Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can you remove scratches from glass?

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2006, 05:07 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How can you remove scratches from glass?

Picked upa massive scratch along my windscreen 2day and Im gutted! Ive tried to polish is out with normal glass polish but it hasnt touched it.
U cant feel the scratch so is there something I can use to polish it out or can I take it somewhere? Ne sugestions be great guys.
Old 09 March 2006, 05:16 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

i was told that if you can feel the scratch with your fingers then it cant be buffed out but one of these chip away people may be able to help!!

but also try brasso put some on a small bit of card bored and rub it across the scratch but i takes alot of elbow grease a good five mins rubing per 1 cm so im told hope this helps
Old 09 March 2006, 05:34 PM
dave honey
Scooby Regular

It is true that if a scratch can be felt its not even worth bothering to try and polish it cos you will be there for days and still no better off. you can polish very light scratches out but if you go too far with it you will distort the screen and then all the cars in your view will be bouncing up and down as you drive which aint any good. there are people out there that do this kinda thing but I believe it to be quite expensive. I used to work for autoglass and we had a polish that we used on very light scratches which does work with a little bit of effort and we used to have people come in all the time asking if we did it so we just gave them a little bag of the stuff and told them what to do. May be worth a trip to your local branch to ask....
Old 09 March 2006, 07:41 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Originally Posted by Dspeed
Picked upa massive scratch along my windscreen 2day and Im gutted! Ive tried to polish is out with normal glass polish but it hasnt touched it.
U cant feel the scratch so is there something I can use to polish it out or can I take it somewhere? Ne sugestions be great guys.
Easy one this - Just crack your screen with a hammer and then claim a new one through autoglass for £50 and it wont even effect your insurance!!!!! a lot cheaper then paying someone £80 to buff it out

regards

Justin
Old 09 March 2006, 09:47 PM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon
Easy one this - Just crack your screen with a hammer and then claim a new one through autoglass for £50 and it wont even effect your insurance!!!!! a lot cheaper then paying someone £80 to buff it out

regards

Justin
get ur flamesuit m8, once the PC crew find this post they WILL hunt u down and give u a dam properly spelt, and corectly punctuated talking to.