Scooby Legacy Turbo advice needed....

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2001, 12:04 AM
Huey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all,

I've been surfin the net for some info on the original Legacy Turbo, and havent found squat...as my funds wont stretch to an Impreza or new legacy (B4) for some time, I need to get some info on this...have u ever owned one?? Any advice, performance, handling, what to look for etc would be great.

Year 1993 K Legacy Turbo, for example

Cheers for any help.

Huey
Old 18 October 2001, 06:59 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

I owned a 91 Turbo saloon before my current Impreza MY)) and I must say pound for pound the Legacy was the better car, well value wise anyway. Ok the handling is not as good as the Impreza as it is far more nimble but the Legacy is still pretty good. The engine is a bit coarse but it really does pull hard although the initial acceleration is not as quick due to the extra weight. The one area the Legacy was far behind my Impreza on was breaking.

You can pick a very good Legacy up for around £3K and thiis has to be the performance bargain of the decade considering the build qulity, reliability and Qcar status.

I would not hesitate to recommned one jst look out for the normal things such as signs of being thrashed , blue smoke on start up, badly worn brakes. The Legacy engine can be a bit noisier than the Impreza and I think its not unusual for higher milage cars to sound a bit tappety.

Good luck and hope you find a good un.

AllanB
Old 18 October 2001, 12:11 PM
Christmas
Scooby Regular

Owned a 93L for 18 months/30k miles, it has to be one of the most impressive cars I have ever driven, and that includes an MY00 and a UK300 (overweight, over priced & underpowered). It is as quick as a new Impreza, does 25-30mpg and for me is costs half as much to insure as UK Impreza, I have considered selling it (make me an offer) but have not got a clue what to replace it with!
Old 18 October 2001, 01:06 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Brilliant cars. Had 1 for 2 months - gripped the road like glue... until it didn't

- Don't hesitate, go for it. I really don't know whether the Impreza is any better, but wanted something a bit newer.

Mick
Old 18 October 2001, 05:11 PM
scoobystutoo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

HI HUEY

I have a 93 Lreg legacy saloon turbo for sale its tuned by prodrive 72,000 miles & in good condition if you are interested
stu
Old 03 November 2001, 01:52 AM
Huey
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Sorry guys didnt mean to be rude (workin hard to raise the funds), but thanks for the advice,...not a bad word against it...you've sold me.

And dont tempt me wiv yer Legacy's for sale, *drool* *drool*...I'm not ready,....I cant ...I mustnt....ooooooo (it's too much to resist)!!!

Thanks again!!
Old 03 November 2001, 08:20 AM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Huey!

I must say: TOP CAR!!!!

I have two: I have a Legacy 92 Estate with some mods (£500) which kicks *** when it comes to a standard Impreza (UK SPEC) which is also not as harder ride as an impreza (however this doesn't mean that i still don't want an Impreza) and I also have a Legacy RS Rally Car (Forest) Shall well just say GREAAAAAAAT FUN!!!!!

Huey, if you need any more info just let me know

Dean