Sponsored by:

Sold the Scoob But...

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2006, 12:24 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sold the Scoob But...

Hi all, left the fold for a lil while well 5 yrs to be exact-lots of money coming then so will get another newer scoob.

Anyway- sold the scoob on monday :-

Tuesday found out the idiot that bought it had rammed a shogun- a mate who sold it for me told the lad (42) let it warm up etc loadsa advice (i was at work) he knows the car well anyway and does/did plenty of work on it, so low and behold the muppet proceeded to fly up the road yes cold car unable to change gear coz he likes to hear an engine whine and i believe 2hrs later smashed the wing and lights up - was his car at that point/all money paid b4 he even test drove it for just that reason.

MY96 wrx - 93500miles got £5000 so think i got a good deal, just sad to see it get smacked up after ive managed not a scratch after nearly 3yrs.

So apologies for letting a now blatantly apparent chopper to put mildly onto the scoob scene-not that it'll last long!!!!

Back soon peeps, will hang around occasionally- still the best car ive owned!!!!
Old 12 February 2006, 08:48 AM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 12 February 2006, 10:32 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I can see your point, it's bad enough selling something you really want to keep - only for the numpty to smash it up the same day!!

As you say though, at least you already had the folding stuff in your back pocket
Old 12 February 2006, 11:13 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you always want your car to go to a good home, you look after it and hope that the next person who buys her cherishes her the same, unfortunately some people just want to look flash and not bother with the fundementals of car maintenance or driver ability and end up either killing themselves or crashing the car because they are not use to the power/way it handles as they think they are an F1 driver or better.

Tony
Old 12 February 2006, 11:32 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I've got a similar story,
Sold my 94 STi Wagon last june after spending a fortune on it, including a £1200 engine rebuild to some chavs from Manchester,
Two weeks later an identical car on false number plates was used in an armed robbery 30 mins from where I live, can't say it was my car but as it was a limited edition of 200 and an import i'm pretty convinced!
Old 12 February 2006, 11:52 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold a Ford Cortina Mark 1 Automatic Deluxe in 1971 ......

I'm pretty sure it's now actually my Washing Machine casing, not certain, but they are BOTH white!! .....

I am absolutely gutted, I loved that car

Pete
Old 12 February 2006, 01:06 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

A guy came all the way from south Wales with his dad to Romford to see my 99MY He loved it and bought it there and then. I told him that if he did'nt look after it I would send the "lads" round to have a "word" with him We kept in touch right up to the time he sold it to his brother. I knew I'd sold him a stonkingly good motor! Bit different to the usual car selling attitude of not wanting to hear from the buyer ever again! So at least this was a happy ending.
JohnD
Old 12 February 2006, 03:17 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
I've got a similar story,
Sold my 94 STi Wagon last june after spending a fortune on it, including a £1200 engine rebuild to some chavs from Manchester,
Two weeks later an identical car on false number plates was used in an armed robbery 30 mins from where I live, can't say it was my car but as it was a limited edition of 200 and an import i'm pretty convinced!
i like the comparison between..... chavs......manchester...and armed robberies....
i have the misfortune of living near manc and your suspicions are bang on.
Old 13 February 2006, 01:08 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

I'm pretty sure it's now actually my Washing Machine casing, not certain, but they are BOTH white!! .....

Pete
Pete,

I've always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt before, but you are infact an absolute ***!
Old 13 February 2006, 01:25 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Pete
FPML Quality as per pete!!!!!!!!!

Old 13 February 2006, 01:32 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Pete
Trouble is ....... the lights on the front are giving me the ******* - it looks just like a CockLink!!

I've had the repairman out 6 times and each time he tells me that wasing Machines do not suffer from DET and I misunderstand the Pre-Wash for Pre-Ignition ................. but I'm soooooo scared

Pete
Old 13 February 2006, 02:04 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

A couple of weeks after I sold my MY97 I received a police letter saying it had been done for speeding in Southend, I then received another police letter with photo saying it had jumped a red light in Southend, checking the times, the two incidents were about 90 seconds apart. You think if you'd just been flashed you'd calm down a bit, anyway I don't want to make any link between chavs and Southend!
Old 13 February 2006, 04:31 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

Trouble is ....... the lights on the front are giving me the ******* - it looks just like a CockLink!!

I've had the repairman out 6 times and each time he tells me that wasing Machines do not suffer from DET and I misunderstand the Pre-Wash for Pre-Ignition ................. but I'm soooooo scared

Pete
Nice one Pete, I certainly hope your using a quality powder in her and
not some nasty cheap stuff !!

Rob
Old 13 February 2006, 04:34 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

MAF sensor gone Pete?
Old 13 February 2006, 04:36 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Pete
Don't worry Pete, the RON of your washing powder needs to go up a bit. Add some fabric softener!

JohnD
Old 13 February 2006, 05:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Don't worry Pete, the RON of your washing powder needs to go up a bit. Add some fabric softener!

JohnD
Excellent!!

What Fabric Conditioner would you recommend?

I've seen some for £1 in Poundland .... it says it softens clothes - but, I read somewhere on a Washing Machine BBS a post from FabricMan and he recommends ONLY the £99 a litre stuff (It's on OFFER on days with a 'y' in them so I had better hurry!!)

FabricMan and the Washine Machine Tuners, WaTuUp (Washing Machine Tune-Up), have said that the Big End Bearing on the driveshaft will shear unless I use the £99 stuff ......... oh, what do I do? what do I do?

Pete