Sponsored by:

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2001, 01:54 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,

I cant seem to find myself a nice Impreza STI MK6 !! Im after a 2 door example, wanted it standard or at a push, light modification.

I just cant seemed to find any. I would conisder a V5 but only at a push. I have looked at several P1 but for the money, I would rather go for an import.

What should I look for when buying a STI v6 or a P1 ? Does anyone know of a good site to find a V6 ??

Also, is there a guy called Andy Williams on here ?? He used to drive a Silver 4 door V5 STI ?? He was a real Impreza fan and I used to work with him in UBS, he lives around the Guildford area ??

If you know of a good site, or a good example of a V6 or a cheapish good P1, let me know :- simon@homebase.co.uk

SBK
Old 16 October 2001, 02:24 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Simon,

You WILL want to mod the car once you've got it. I would buy an STI5/6 off the BBS with everything done to it (there's one with alot done to it in the private section). You'll get one with full scoobysport DP,MS and BB, Link everything, 17" wheels, ugraded brakes and suspension, tracker, CAT1, etc, etc for 16/17k. That's 5000/6000 thousand quids worth of upgrades for the cost of a standard car.

If you get one under 20000 miles with FSH there's no reason why it shouldn't be as good an investment as the standard car. Maybe investment was the wrong word.
Old 16 October 2001, 04:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Thought there was a version 6 advertised in the for sale section??

Tony
Old 16 October 2001, 04:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Dont forget that if you do buy a Jap import (grey import) that they can only be run on super unleaded ie to the likes of 97+ron fuel (optimax from shell is 98.6 ) that you wont normally have any sort of readable info with it (all in japanese) but check out www.sidc.co.uk and they should answer your questions anyway
Nice if the car has a turbo timer and fsh (you wont have any support from Subaru UK thou as they dont touch grey imports).
Hope this helps

Tony