Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno run for PPP'd MY01 yet anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2001, 10:16 PM
haynesaj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone with an MY01 with PPP had a dyno run yet? Would be interested to see what its putting out.

Had my car ppp'd about a month ago and its made a "massive" difference. I have it booked in at Powerstation for a dyno run in a couple of weeks (as well as bumpsteer)
Old 16 October 2001, 08:44 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ran mine at Powerstation a week ago and the results were not very impressive 231.5 Bhp and 217 lb/ft. I am doing another run there on Wednesday along with a friend with a MY01 with just a WR backbox to see the difference before i approach IM to see if there is a problem with my car or if it was the Dyno.

I get a peak boost 1.3 which i am told is correct for the MY01 PPP.

There was a noticealble difference in power but not the huge leap some seem to have found, this maybe because from the day i owned it, i had a WR backbox fitted which is supposed to increase power a bit, thus not making the big difference that a owner with a standard car would feel.

All should be revealed tommorrow

simon
Old 16 October 2001, 09:21 AM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

Ive run mine at PS and PE

At PE

Before PPP

225bhp and 224lbft

After PPP

243bhp and 238lbft

PS

After PPP

238bhp and 228lbft

One thing you need to take into consideration is that power for the std car is quoted on 95RON. IMHO the car with 97RON produces the figures mine got at PE. The torque however still feels short of the quoted 260lbft, as the rollers show.

Its true that the difference is not as great IMHO as fitting the PPP to a MY99 or MY00. Car still needs more poke.

Jonathan
Old 16 October 2001, 09:42 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Lets just get "theoretical" here. Say we all dyno our PPP'd cars and we are all 10bhp and 25ft/lbs down on IM's claimed performance.

What rights do we have to get it sorted so the figures are what IM claimed - do we have any comeback? Could we get our money back?

Jza
Old 16 October 2001, 10:06 AM
TiggerWRX
Scooby Regular

I had mine done at PE a couple of weeks ago;

251 bhp @ 6290 rpm
235 lbs/ft torque 1.1 bar
Old 16 October 2001, 12:28 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Jza

You've changed your tune! You said in drivetrain, re the PPP performance that:

"Floyd, When you test drive a performance car, try ACCELERATING HARD and then you'll notice the difference immediately. No need for me to justify the price of the PPP - the car should be made with a PPP fitted as standard IMHO. Budget to have one fitted and you'll be laughing."

Er, not laughing now, me thinks if you want your money back already. Which is it to be then - PPP= good or bad?

F
Old 16 October 2001, 01:08 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Floyd,

Sorry mate - completely different point here. Im just asking what people think will happen if the dyno proves that IM/Prodrive are talking cobblers re their power claims.

Im NOT dissatisfied with the PPP at all. I dont want my money back. Just that if its proved that its not AS powerful as claimed then what comeback do we have to get EVEN MORE power up to their claimed gains??? I would like to think that kicking up a stink and getting 25 lb/fts would be worth it!!

Nice try tho mate...

Jza

Trending Topics

Old 16 October 2001, 01:32 PM
boultsy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jza

How about kicking up a stink and getting a PPP approved on an import

sorry jza couldn't resist that one (no more PPP bitchin from me honest)
Old 16 October 2001, 02:09 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jza,

in short, NO. There are too many variables to be able to have any comeback against IM - in fact I *think* that the warranty *may* be invalidated if you tell them that you've put it on a Dyno - be careful.

Variables include:

Ambient temp that day (probably higher inside as well)
Charge temps probably higher than on the road due to the car sitting on a Dyno (less airflow)
Can you guarantee the quality of the fuel you are using?
Can you guarantee that the Dyno is correctly calibrated? (this is a whole 'nother story in itself, results vary from Dyno to Dyno as a matter of course!!)
Can you guarantee that you were not getting any wheelspin (unlikely I know but it does happen)

There's bound to be a bunch of other reasons why Dyno readings cannot be taken as gospel - these are just off the top of my head. I'm sure other peeps will add to the list....

Matt
Old 16 October 2001, 02:14 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
JZA, rolling road dynos prove nothing as they are prone to potentially huge variables. Have a look at the dyno pages (top left of screen) and you'll see what I mean. Absolute accuracy within 10bhp would be a good result, IMHO.

Just a few variables include ambient temperature, induction temperature, air pressure, humidity, fuel, tyre pressures, wheel alignment, gear ratios. It's a long list, and no two dynos are ever the same.

Thing is, they're the best (affordable) power test we've got and an experienced eye can gain quite a lot of info from the shape of the graphs, more than the height of them.

Richard.

Edited to say that you beat me to it, Matt! !

[Edited by Hoppy - 10/16/2001 2:16:08 PM]
Old 16 October 2001, 02:47 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hoppy.....

Matt

P.S. You beat me to saying "look at the Dyno site" (in fact I forgot to type that until just now )