Sponsored by:

Fog lamp covers on a 99/00 bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2006, 06:02 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lamp covers on a 99/00 bumper

How are the fog lamp covers on a 99/00 spec front bumper held in place.

Are they simply held in place via clips that go over the fog lamps them selves or do they have some kind of bracket that screws onto the bumper then the covers screw onto the bracket?

I will be ordering a 99/00 spec bumper next week and i'll also be buying covers as well. The fog lamps on my 1995 bumper are sold and just awaiting removal. I dont see any point in fitting them to the newer bumper which will have the covers fitted so in effect rendering them usless.

Will
Old 12 February 2006, 06:12 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

My MY99 UK turbo had round see-thru plastic covers for the fogs which just clipped onto the lamps with 3 clips. Not 100% sure but the blanking covers from a P1/STI5 might fit too - unless the UK foglight lenses stick out too far....
Old 12 February 2006, 06:25 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
My MY99 UK turbo had round see-thru plastic covers for the fogs which just clipped onto the lamps with 3 clips. Not 100% sure but the blanking covers from a P1/STI5 might fit too - unless the UK foglight lenses stick out too far....
STI v5 is the ones i'll be buying, just need to be sure they can be fitted without fog lamps being present.

Will
Old 12 February 2006, 06:44 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

The bumper should have (!) 2 small rectangular holes on either side .... just above and on either side of the spot lamps .... you need to get on your knees to look for them.

The covers should have 2 tabs on the top of each that fit into these holes. There is also a hole on the bottom corner (nearest the outer edge of each) where a screw can be put in to attach them to the bumper.

I used a long thin screw to attach mine to the bumper behind and also a plastic screw head cover for each which I then painted the same colour as the car (available for pennies from homebase etc.)
Old 12 February 2006, 07:11 PM
ljbradbury
Scooby Regular

Cheam Subaru do the proper brackets for attaching the foglight covers, they arent very expensive and they were very helpful and posted them to me as well.
Old 12 February 2006, 08:43 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ljbradbury
Cheam Subaru do the proper brackets for attaching the foglight covers, they arent very expensive and they were very helpful and posted them to me as well.
Cheam Subaru????

Who's this? contact info, web site please?

Cheers
Will
Old 12 February 2006, 08:45 PM
willfal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5 69
The bumper should have (!) 2 small rectangular holes on either side .... just above and on either side of the spot lamps .... you need to get on your knees to look for them.

The covers should have 2 tabs on the top of each that fit into these holes. There is also a hole on the bottom corner (nearest the outer edge of each) where a screw can be put in to attach them to the bumper.

I used a long thin screw to attach mine to the bumper behind and also a plastic screw head cover for each which I then painted the same colour as the car (available for pennies from homebase etc.)
I've seen these tabs on the ones i'm looking to buy didn't realise they formed part of the fixing process.

Cheers for the info, its very helpful.

Will