implementing measures of this kind to make it harder to perpetrate utterly irresponsible, criminal and moronic behaviour of thisnature? How about addressing the problem and stopping the behaviour in the first place?

Heres a novel idea: how giving the police and courts some real power to deal with these idiots. Tough sentences might go someway from disuading kids from doing this kind of thing.

Its EXACTLY the kind of apathy that is being exhibited on this thread that perpetuates such behaviour. We're not talking about a couple of scallys tagging a wall. They could have killed someone very easily. It's not good enough to say, well it's happening everywhere, what are you going to do?

Ns04
You'll be asking for world peace next
Old 16 March 2006, 07:02 PM
New_scooby_04

You'll be asking for world peace next
And would it kill ya to throw in ending world hunger too!!

Just saying that preventing a criminal behaviour by way of effective deterrant is better than just accepting that crimanal behaviour will happen and merely trying to ameloriate the consequences.

It's not much to ask in a so called civilized society that people don't deliberately set about causing road accidents with potentially fatal consequences. If the law can't/won't deal with such a serious issue, then it needs a boot up the ar$e!

Ns04

Quick Reply: The little Fekers!