My car, vandalised *again*

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2001, 10:15 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

<Sigh>
Staying at my girlfriend's in a studenty part of Aberdeen last night, when I walked out this morning to find the passenger side wing mirror missing. Some probably pissed up, t*sspot had kicked off my passenger side wing mirror and then wrenched the wiring out, leaving a scuff on the paintwork

Replacement wing mirrors from the local breakers are fairly cheap at £45+VAT. But that's 50quid that could be better spent on other stuff. I've just fitted the replacement, wonder how much electrically folding mirrors cost?

Any bets on what is vandalised next? After the breakage and thieving of 2 scoops, vandalism of 1 wing mirror, 1 dent in passenger wing (unconnected with today's events) and a scuff on the rear bumper I'm getting pretty fed up with fixing car after other people's disrespect and carelessness. Still, that's over 3 years of ownership (even the Sport I had previously was attacked), which unfortunately I suppose I should expect for driving a car like the Impreza.[1]

But, these minor setbacks *do not* diminish my enthusiasm for the car.
Old 16 October 2001, 10:35 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Sorry to hear that Miles mate
Good to hear you can get it looking as it should though.
These w4nkers really **** me off. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

See ya later

Kos
Old 17 October 2001, 09:59 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Don't let them get you down mate! I am due for a trip to a body shop, a dentmaster visit and a trip down the car hi fi shop... None of these trips are due to me or my personal requirements - someone else has made them neccessary for me.

I will not trade in for a bloody Ford Capri that will be left alone!

The unwanted attention and Inner London dings and scrapes prob cost me less than a pound a day, which makes me feel better!

Scooby on!

D
Old 17 October 2001, 10:10 AM
Johnny Alpha
Scooby Regular

Angry

This really fricks me off! If you can't leave your car overnight in a garage you always have to worry what some tosspot or lowlife if going to do to it.

I've had my spoiler "removed" and a headlamp put through. You just think why. I'm still putting aside the money to have the boot and spoiler replaced (£1000). The only thing is what's going to stop it happening again?
Old 17 October 2001, 01:45 PM
Sigmund
Scooby Regular

Having your 12V battery and some condensators connected to all the outer metal parts of your car. That will make them think twice before touching it again...