Sponsored by:

Big Thanks to Scoobyclinic

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2006, 08:16 AM
neilp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Big Thanks to Scoobyclinic

Finally got my heap in for a helath check at scoobyclinic 2 weeks ago, just got it back, been neglecting it for a while, anyway knew there were some problems with it, but the guys here sorted it out and now I love my car again, 300HP for the first time, huge grins now, GF not happy though as i was talking about getting a new car and now I'm not for a while,(couldn't even take my car out in the wet as it would break down!!), the car (and me) may have caused a few grey hairs up at the clinic while they were doing the work but they always called telling me what was wrong and how they were going to fix it, great bunch of guys, can't fault them.

Thanks again guys

Neilp
Old 28 February 2006, 12:45 PM
Charles aka Charlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neilp
Finally got my heap in for a helath check at scoobyclinic 2 weeks ago, just got it back, been neglecting it for a while, anyway knew there were some problems with it, but the guys here sorted it out and now I love my car again, 300HP for the first time, huge grins now, GF not happy though as i was talking about getting a new car and now I'm not for a while,(couldn't even take my car out in the wet as it would break down!!), the car (and me) may have caused a few grey hairs up at the clinic while they were doing the work but they always called telling me what was wrong and how they were going to fix it, great bunch of guys, can't fault them.

Thanks again guys

Neilp
Out of interest; What were the problems and how much did it cost to rectify?
Old 28 February 2006, 08:09 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

It was a long and winding road but we got there in the end

We are glad you are now enjoying your scoob in it's new incarnation, 300bhp is always nice!

Thanks for the kind words Neil

Ads & Co
Old 03 March 2006, 10:47 PM
neilp
Scooby Regular

Default Ads and Co

Cheers guys, quote : "It was a long and winding road but we got there in the end "
and your not talking about your track up to scoobyclinc either !!!
Need to dive into my wallet a bit more now due to having such a heavy right foot, not just having the 300HP it just drives allot smoother at all rev's now as well.

charles,
there was a list as long as my arm, (you should see the print out of my car on the dyno before and after, very funny) partly due to me neglecting my poor car and partly trusting a well known garage/ jap perfomance centre in Warrington to do my ecu replacement and mapping and boost controller. Cost wise, it wasn't cheap but not expensive for all the work undertaken, my car was in for 2 weeks so gives you an idea of the kind of work involved. highly recommend these guys.

Think the problem in the wet was a completely knackered MAF but don't know for sure there were a number of problems so they all might have contributed.