ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

06 STi Spec C for £18750 NEW!

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2006, 03:31 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Question 06 STi Spec C for £18750 NEW!

Ok, I have been offered a brand new 2006 STi Spec C for £18750. It is RHD has all the right bits and is brand new from a Subaru dealer. The problem is it is in Norway. However, if I buy it for export that is all I will pay, but what do I do when i drive it to UK on trade plates and how much will it cost to do these things to make it road legal in UK?

Obviously-still need SVA and re-map and mph speedo and I guess i will need to pay car tax on registration. But will I end up with a considerable saving or will I just be as well buying in the UK from say Litchfield at £28000?

Anyone any ideas or should i just forget it and buy a european model for £23000?
Old 30 January 2006, 04:16 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure you will have already done this - however have you checked which Spec C it is. There is a low cost version that is a rally car base. Given what you have said then it sounds as if you have checked.

In terms of landing it - Norway is not a EU country so you will have to pay VAT, import duty and carry out an ESVA which will require a model report. AFAIK there are at least two - Iain's and I am pretty sure Prodrive must have one as they bring the Spec Cs in for rallying.

I suggest calling Iain to see if he will help you I am not sure Prodrive will be too keen

Contrary to a lot of posts of here - you will need a Spec C model report. It will be easier if you have a proven build of before January 1st 2006 when the new emissions came to bear.

Sounds like a great find - good luck - all in all you might save £2-4000
Old 30 January 2006, 05:46 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Hi Rannoch, thanks for the feedback. Yes it isnt the motorsport version with 16s it is the pucker job and has aircon/roof vent/235 bridgestones and leccie windows. The dealer can set up the electronic diff so thats one thing sorted.

I was thinking of just asking Ian or similar to give me a price to sort it out.
The dealer says he has sold one to Autosportif before in UK so that may be another avenue.

My budget is £23000 so its either this or a UK (Europe) job.
Old 30 January 2006, 07:09 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

If your budget is only £23K, I think you'll be better off with the European one - VAT on the Norwegian one will put the price up a fair bit - add on the import duty, speedo, remap, road tax, ESVA and a bit extra for any other bits that need sorting out and I'd reckon you're looking at over £23K.

If you can get a European one for £23K and you can drive it straight away and not have to mess around it would be a better bet.
Old 30 January 2006, 10:55 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

It is great price for a full Spec C - I agree with Mike though - taxes, shipping, model report hire if you can get one and ESVA will be a significant cost. Well over the £4,000 you have budgeted.

If you then put in a UK remap and set up you are probably looking at at least another £500 if not more.

Get a Euro STi and enjoy.
Old 31 January 2006, 01:55 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys good advice i think, with all the other complications a Jap import brings.