Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another British firm goes bust (again)

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2006, 10:01 AM
paulhsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Another British firm goes bust (again)

Yesterday BSA Advanced Sintering closed down, as part of the BSA group (yes links back to the BSA) the company was dragged into administration by the overall group.
Noteing that our customers were automotive and "captive" the prices were hiked to unbelievable levels and all on proforma etc.
We attempted a MBO with intial customer support, but you can only shaft these big boys for a while and they got together resourced and have all pulled out. This leaves the group dept to the bank paid and the adminstrators very much richer.
The admin team then shut the company down and all the people save a few to lock-up and a possible Oilite team still running.
Administration is a killer and I left with no notice no redundancy zip!!
The ironic thing was that we had just won the new BMW 7 speed double clutch project, the Ford powershift project and many others in the face of "low cost countries" because our costs were good but importantly our quality was A grade with VW, Getrag Ford Volvo Honda Magna etc. This is not a case of work moving from UK abroad because they are cheaper, its a case of the banks and finacial institutions take priority over industry and jobs.

Anyway anyone in East Anglia looking for a Lean manufactureing / Quality manager???

Also anyone for a 54 reg type uk STI at £15K??

paul.hotholloway@virgin.net

Last edited by paulhsti; 09 February 2006 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09 February 2006, 10:54 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news mate. It's a sad reflection of manufacturing in this country now. From the worlds greatest manufacuring nation to what we are now.
For 20 years I taught mechanical engineering and have seen the frustrating decline in this provision in colleges of FE My dept. was finally shut down nearly 5 years ago and I took voluntary redundancy. I'm now finishing off my career by taking classes of 15 yr olds thrown out of school. Believe me this is now the growth industry!!!
JohnD
Old 09 February 2006, 10:59 AM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

What a state were in

Sorry to here of your predicament Paul
Old 09 February 2006, 02:24 PM
kwaky
Scooby Regular

WOW

What a p*ss take. Looks like the administrators have well and truely stuck the knife in. Wanting to get back as much money as possible.

I was made redundant several years ago, 2 weeks before the office was closed by the American parent company. Its the closest I've ever come to throwing up without the help of alcohol!

I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time. Get the CV written ASAP and start job hunting/cold calling.
Old 09 February 2006, 04:10 PM
paulhsti
Scooby Regular

Default 3rd time lucky!

NOT!!
this is the third time in about 6 years
ist time was ok in the end I moved jobs within the same firm, second time 2 years ago they wanted me to relocate up to Leeds and although leeds is great had the eldest daughter in o-levels so I took a quite nice package and left then bought the Scoob and then this !!!
This time is a real bummer as the scoobs on e-bay and actually buying a scoob seems to be as popular as bidding on a turd for a swimming pool at the moment!!
Still got 35 watchers and over 1300 views on e-bay (what are they waiting for?) just buy it - its a bargain and mint condition, I was the quality director for the company working to automotive standards so everythings got to be right for me and the car is kept in top condition.

Just been down the job centre plus (plus what?? while you are here sir we will pee you off and embarrase you and then plus, why not have a blow job on us?)