Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else waiting for the MY05 STi "special offer"?

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2006, 02:22 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else waiting for the MY05 STi "special offer"?

On the pre-registered STi's with delivery miles that are knocking around in Subaru dealers for around £21k at the moment?

I'm hoping that Subaru do a repeat of the Bugeye "special offer" when the Blobeye came out - free PPP, free servicing and 5 years 0% iirc on the old model.

Anyone heard any rumours???? Better still, anyone got any facts????
Old 14 February 2006, 02:37 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

I think they'ed be stupid to offer anything better than they are, it will make the new cars look even more pricey, im sure that they are selling enough of those pre-registered to not need to do it.

Edit: to add, i think that the dealers have 'bought' those pre-registered cars, so cannot offer much better (i bet theyve bought them for about 19K)

Simon
Old 14 February 2006, 02:38 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Prices are a low as they are going to get. When I bought mine, registered Jan this year, the dealer explained that the only way he could offer such a great price was by using the 0% deal from Subaru UK, his dealer discount and pre-registering. They won't be offering the cars at 21-22K with 0% as that would be giving you 0% twice. You may squeeze a little more out of a desperate dealer who has had a car gathering dust in his showroom but I reckon we've seen all the discounts we are going to see. Someone will now post the best deal in the history of Subaru and prove me wrong
Old 14 February 2006, 02:52 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

http://www.subaru.co.uk/IMGGB/WWW/Su...0?Opendocument

5yr 0% already..... but on the full price by the looks of it
Old 14 February 2006, 02:57 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Someone will now post the best deal in the history of Subaru and prove me wrong
pmsl

Think I might hold on a wee bit longer before I do anything. I have an uncanny talent for buying stuff at exactly the wrong time and either just missing out on a great deal or losing a shedload of cash

Edited to add: knowing my luck I'll hold on too long this time and they'll all be gone!

Last edited by Scooby New; 14 February 2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 14 February 2006, 03:08 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

You wont loose a shed load of cash but if you leave it too long, but maybe they will only have a load of sheds left
Old 14 February 2006, 04:47 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Why bother buying an 05 model when you can have a EU 06 model for this money. You won't get 0% finance but you could always buy on a PCP and invest the rest.

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Prices are a low as they are going to get. When I bought mine, registered Jan this year, the dealer explained that the only way he could offer such a great price was by using the 0% deal from Subaru UK, his dealer discount and pre-registering. They won't be offering the cars at 21-22K with 0% as that would be giving you 0% twice. You may squeeze a little more out of a desperate dealer who has had a car gathering dust in his showroom but I reckon we've seen all the discounts we are going to see. Someone will now post the best deal in the history of Subaru and prove me wrong
Old 14 February 2006, 04:51 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

The reason I am hoping for the offer is precisely for the 0% finance. I couldn't afford to do it any other way!
Old 14 February 2006, 04:56 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

The my05 sti is available on 5 year's 0% a tyour local dealer with a 35% deposit down,brings the monthly payment out at £290 pm
Old 14 February 2006, 04:58 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

Yes but only on a full price MY05 STi - not on the ones they're knocking out at £21k
Old 14 February 2006, 06:30 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HOWY
Why bother buying an 05 model when you can have a EU 06 model for this money.
ermm, coz the 06 model looks cack (IMHO of course)

i think the best deal you'll get is the asking price of 21k and maybe a discount on PPP? can't see them offering 0% on an already heavily discounted car.

must be kicking the **** out of residuals for private sales (or if you're buying!)
Old 14 February 2006, 06:56 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Decided not to go for the MY06 because I prefer the way the MY05 drives. Having seen the grey Spec C that belongs to one of the moderators I maybe should have gone for one like that. Then again it would have been considerably more expensive and the overall deal was what sealed it for me. The well don't overfloweth wiv wonga I am afraid.

Just a word on residuals...3yr old STIs are all going for 5 figures. Buy one of these for 21-22k and you will get back at least half of what you paid for it. That is pretty good for a brand new car whoever makes it. Add on a bit of interest and it'll cost you about 4 grand a year or about 300 a month. Give or take. You aren't going to get a better practical perfomance car for that sort of money.
Old 14 February 2006, 06:57 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Oh, and I could have got 10% off the PPP if I wanted it.
Old 14 February 2006, 08:10 PM
54Roadster
Scooby Regular

Default me too!

I've been scouring the "demonstrator" pages of the subaru site, and there are good deals to be had for £21k ish. Have spoken to a few dealerships and they will do a deal on the PPP, so I am very very tempted. As you say, not 0% finance, but I was going to PCP anyway.

If we all agree that 21k is about as low as its going to get, I don't feel so bad about not getting the 06 model (wouldn't want to think that I was buying last years car at nearly 06 prices)

cheers